CMS Pages Not Saving

Whenever I edit an existing CMS page's content or try to add a new CMS page, it says "update successful" but it doesn't reflect any changes. If it's in an existing document, all the content stays the same as before I edited it and if its a blank new pages all the fields stay blank and it just says "saved as draft" despite filling in page name and content. 

Edited by nkassebaum (see edit history)

Hello  :)

That's really strange, because for us everything work. I edited a CMS page and refreshed just after, and the changes have been added. I really advise you to contact our support team here: +1-888-947-6543.

Please try again today and contact them if the problem is still here.

Have a nice day!

Yeah tried in Chrome, Safari and Firefox. Says "Update successful" but nothing happens

turn on error reporting

i bet that prestashop will spawn database error while you will try to save your cms page.

can you try it, please?

I wanted to chip in this conversation.

I've been following a lot of the conversations and bug track reports surrounding this issue. I am a programmer and have had to make manual edits in the database to change CMS items for my client.

I can confirm there are no reported errors, the page upon clicking "save" properly forwards the page inidicating saved. Firebug reports no issues, no javascript issues - in fact no DOM issues at all that are reported.

I've been through a few different files and have no logical explination as to why the CMS content totally refuses to be accepted. I have even tried just basic plain text with no wrappings or such which also failed.

When I edit defined.inc.php to show all errors as well as log , nothing is displayed or reported wrong.

The process fails somewhere between POST accept and actual DB write with an inidicated false "success" write to DB.

Beyond this I'm stuck in the same boat as the person in this thread.

Thought I'd give it a go also (prestashop 1.5.6.0) and same thing. No new CMS content although states saved.

All cache cleared (own browser, smarty cache via advaned parameters > Peformance). Still have error logs enabled and nothing has been captured. As far as "the system" is concerned, the data was saved.

I wanted to chip in this conversation.

I've been following a lot of the conversations and bug track reports surrounding this issue. I am a programmer and have had to make manual edits in the database to change CMS items for my client.

I can confirm there are no reported errors, the page upon clicking "save" properly forwards the page inidicating saved. Firebug reports no issues, no javascript issues - in fact no DOM issues at all that are reported.

I've been through a few different files and have no logical explination as to why the CMS content totally refuses to be accepted. I have even tried just basic plain text with no wrappings or such which also failed.

When I edit defined.inc.php to show all errors as well as log , nothing is displayed or reported wrong.

The process fails somewhere between POST accept and actual DB write with an inidicated false "success" write to DB.

Beyond this I'm stuck in the same boat as the person in this thread.

I'm about to do this because I have a client request that I haven't been able to put in for over a week. What part of the DB do I need to get into? I'm not a prestashop guy by any means, I usually work with wordpress. I'm sure some digging around I can find the correct DB but if someones able to tell me which DB has CMS pages in it that would be really helpful. 

No problem at all, if your content is already there then all the ID references in the database don't need altered or added too.

You can find your CMS content in  your database prefix (assuming  ps_)  would be in   "ps_cms_lang"

Here you will find your actual CMS content in text form. Remember the text is stored with formatting and to pay attention to closing tags etc or you may end up with a big mess.

I would highly suggest you either export the entire "ps_cms_lang"  table before trying or perform a backup of the store, which ever you find easier. At least you will have something to revert too if it goes wrong.

Personally I create a copy fo the "content" field > content (wierd to say lol)  and then make changes. If it goes wrong I just copy the "content" column content back into place.

I'll check that in a sec and no I'm not able to create new pages. It again gives me the success message but no new content appears after hitting save, as well as no page title, no settings changed, etc. 

ok, can you show structure of your ps_cms table, please?

Just to compare against his response (I run 3 prestashop stores for clients) all have the following structure with no change in var type or value types:

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `ps_cms` (
  `id_cms` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
  `id_shop` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '1',
  `id_cms_category` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL,
  `position` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  `active` tinyint(1) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  PRIMARY KEY (`id_cms`),
  KEY `id_cms_category` (`id_cms_category`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB  DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 AUTO_INCREMENT=15 ;

• 2 weeks later...

Any of the Prestashop staff got any further information on this?

I've used all the debuggers I can think of to try catch where the data loss is between "changes saved" and the actual SQL write itself. But without going through a fair bit of code relating to CMS I'm at a loss.

create there "indexation" field with specification: TINYINT(1) unsigned, default "1"

This works.  I see now comparing it too a dev server where I have a clean 1.5 install that the field is missing.

Then you must be aware that this key field in the CMS table is not created during upgrade. Without it CMS does not work and also I doubt average Jane/Joe will know how to go edit database tables.

As a test case:

- I edited an pre-existing CMS content page to check if changes appeared and could be removed -  passed

- I created a new CMS content page with test images, font styling and links - passed - displayed on site as I created.

- Tested deleting my new created CMS content - passed.

Edited by FaTedev (see edit history)

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Vekia, could you please tell me what's the script/phrase used to create that information? I'm not an SQL programmer, and don't know how to fix this right now. Also having this problem, out of the blue. Many weeks were fine, but now it just won't save, won't give any debug info, nothing.

EDIT: managed to find the syntax, the indexation table got created, but still no fix.

Problem: Information gets written inside DB, but won't refresh on webpage, even if I clear all cache.

Edited by Alex Nitu (see edit history)

• 1 year later...

Thanks Vekia.

It also worked for me: adding in the DB table ps_cms this two fields "id_shop" and "indexation". 

Adding only id_shop not worked so I added also de field indexation. 

No matters clear cache or other changes. SOLVED!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

okay

so go to ps_cms_lang and check if page you're trying to edit isn't duplicated there

btw. are you able to create new pages?

okay

so go to ps_cms_lang and check if page you're trying to edit isn't duplicated there

btw. are you able to create new pages?

Hi Vekia whenever I am saving a page it is getting duplicated in database but with empty enteritis check attached image any solution please  

post-411458-0-43009700-1489367129_thumb.jpg

it is not duplicated

you have 5 languages in your shop and you just not defined translations for contents / page title etc. for other languages

But I have enabled English only and also in Multistore feature CMS for one main shop are working for other shop it says page doesn't exist 

Check this thread here will able to understand my issue https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/598469-empty-cms-page-in-back-front-office-multi-shop-prestashop-16111/?do=findComment&comment=2521791  

Edited by lovemyseo (see edit history)

Good morning,

I'm having the exact same problem. I've tried on Firefox, Chrome, Vivaldi and Edge. Nothing seems to get anything done. I have two languages but i already tried with only one too. Saving products does nothing although it says "Settings Updated". I even tried copying putting different texts on my 2 languages. The only thing that reflectes changes is adding new pictures, besides that i can't change anything. Can you please assist me on this ?

Best Regards,

Diogo Ribeiro

PS: Forgot to add, checking the "ps_product_lang" table before and after hitting the save button results in no change.

Edited by diogoribeiro (see edit history)

• 4 years later...
On 5/13/2014 at 3:54 PM, vekia said:

create there "indexation" field with specification: TINYINT(1) unsigned, default "1"

Hi! I have the same issue, Prestashop 1.7. Checked the database and no such line. So I added it, like suggested. Instantly the pages gives a 500 Server Error. Deleting the same line didn't fix it. Where to go from here?

Edit: Got past the 500 Server Error, but the issue with the CMS pages remains. If I add the line, I can no longer open/edit the CMS pages from BO. If I delete the line, changes are not saved.

I can add new cms pages.

Edited by gaiuspahk (see edit history)