Limit Product Availability / Sales to a certain Country?

Is it possible to limit product availability / sales to a certain country, as it sometimes can be found on Amazon?

We are going to have a product which is only allowed to be sold domestic, so we can not sell and ship it to any other country.

Can this somehow be done with PrestaShop 1.6.0.6?

If you only enable your country in the country list, no one will be able to purchase it anywhere else.

You can use the built in GEO location tool to completely clock users from other countries from seeing the shop.

Sorry @tomerg3, I haven't been specific enough:

We have one category of products which can only be sold domestic, but all other products can be shipped abroad without restrictions.

I guess this can somehow be done with a certain carrier setup?

I see, I'll have to play around with this idea.

Can you tell what the consequence is when

1. a visitor (not logged in, but from from abroad) puts such a restricted item into the shopping cart and tries to check-out
  2. a customer (logged in, but with shipping/invoice address abroad) puts such a restricted item into the shopping cart and tries to check-out (or is the product not shown in that case)

?

For example Amazon lets you put such location restricted items into the shopping cart but tells you on check-out that such a restricted item can not be shipped to the selected shipping address. Does PrestaShop handle it the same way in such a setup?

• 8 months later...
  • 11 months later...

create a carrier

select the countries

select shipping in one of the products that you wish to restrict.

Go to ps_product_carrier

Find the product by its id and get the carrier reference.

get the ids of all the products you wish to restrict. (can export from the products page)

create a 3-column csv file corresponding to the ps_product_carrier table and paste all e ids and set the carrier ref to be the same as the one found earlier and the id_shop.

For bulk updating.

• 1 year later...

create a carrier

select the countries

select shipping in one of the products that you wish to restrict.

Go to ps_product_carrier

Find the product by its id and get the carrier reference.

get the ids of all the products you wish to restrict. (can export from the products page)

create a 3-column csv file corresponding to the ps_product_carrier table and paste all e ids and set the carrier ref to be the same as the one found earlier and the id_shop.

For bulk updating.

Hi there 

where do I findps_product_carrier, I have been looking in the FTP files but cant find it can you advise, thanks kind regards Len