[solved] Has Klarna been removed from 1.6.0.6?

• 2 weeks later...

Thx!

The backwards folder was empty so i manually downloaded it and replaced it.

Hi

I'm new to presta shop. I've installed it locally, but I do not see the klarna module in 1.6.

I've downloaded the module you listed here from github, bit when I copy it to the modules folder I get this error:

[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module klarnaprestashop:

require(): Failed opening required 'C:\xampp\htdocs\prestashop/modules/klarnaprestashop/backward_compatibility/backward.php' (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\PEAR')

I would appreciate any help how to get this module running?

Regards,

L. Toshev

Hi

I'm new to presta shop. I've installed it locally, but I do not see the klarna module in 1.6.

I've downloaded the module you listed here from github, bit when I copy it to the modules folder I get this error:

[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module klarnaprestashop:

require(): Failed opening required 'C:\xampp\htdocs\prestashop/modules/klarnaprestashop/backward_compatibility/backward.php' (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\PEAR')

I would appreciate any help how to get this module running?

Regards,

L. Toshev

Download https://github.com/PrestaShop/backwardcompatibility and copy all the files to same dir in klarna module folder.

Open klarnaprestashop.php and change the link to right backwardscaompability around line 79:

require(_PS_MODULE_DIR_.$this->moduleName.'/backward_compatibility/backward.php');

to:

require(_PS_MODULE_DIR_.$this->moduleName.'/backward_compatibility/backwardcompatibility.php'); 

• 3 months later...

Link refers now to a 404. Can't find Klarnaprestashop-Module on Github Repository anymore.

I think this is the module i used for 1.6 witch not longer is available on github.

This is was earlier intergraded in Prestashop late 1.5 an early 1.6 i think and developed by the prestashop team.

v1.7.4-Klarna.zip

Edited by mbp (see edit history)

Just saying ...

I have already 1.7.4 of the module installed, but this didn't work bugless in PS 1.6.0.9, but thats another thread.

I only wonder if prestashop stopped supporting klarna? Or is it only removed for incompatibility reasons?

Would be glad to hear something about cause Klarna is one of our customers favourite payment solution.

Best Regards Jan

Hey tuk66,

this isn't a lead. Klarna never listed or hosted the prestashop module, cause it was developed by prestashop.

But I didn't see prestashop listed as a partner. Last week prestashop was listed ...

I saved a copy of the module from this version and will make a compare.

Any administrator have a info about that?

Thx Jan

Edited by janthemanson (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

We are currently moving to Prestashop and this is a huge shock for us.

A very large part of our customers use Klarna, we are dependent on it.

We assumed all large e-commerce systems, community developed and open-source or not, would support Klarna. So, Klarna is no longer supported and we need to add some old version as a hack? Does anyone know the politics behind this, why it was removed? I have googled and I can't find anything about this. It would be great if they would be open about it and tell the users why.

What a mess.  :wacko:

Can anyone please help me to install the latest version (1.7.6)? I couldn't find any zip on Github so I manually downloaded each file from tuk66's post above, then I created the folder structure as it appears on Github. When I move the klarnaprestashop/ folder to my locally installed Prestashop (1.6.0.9) install modules/ I get, when I go to the modules section in my Prestashop backend:

2 Errors 
klarnaprestashop (Parser-Error in /modules/klarnaprestashop/klarnaprestashop.php)
klarnaprestashop (Class missing in /modules/klarnaprestashop/klarnaprestashop.php)

Also, the github hosted file is somehow shown inline (!) inside my Prestashop backend module section at the top of the page, it looks completely broken.

I am a complete beginner and would appreciate some help. Thanks in advance.
Edited by Silker (see edit history)