bliksempie

Hi guys,

We are in the process of evaluating which system to use for the development of a very high profile site we are about to embark on, and I need some answers whether the following items are possible out of the box or not - and if not, if there are already buyable plugins available for these features, and if not, how involved it would be to develop them.

Personally, our company has no Prestashop experience, so if these plugins do not exist,we would need someone to develop them for us in the case of advanced plugins.

The questions I have are:

1. Does Prestashop create an automated sitemap (both for products and content on the CMS side)? -- ANSWERED BY POSTERS OR SUPPORT TECH VIA CHAT.

2. Can a product have multiple, separate categories? The site will be about wines. We want to categorize by region, as well as by variety. The regions are World -> Country -> Region -> Winery, and the varieties are, for example, Wine -> Red -> Cabernet Sauvignon. So, a particular wine can be from a particular winery in Southern France, and is a Cabernet Sauvignon. So we could then list all wines from that winery, region or country, or we could list all red wines in a particular region, etc. In short - need to be two independent "taxonomies" that support categories and sub categories, and I need to be able to assign one from each category to a particular wine. -- DONE RESEARCH, POSSIBLE.

3. Can Prestashop group certain products into, for example, a gift pack? Let's say we are running a promotion on a particular winery's wines, we then want to pack a selection of said wines into a package where people can buy that package and then get, say, 3 wines from that winery. -- LOST CHAT LOG, BUT SUPPORT TECH SAID THIS WAS POSSIBLE. WILL NEED TO FIND A PLUGIN FOR THIS. ANYONE?

4. How does Prestashop's cross-selling and up-selling work? Will it work together with the categories mentioned in #2 above? I could want to cross-sell red wines from other wineries, or different wines from the same winery, or utilize something like "people who bought this, also bought that" as Amazon does. As far as up-selling goes, if I put XYZ wine in my cart, can Prestashop say "If you buy two of these, you get 10% discount" or something similar? -- ANSWERED BY SUPPORT TECH VIA CHAT.

5. Can custom module content (custom plugins) be accessed via the API in a way? E.g., see point #1 - the sitemap. If I were to display the wine category list (part of the sitemap) on an external site via the API, would it be possible? -- ANSWER STILL NEEDED.

We are not opposed to go the commercial version or buy plugins or pay to have them developed - I know that free versions are sometimes not able to provide what commercial versions do - so do not let your comments and answers be bound by that aspect.

Thanks in advance!

Kobus

Edited by bliksempie (see edit history)

I think you can do that all with the features and modules in basic installation of Prestashop.

1) yes there is module for automatic Google sitemap

2) I think you can use attributes and combinations

3) yes it is possible

4) module Cross selling

5) yes there is Web Service for that

Hi UniqueModules.

As for #2, I found the solution - I am happy with assigning products in multiple categories. Thanks!

As for #1 - will serach for it - thanks!

As for #3 - thanks - will try and figure out how it works

As for #4 - found the module, thanks!

As for #5 - does this work even for custom modules? Or only core PS modules?

Kind regards,

Kobus