Creating a category doesn't work - no errors shown when saving

Rollu

Hi Guys, Hopefully someone can help me with this. I've installed PS 1.6.0.5, changed the theme etc. The next stage is to create proper categories and products. When I went to create one and went through the process putting in all mandatory stuff when I hit save I was brought back to the category list page but didn't see my new category I created. I only saw the one that was there by default (Woman). Tried to use the "Refresh list" button but no joy either 

I then tried to edit the above "Woman" category (just to remove some text etc. ) but that didn't work either and I didn't see any errors after I did all of the above. 

I've then tried to add a manufacturer and a supplier - both worked perfectly, Then went to create / modify a product under one of those default subcategories and that also worked. 

Any ideas why can't I create or modify categories and sub categories? With all the above that "Work" it is always showing "Creation successful" message in this greenish bar along with a Tick icon. That's the only difference between them. Trying to create a category just sends me back to the previous page where I've clicked "ADD NEW".

I have also disabled cache and all that other Smarty functionality. And didn't have issues with this when I was changing the theme.

Here's few things I noticed:

• Changing position (by dragging them) worked on 2 sub categories. Showed "Update Successful" when I did it and kept it after I came back to this page.
  • After going into 2nd or 3rd level when I save it always go back to the Home category list.
  • Deleting works - shows that message about reassigning products under it etc.
  • Disabling doesn't work (when clicked on the icon) - it goes to this address: /admin7543/index.php&conf=5 and showes a 404 page on my site. But with "Bulk selection" action I was able to enable/disable them.

Thanks in advance

Rafal

Edited by Rollu (see edit history)

Maybe check with your provider if "mod_security" is still on. Let them turn it off. This sometimes interferes with this kind of actions.

My 2 cents,

pascal.

Thanks Pascal. I've disabled it in .htaccess file for the domain I'm working on:

Added:

<IfModule mod_security.c>

SecFilterEngine Off

SecFilterScanPOST Off

</IfModule>

But that didn't help... Worth trying tough.