[solved] Default quantity based on product id?

mbp

Hi

I have changed the default quantity in my 1.5.6.2 Shop from 1item to 4items

I'm selling car tires so i want the customer to put 4items in the basket in the easiest way.

BUT there is one product that i would like to decide the default value of 1 instad. C

product.tpl around line 342

<input type="text" name="qty" id="quantity_wanted" class="text" value="4" size="2" maxlength="3" {if $product->minimal_quantity > 1}onkeyup="checkMinimalQuantity({$product->minimal_quantity});"{/if} />

I have added an if statement in with the right value and prestashop underands this and puts 1 item in the basket, but the other value is alo showing. 

How come?

{if $product->id==189}
                <input type="text" name="qty" id="quantity_wanted" class="text" value="1" size="2" maxlength="3" {if $product->minimal_quantity > 1}onkeyup="checkMinimalQuantity({$product->minimal_quantity});"{/if} />
              {/if}
				<input type="text" name="qty" id="quantity_wanted" class="text" value="4" size="2" maxlength="3" {if $product->minimal_quantity > 1}onkeyup="checkMinimalQuantity({$product->minimal_quantity});"{/if} />

error_problem.png

Edited by mbp (see edit history)

Probably an {else} will do the job:

{if $product->id==189}
       <input type="text" name="qty" id="quantity_wanted" class="text" value="1" size="2" maxlength="3" {if $product->minimal_quantity > 1}onkeyup="checkMinimalQuantity({$product->minimal_quantity});"{/if} />
{else}

{/if}

Hope this helps,

pascal

{if $product->id==189}

{else}

{/if}

Hope this helps,

pascal

Thx i tried the else but forgot the if.

THX PascalVG :)

• 5 months later...

{if $product->id==189}

{else}

{/if}

Hope this helps,

pascal

Hi , I am looking for a solution to set a default quantity of 1 when I insert a new product. By default is 0. I'm not talking about the minimal quantity but about the actual product quantity.

Hi , I am looking for a solution to set a default quantity of 1 when I insert a new product. By default is 0. I'm not talking about the minimal quantity but about the actual product quantity.

Hi, this solution is for increasing the "add to cart quantity" from 1item to 4items at the product page in the front office.

Hi George, try this:

in /classes/Product.php (make backup, or even better make override)

change function Add: (Sample code from 1.6.0.8).

Add the red code

public function add($autodate = true, $null_values = false)

{

$newProd = 0;

if (!$this->id)

$newProd = 1;

if (!parent::add($autodate, $null_values))

return false;

if ($this->getType() == Product::PTYPE_VIRTUAL)

{

StockAvailable::setProductOutOfStock((int)$this->id, 1);

if ($this->active && !Configuration::get('PS_VIRTUAL_PROD_FEATURE_ACTIVE'))

Configuration::updateGlobalValue('PS_VIRTUAL_PROD_FEATURE_ACTIVE', '1');

}

else

StockAvailable::setProductOutOfStock((int)$this->id, 2);

if ($newProd)

StockAvailable::setQuantity($this->id, null, 1); // 1 = quantity wanted

$this->setGroupReduction();

Hook::exec('actionProductSave', array('id_product' => $this->id));

return true;

}

Hope that does the trick,

pascal.