Multiple Product Attributes for one product

Tom Upton

Hey there guy's,

I hope your well and having a fab day :-)

Ok I've just moved over to using Presta Shop and ideally need some professional advice from the experts!

The situation is, I have a client who is using WooCommerce for an online store, the problem is the gross amount of product sales and attributes assigned to the products. To give you an idea their current DB size is 148mb in size with just 200 products. I've looked at moving onto Presta Shop as the solution is a proper ecommerce platform and not a blog with ecommerce functionality ha-ha.

The problem I have is setting up attributes! Here is the scenario:

1 - I have one product with a fixed price, lets say £12.99
2 - This product has two options, associated with the product. Lets say these are Colour and Size.

For the customer to purchase this product they need to select the colour and the size they want etc.

Problem:

1 - There are 89 different colours
2 - There are 4 different sizes

What I've done already in my demo store is set these up as "Product Attributes" this works perfectly woop woop. The problem I'm facing is with the next product.

The next product im trying to add is a "Bundle" package. i.e. the customer can buy the first product mentioned but in a quantity of 3. This product would be priced at £29.99 for example

What we need is unfortunately is the ability for the customer to choose the "Colour" and the "Size" three times. As the customer may want ("1 x white", "1 x black", "1 x green", then sized "Small", "Small", "Large")

This in the product admin is going to create a massive list of Attributes which obviously im concerned about.

The next problem is we are planning to have 2 other products, one with 6 items and one with 10 items in which these attributes are going to need to be assigned to these two.

The question im asking is.....

How would you guys go around this? Am I totally missing the blinding obvious with the functionality within the store itself?

I would say if I only had 3 x colours and 3 x sizes this would be really simple to implement, but the concern I have is that there is a 89 different colour variations.

Anyway I hope someone can help :-)

Thanks in advance

Tom

Instead of bundling, you could use quantity discounts. In product->Edit go to prizes tab and:

click add specific prize.

select 'apply to all combinations'

select '3' in starting at XX units

select 9.99 as it's new prize (or instead of a new fixed prize, you could add a discount in percentage or amount if you prefer)

Save.

Then, In the product details, there's a price discount tab, where the available discounts are presented. Then, when adding 3 or more products, the discount should be given automatically. You can still add each product separately, with it's own size/colour.

Hope this helps,

pascal.