Paypal issues on Pretashop 1.6.0.6 (too many issues to work with)

there are too many layout and other issues on the paypal module on Pretashop 1.6.0.6.;; Paypal module : PayPal v3.6.8
Issues:

there is no paypal button showing under add to chart. it is in the end of the product page.

the button for payment is to the right of the page, outside the table.( for mobile phones)

There are many browser compatibility issues; firefox dont show some buttons ie shows...

also when the paypal module is enabled, the voucher part of the checkout page(onfirefox) cannot be seen.

Kind Regards

Engin

please vote this up, so it can get a fix...

http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PNM-2312

Edited by ufukengin (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Sadly, you will have to change the module because you can't use the version 3.6.x... I had some issues too and I had to migrate.

fix:

uninstall and delete the module and then install the new module:

Module PayPal USA, Canada & Mexico V 1.3.3

This version is simpler and works.

there is no paypal button showing under add to chart. it is in the end of the product page.

You can change this in the modules configuration settings (if you're talking about paypalusa, not paypal euro).

What I hate the most is the express checkout config settings force you to use one or the other. I want to use the prestashop cart button (so they will register). With paypal standard the checkout process is much too long and confusing, but with express checkout registered users are re-registered again under their paypal email address.

Using express checkout but forcing them to use the prestashop cart button lets them register (and returning users log in) but the checkout is very simple and fast.