Product images have been replaced with ? Marks

Please help. I initially downloaded ver 1.5 but upgraded to 1.6. All was fine except that secondary product images displayed ? Marks .....the default image was fine. I looked though forum help and so regenerated thumbnails. Now all product images have become ? Marks so the issue became worse! All images are in my back office.

I am still setting up the shop but had hoped to go live this week. I don't know what to try next.

Thank you

YOu could try if it helps if you regenerate your .htaccess file by going to preferences => SEO & URLs
Set friendly URLs to no and save, then set friendly URLs to yes and save. This will regenerate your .htaccess file.

If this doesn't help could you probably provide a link to see what the image path is?

Please help. I initially downloaded ver 1.5 but upgraded to 1.6. All was fine except that secondary product images displayed ? Marks .....the default image was fine. I looked though forum help and so regenerated thumbnails. Now all product images have become ? Marks so the issue became worse! All images are in my back office.

I am still setting up the shop but had hoped to go live this week. I don't know what to try next.

Thank you

make sure that imagetype that your theme uses is defined in preferences > images tab in back office.

Thank you for all the replies:

I have now updated to ver 1.6.06

I have recreated .htaccess file by clicking friendly urls off and then on again

I have used http://demo-bo.prestashop.com/demo to find the demo sizing and details for images and so amended my images in preferences/images

I then regenerated thumbnails

I am using default bootstrap theme

My product images are all still displaying in the fron office with a question mark instead of the image.

I am not sure how to find the image path and sent that as a link so that you can help me.  Please advise

Did you install PS 1.6.0.6? Because I experienced this with 1.6.0.5, but problem disappeared with 1.6.0.6.

YOu could try if it helps if you regenerate your .htaccess file by going to preferences => SEO & URLs

Set friendly URLs to no and save, then set friendly URLs to yes and save. This will regenerate your .htaccess file.

If this doesn't help could you probably provide a link to see what the image path is?

make sure that imagetype that your theme uses is defined in preferences > images tab in back office.

Thank you for all the replies:

I have now updated to ver 1.6.06

I have recreated .htaccess file by clicking friendly urls off and then on again

I have used http://demo-bo.prestashop.com/demo to find the demo sizing and details for images and so amended my images in preferences/images

I then regenerated thumbnails

I am using default bootstrap theme

My product images are all still displaying in the fron office with a question mark instead of the image.

I am not sure how to find the image path and sent that as a link so that you can help me.  Please advise

Do you have cache enabled? If so ... does it change anything if you disable cache?

Advanced parameters => performance

Cache is disabled

i just wanted to see if these pictures are enabled for products, are they?

I have taken a snapshop pic of the screen but don't know how to add it here?  all image types except m_scene, scene and categegory are enabled for products as per the demo details

This is still a problem.  Can someone help PLEASE! 

Is it possible that when I moved all files from a sub directory to the main root that some sort of linking broke?????

My original website is now off air and I need to get this one up!

This is still a problem.  Can someone help PLEASE! 

Is it possible that when I moved all files from a sub directory to the main root that some sort of linking broke?????

My original website is now off air and I need to get this one up!

i just wanted to see if these pictures are enabled for products, are they?

Please see image atached to previous post.  I need help pLEASE!!!

Hi,

I could definitly send you a link but:

- it does work on my preprod site

- it does work on mt computer at home

So path to images are good 

- I set up a vhost on my laptop to work out of  my place but then images are not found and links to products are wrng... I tried to regenerate htaccess but no changes, what else could I have forget ?

Could you provide a link to your site (to check the image path)? Did you use the legacy file system for images in prestashop 1.5?

Hi

Here is the link from when I right clicked on the image

I have also attached the image as displayed.

As I had only just downloaded v1.5 and begun to stat to set up the shop before upgrading to 1.6 I am sorry but i don't recall knowing whether the legacy file system was used.

post-791095-0-70720900-1399109312_thumb.jpg

post-791095-0-48659800-1399109327_thumb.jpg

Hi

Here is the link from when I right clicked on the image

I have also attached the image as displayed.

As I had only just downloaded v1.5 and begun to stat to set up the shop before upgrading to 1.6 I am sorry but i don't recall knowing whether the legacy file system was used.

Is the pathing correct?

If you look in your img folder on the server img/p/

How does the structure looks like? Do you have category subfolders and can you find the images referenced in your screenshot ?

The structure on the server  is

img/p/3/8/home_default.jpg   (when I view this it is the correct image)

In the front office when i right click on the image the link is shown as:

.co.uk/38-home_default/navy-chiffon-scarf.jpg

I hope I am getting nearer now to a solution????  thank you for your help so far

If I now disable Friendly urls then the images appear but of course I then do not have the functionality of the friendly urls.

What can i do now so that I can use friendly urls?????

We have the "?" mark images too. However we fixed the problem somehow.

I did enable the friendly URL and end up a mess in the file manager. wrong path...

We go preferences>SEO & URL>

under "set shop url", we add "www" in front of our domain name. and it works.

Hope it works for you.

The structure on the server  is

img/p/3/8/home_default.jpg   (when I view this it is the correct image)

Is there no number in the beginning of the file name home_default.jpg such as 9-home_default.jpg (or any other number)?

What are your other settings in the section "set up urls"

Changing the shop url by adding (or removing) www is certainly worth a try too.

Edited by prestamax (see edit history)

Is there no number in the beginning of the file name home_default.jpg such as 9-home_default.jpg (or any other number)?

What are your other settings in the section "set up urls"

Changing the shop url by adding (or removing) www is certainly worth a try too.

1.  If i right click on the image in the front office - ......co.uk/38-home_default/navy-chiffon-scarf.jpg

via file manager - /img/p/3/8/home_default.jpg  where the sub folders 3 and 8 correspond to the number as above.  If I view the image in file manager it is the correct image

2. other settings are as per attached link

3. the www. in the shop url was there so i tried removing it resulting in error " "page isn't redirecting properly" so I have re added the www.

So..........what next????!

post-791095-0-78628900-1399547978_thumb.jpg

1.  If i right click on the image in the front office - ......co.uk/38-home_default/navy-chiffon-scarf.jpg

via file manager - /img/p/3/8/home_default.jpg  where the sub folders 3 and 8 correspond to the number as above.  If I view the image in file manager it is the correct image

In my file manager the images would be /img/p/3/8/38-home_default.jpg

the prefix number seems to be missing in your image files

2014-05-09_0859.png

In my file manager the images would be /img/p/3/8/38-home_default.jpg

the prefix number seems to be missing in your image files

2014-05-09_0859.png

Hi I thought at first this was the solution but I have rechecked via my file manager and it looks like I mistyped earlier as the numbers are there ...........

The path when I right click on the image in the frontoffice is \38-home_default/navy-chiffon-scarf.jpg

Any more ideas?

post-791095-0-78450100-1399721151_thumb.gif

It looks like a problem with rewriting the image urls. To be sure that your .htaccess file is being regenerated I would delete (or rename) the current .htaccess file in the root directory and then try again to generate a new .htacces file by disabling friendly urls - save - and enabling friendly urls and save. Then you can be sure to have a brand new .htaccess file. Maybe worth a try ...

• Like 1

It looks like a problem with rewriting the image urls. To be sure that your .htaccess file is being regenerated I would delete (or rename) the current .htaccess file in the root directory and then try again to generate a new .htacces file by disabling friendly urls - save - and enabling friendly urls and save. Then you can be sure to have a brand new .htaccess file. Maybe worth a try ...

Yay!  SUCCESS! Thank YOU so much - this has worked.  I was pretty sure I had disabled/saved and then enabled and saved before but had never deleted or renamed the original .htaccess file.  I've learned a lot over the past couple of weeks!

I am thrilled that you have been able to help - thank you very, very, much

• Like 1

• 2 months later...