Pay Later Outstanding Feature in PS 1.6

Hi,

I have been testing my site and I cannot find the place where to enable the pay later option for B2B mode. I have set the options for # of days allowed and amount allowed but I still do not have an option for pay later when checking out. Am I missing something.

Thanks

Jason

Anyone using the pay later option? Does PS 1.6.0.6 even do this natively? I see various sections in the back office to suggest it does but I cannot get an option to display so that "pay later" is available during the checkout process??

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jason

Hi Nemo1,

Thank you for responding, I appreciate it. Basically we are creating a wholesale distribution site for automotive electronics and related items. Most of our clients are other businesses that sell to the public and some of them have payment terms like net 30, net 60 and net 90 days, meaning they will only pay their invoice at a much later date then the order date. 

I saw that when we create a customer there are two fields (how many days you would give the customer to pay and what their credit limit is) that would suggest that there is a Pay Later feature. I am just wondering how the customer would select this type of payment method. Unless those two fields are being used for something else??

Thank you

Jason

I have struggled to find information about the B2B part of prestashop - it seems to be shrouded in mystery. 

I don't know, but I guess you would advise your customers to checkout using the Bank Wire module (or any other off-line payment system) . You would then have to manually invoice them and take payment outside of the prestashop system. Again, I don't know, just guessing

I know, I too am finding it hard to find any info on this lol.

I don't mind doing the payments off Prestashop at a later date but the invoicing and "Payment Selection" should reflect the Pay Later option that the B2B is advertising. As it stands you have to ask the customer to select a Payment Method that is NOT Pay Later. I wholesale to other businesses and it looks a little unprofessional IMO.

Is there no way to have a Pay Later "Payment Method" that is shown only when the customer has both a credit limit and days to pay filled out in their profile??

Thanks

Jason

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

hey, I have found that if you set up the customer as b2b as you already have you then can go into the [Orders]...[statuses] section and configure the Awaiting cheque payment to allow the customer to view a copy invoice under the relative sections, in my case I allow paypal, bank wire, cheque or cash. Yo can also permit the delivery of goods even if you haven't received the funds.

within the [Customers]...[Customers] section I have found that the options:

Allowed outstanding amount

Maximum number of payment days

Risk Rating

are all just memorandum and don't appear to be used for any form of credit control.

I haven't been able to test this yet but I think the Maximum number of payment days triggers the customer on the report under [customers]...[outstanding] but seeing as I don't have any overdue accounts this is hard for me to confirm.

Hope this is helpful.

Matthew

Sublimex.co.uk

Quality Sublimation Products for Quality Sublimation Printers

• Like 1

search the forum for Universal Payment System.

And then create your own payment options. To separate them I sugest binding each payment option to it's own order status.

For example Invoice 30 Days, Invocie 60 Days and Invoice 90 days status is connected to 3 payment options with similar name.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I sort of found a solution for this one that works for my company.

I don't use the cash on delivery module so i decided that i would just edit the text in this module to create a new "Pay on Account" module.

I created a new order status saying "goods on account" and ticked the "Consider the associated order as validated". I had to do a bit of digging around to be able to get the module to change the status to this but its all fairly simple in the end.

I did this on 1.6.0.6

Then, i just invoice the orders on a different system to keep track of the customers credit properly. We have to invoice all the orders in a different system anyway so this wasn't a problem for us.

If you want to give it a try have a look at www.catering-equipment.co.uk and just put a dummy order through and you'll be able to see the option in my cart.

Edited by nachonat (see edit history)
  • Like 1