Checkout page - missing customer message box / form

PS 1.6.0.6 with "Mail Alerts" enable.

Merchant will receive a notification when an order is placed.
In the email, there is a section for "Customer Message"

But on checkout page (one-page checkout), customer and guest cannot find any message box/form.
How to insert customer message (for special instruction for his order)?

I dont know if it is a bug... Or am i miss/delete something there after edit the theme files?

Remark: It seems like standard five-step checkout has no problem. Customer can insert comment under addresses.

post-221841-0-80043400-1399629719_thumb.jpg

post-221841-0-86427100-1399629729_thumb.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/121354636@N08/13959115969/

For one-page checkout, add these code into "order-opc.tpl"

Now, customer or guest can write comment or special instruction about the order, no matter "standard five steps" or "one-page checkout".
<div id="ordermsg" class="form-group">
<label>{l s='If you would like to add a comment about your order, please write it in the field below.'}</label>
<textarea class="form-control" cols="60" rows="6" name="message">{if isset($oldMessage)}{$oldMessage}{/if}</textarea>
</div>
Edited by seanloo (see edit history)

Sorry. Try some methods (included above) but still cannot pass the message into merchant's email.

With module Mail Alerts enable:-

1) Standard five-steps checkout, customer and guest both can add comment under Step-3 (Address), and the comment can pass to merchant's email.

2) If One-page checkout, customer and guest cannot add comment (by default). Try to add form / textarea in order-opc.tpl, but cannot pass the comment to merchant's email.

Please advise solution. TQ.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

UPDATE:

Found a solution on prestashops github

https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/commit/72bdeb32ede93b5f34f348431a4b883e47e33b07

https://www.flickr.com/photos/121354636@N08/13959115969/

For one-page checkout, add these code into "order-opc.tpl"

Now, customer or guest can write comment or special instruction about the order, no matter "standard five steps" or "one-page checkout".
<div id="ordermsg" class="form-group">
<label>{l s='If you would like to add a comment about your order, please write it in the field below.'}</label>
<textarea class="form-control" cols="60" rows="6" name="message">{if isset($oldMessage)}{$oldMessage}{/if}</textarea>
</div>

I also have the same problem. This just shows the message box but it's not submitted with the order. Anyone with a solution to this?

Edited by daklock (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

I modify the <label>{l s='For custom made dresses, please tell us your measurement bust, waist, hips and height in cm/inches. Add a comment about your order here.'}</label>

I want my text show beside the comment box, but it didn't show my text, it still show If you would like to add a comment about your order, please write it in the field below.

How to edit the text show beside the comment box?

Edited by vivianlwy (see edit history)
  • Like 1