1.6 Parked Domain on Single Store

Hi I'm looking to set up a parked domain onto my prestashop site. its not a multi-store and the main site is running off of a domain with a sub folder like so...

Current set up (example): http://www.prestashopsite.com/subfolder/

I want to send a completely different domain to override the set up domain so when I go to the store it shows... http://www.newsitedomain.com/ 

however I a having problems setting up the SEO and URL's settings. My domain is parked which I set up on the domain registrar's website. I've tried setting up a park on my cpanel and playing with the SEO settings in prestashop.

however the closest I have got was being able to go to the domain and get the site up, but the domain label got rewritten in the address bar. what I keep getting now however is a loop issue. can someone tell me what I should be putting in the SEO & URL settings and where I can be going wrong?

Any help will be grateful,

Thanks!

Thank you for your help, I decided to change the main hosting domain to the one I was trying to park on the store, with this I then tried transferring the site from the sub folder (which was working fine after changing the host domain) to the main directory (public_html).

now when I view the main directory I receive the following error...

Notice: Use of undefined constant _RIJNDAEL_KEY_ - assumed '_RIJNDAEL_KEY_' in /home/gtairsoft01/public_html/classes/Cookie.php on line 80

Notice: Use of undefined constant _RIJNDAEL_IV_ - assumed '_RIJNDAEL_IV_' in /home/gtairsoft01/public_html/classes/Cookie.php on line 80

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/gtairsoft01/public_html/classes/Cookie.php:80) in/home/gtairsoft01/public_html/classes/controller/FrontController.php on line 790

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SmartyException' with message 'unable to write file /home/gtairsoft01/public_html/cache/smarty/compile/1e/65/8b/wrt53738dabafd750.00697252' in /home/gtairsoft01/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_write_file.php:44 Stack trace: #0 /home/gtairsoft01/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php(201): Smarty_Internal_Write_File::writeFile('/home/gtairsoft...', '<?php /* Smarty...', Object(Smarty)) #1 /home/gtairsoft01/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(155): Smarty_Internal_Template->compileTemplateSource() #2 /home/gtairsoft01/public_html/classes/module/Module.php(1860): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->fetch() #3 /home/gtairsoft01/public_html/modules/homeslider/homeslider.php(477): ModuleCore->display('/home/gtairsoft...', 'header.tpl') #4 /home/gtairsoft01/public_html/classes/Hook.php(507): HomeSlider->hookdisplayHeader(Array) #5 /home/gtairsoft01/public_html/classes/controller/FrontController.php(443): HookCore::exec('disp in/home/gtairsoft01/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_write_file.php on line 44

can anyone explain what I need to do to resolve this error? (I turned error reporting on to see this as was getting a white screen)

Edited by Sparkz (see edit history)

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SmartyException' with message 'unable to write file /home/gtairsoft01/public_html/cache/smarty/compile/1e/65/8b/wrt53738dabafd750.00697252'

is saying this path is no writeable.  folders should typically be 755 and files 644 (.htaccess 666).

you could also clear auto cache from back office-->advanced parms-->performance...

I've had a play and I now have my site up however it seems that the theme has change, I believe this has happened in result of the latest version of 1.6, one of my main problems with this is the search bar shows "fl" instead of search and some of the images are not being pulled through (like the slider arrows).

What can be causing this?

Thank you for all your help