Display Features in Invoice

Product features should be combined and stored in the order. Or I'm wrong or you want it otherwise. How exactly?

hi tuk66!

what do you mean by combined and stored in the order? :)

but what i meant is, see image below. 

vRNkj.jpg

the weight and pack size, i want them to include at the end of the product description in Invoice and Delivery Slip pdf. i want it to show like

"TRIPLE-M GIANT SHEET SEAWEED (ORIGINAL) 6Gx10S"

I mean that attributes are normally joined and saved together with the product name. In my example iPod has a color attribute.

hmm.. but it appears to me like this..

DUATd.jpg

i'm using Features. not Attributes. will there be any difference? you mean Features can't appear on Invoice? 

Edited by roz (see edit history)

I see. Sorry I exchanged attributes for features. You must patch code as well as PDF template to display features.

See HOW TO article for M4PDF at http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/270613-module-m4-pdf-extensions-with-online-editor/page-6?do=findComment&comment=1668332

hey tuk66!

i added the code in the invoice.tpl file and i get this error..

Fatal error: Cannot use object of type Order as array in /var/www/prestaPOL/cache/smarty/compile/0a/91/88/0a91888840fb207b1dfcd292f779d2279e109643.file.invoice.tpl.php on line 272

and this is where i injected the code..

<!-- PRODUCTS -->
				{foreach $order_details as $order_detail}
				{cycle values='#FFF,#DDD' assign=bgcolor}
				{assign var="features" value=Product::getFrontFeaturesStatic($conf.pdf_id_lang, $order[orders].order_detail[detail].product_id)}
				{* {$features|@debug_print_var} *}
				{section name=feature loop=$features}
				    {* use the first or second style *}
				    {$features[feature].value}{if !$smarty.section.feature.last} x {/if}
				    {* {$features[feature].name}: {$features[feature].value}{if !$smarty.section.feature.last}, {/if} *}
				{/section}
				<tr style="line-height:4px;background-color:{$bgcolor};">
					<td style="text-align: left; width: {if !$tax_excluded_display}75%{else}71%{/if}" colspan=2>{$order_detail.product_name}</td>
					<!--<td style="text-align: left; width: {if !$tax_excluded_display}61%{else}71%{/if}">{$order_detail.product_name}{if isset($order_detail.product_reference) && !empty($order_detail.product_reference)} ({l s='SKU:' pdf='true'} {$order_detail.product_reference}){/if}</td>-->
					<td style="text-align: right; width: 10%; white-space: nowrap;">
					{if $tax_excluded_display}
						{displayPrice currency=$order->id_currency price=$order_detail.unit_price_tax_excl}
					{else}
						{displayPrice currency=$order->id_currency price=$order_detail.unit_price_tax_incl}
					{/if}
					</td>
					<td style="text-align: center; width: 5%">{$order_detail.product_quantity}</td>
					<td style="text-align: right;  width: {if !$tax_excluded_display}10%{else}20%{/if}; white-space: nowrap;">
					{if $tax_excluded_display}
						{displayPrice currency=$order->id_currency price=$order_detail.total_price_tax_excl}
					{else}
						{displayPrice currency=$order->id_currency price=$order_detail.total_price_tax_incl}
					{/if}
					</td>
				</tr>

• 3 weeks later...

Needed the same functionality and got it working in PS 1.6 by changing the default Prestashop template (pdf/invoice.tpl). No M4PDF needed!

I wanted the feature to display in the default language, so I added this line at the top of the template:

{assign var="defaultlang" value=(int)(Configuration::get('PS_LANG_DEFAULT'))}

Then in the Products section right after

you can add the code to print the desired feature:

{assign var="features" value=Product::getFrontFeaturesStatic($defaultlang, $order_detail.product_id)}
{foreach $features as $feature}
{if $feature.id_feature == 8}
<div><span>{$feature.name}: {$feature.value}</span></div>
{/if}
{/foreach}

This is just an example which displays the name and value of the feature with ID 8. Of course you'd have to adapt the feature ID and the output to suit your needs. I hope the idea is clear, though.

• Like 4

• 5 months later...

Needed the same functionality and got it working in PS 1.6 by changing the default Prestashop template (pdf/invoice.tpl). No M4PDF needed!

I wanted the feature to display in the default language, so I added this line at the top of the template:

{assign var="defaultlang" value=(int)(Configuration::get('PS_LANG_DEFAULT'))}

Then in the Products section right after

you can add the code to print the desired feature:

{assign var="features" value=Product::getFrontFeaturesStatic($defaultlang, $order_detail.product_id)}
{foreach $features as $feature}
{if $feature.id_feature == 8}
<div><span>{$feature.name}: {$feature.value}</span></div>
{/if}
{/foreach}

This is just an example which displays the name and value of the feature with ID 8. Of course you'd have to adapt the feature ID and the output to suit your needs. I hope the idea is clear, though.

Hi

Should this work in PS 1.5? I tried it and nothing is displayed!

Hi

Should this work in PS 1.5? I tried it and nothing is displayed!

Sorry, no idea. I've never used PS 1.5, and I don't know about the differences between 1.5 and 1.6, so I can't tell you.

The PS core developers should know, though.

• Like 1