Clear smarty cache leads to Call for undefined method Shop

This seems an unusual problem.

I've moved a prestashop 1.5.6 installation from one server location to another, retaining the same database. I copied all files and changed URL locations in the database. Logging into the back office poses no problem, the shop shows up, no problem.

Until I clear the Smarty Cache.

Then I get the following error message:

"Fatal error: Call to undefined method Shop::initialize() in /hermes/bosweb25a/b56/nf.logorythm/public_html/crotchetquaver.com/shop/config/config.inc.php on line 95"

The code at line 95 config.inc.php is:

$context->shop = Shop::initialize();
if (Tools::isEmpty($theme_name = $context->shop->getTheme()) && !defined('_PS_ADMIN_DIR_'))
  throw new PrestaShopException(Tools::displayError('Current theme unselected. Please check your theme configuration.'));

The problem can be cleared by deleting >> class_index.php << in the cache folder. Of course I can manually clear the cache every time I want to recompile, but not only is it inconvenient, it's not addressing the cause of the problem, which may lead to a later problem (I don't know).

I would be most grateful if someone can point me to a potential solution to this.

Many thanks in advance.

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I never found a permanent solution.

You can solve the problem by deleting the file class_index.php in cache folder and then clear your cache manually:

>> cache/smarty/compile
>> cache/smarty/cache
>> img/tmp
Delete all the files in the folders, except for index.php.