Payment Error during checkout but payment goes through

I have enabled preorders on my website( out of stock products have option "allow orders" enabled)

When my customers place orders with in stock products they get no error, but when they order pre-order products they get following error, but order and payment goes through:

"Sorry, unfortunately an error occured during the transaction.

Please double-check your credit card details and try again or feel free to contact us to resolve this issue."

Any advice on how to get rid of it?

• 9 months later...

for now i edited message so it says "Sorry, unfortunately an error occured during the transaction. If your order contains Pre-order items please ignore this message." but still would like to know if there's a way to fix this

Where did you go to update the message? Is it in the backend or do I have to update a file? If it's a file can you tell me which and what directory? Thanks for helping out (super newbie here).

Cheers,

BB

• 5 months later...

No, it isn't a braintree issue.  I have the exact same problem with PayPal.  It is a prestashop issue, and it is so frustrating particularly because it is now quite clear that this has existed and BEEN IGNORED for over a year.

"The PayPal module you are using"... is the one P(o)S comes with. The fact that is the same identical error as a completely different module proves the error is coming from P(o)S. At least the language, but also the flawed logic because no matter the trigger... it isn't being handled by the core software.

Or you ripped off the PayPal module or vice versa

Actually, PS doesn't come with a Paypal module, and it hasn't since PS v1.4.  Those are modules that you have to install separately.

Now I assume you are using Paypal Europe, which is actually not even maintained or supported by Prestashop, for almost a year now.  So maybe, try reaching out to the actual author of the module.

Or you can just troll these forums bashing people trying to help you.  Either way, I'll move on now, good luck

Not sure why you'd assume Europe, but no.

Anyway, i don't care that I had to "install it myself", it is the module that comes with the distribution that I just click "install".  Blaming their own 3rd party module is pretty lame... but that's pretty much consistent with this whole platform.