Google Analytics Conversion Tracking

I just added a conversion tracking funnel in my google analytics account. I followed the google analytics module help - these are the recommended steps:

• product.php (not required)
  • order/step0.html (required)
  • authentication.php (required)
  • order/step1.html (required)
  • order/step2.html (required)
  • order/step3.html (required)

This is the target page: order-confirmation.php

-----------------------------

When I do the order process, it's more like:

• order (+parameters)
  • login
  • order

Target: order-confirmation

Question: isn't the advice in the module based on a prestashop 1.5 setup? If so, what is the correct sales funnel for prestashop 1.6?

Edited by Administratоr (see edit history)

If you're using one page checkout the goal funnels are less as below, however we are having problems in catching every conversion.

Since we updated from 1.4.4, the same funnels don't catch all the conversions in 1.6.0.6 because the new paypal module forwards from the usual confirmation 'order-confirmation' page to another page.

- You need to set up more than one goal in Google Analytics goals to catch conversions for cheques, paypal etc:

We only use one step which is: /quick-order

Then the destinations: choose 'regular expression'

- Cheques: order-confirmation

- Paypal: module/paypal/submit

The above destinations work but we are still not catching all the conversions if anyone knows if there are any other destination/confirmation pages different to the above that will log a sale?

I'm not sure if the Paypal module has a different return/confirmation pages for customers using cards and for those using their paypal accounts??

We are using google analytics module 1.8.1 and not the API because we can't get that to work either..

Edited by Lee (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

My comment here is old and before the release of 2.0.5. However, now I have data coming but a lot of false transactions are being reported. I have unhooked the module from all backend hooks few days ago and so far i'm not getting false transactions. 

Which version of Google Analytics are you using ?