Mega menu Amazon-style

I am very new to PrestaShop, and completely new to the forum and looking for modules, so I might be asking in a wrong section, but:

I have been looking at hundreds of themes and hundreds of modules, and still not found anything that works like the Amazon menu:

A horizontal menu, that drops a vertical submenu, where each submenu leads to a mega-foldout. Another example of usage is houseoffraser.co.uk - where they actually use two menu points, each having a variety of selections and mega-foldouts.

Now, I have been able to find something similar for OpenCart and Magento, but nothing like it for PrestaShop. I have been able to find elements that are very close, though - like Leo-styleshop that has the functionality included, but just not built into the top line.

Am I a terrible googler, or does this simply not exist?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking for

1) Amazon style-on front page full height. On product pages-minimized to button-like - drop down on hoover, slide right on hoover.

2) I'm used to editor you get in templates-see attachement.

3) Also this menu, does not prevent regilar horizontal menu from being present.

4) The bonus part http://bjk5.com/post/44698559168/breaking-down-amazons-mega-dropdown

post-733147-0-15850300-1399284544_thumb.png

Edited by KonstantinDK (see edit history)

I was thinking about creating such a module.

Were you looking for something specific for the mega slideout part? Like a free html editor, or a simple set of links, with column options?

I was thinking about mega-slideouts in free HTML.

Of course, if you could feed in menu structure from the site, it would be nice, but in reality, I'd prefer to update manually, because there would always be parts of the menu structure you wanted to disable or lower-level products you'd want to upgrade in the menu.

I would want something responsive, meaning that hover should only open the menu on desktops and not on tablets (and that there should be some sort of system for mobile devices, but that has probably already been solved in the regular mega-dropdown-solutions).

Maybe all the words are less descriptive of what I am going after.

Being that we're a really broad company, selling many different things in many different categories, we are ending up with 3 main menus. Two of these main menus need 16 sub menus, each of which fold out in a (typically 3 column) fold out - which we need to control manually, since some subcategories here needs mentioning, some doesn't, and we still have limited space.

"Drawn" in Excel, I would want something like this. Except, of course, less excel-y

Megamenu_POC.png

Same principle with 2nd menu, which would then end up something like

Megamenu_POC2.png

This would pretty much have to be handheld in individual HTML-files, otherwise you'd end up with menus not using the available amount of space very well. But how these are to be hooked together, and how to make the menu work reasonably well on mobile devices too... Well, I'm open to suggestions :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

i have just developed a prestashop vertical mega menu, which on mouseover slide down 

its a full fledged prestashop module, working fine on prestashop 1.6 , i am modifying it so that its should keep open on homepage and hidden [slide out] on other page , for that i think i have create a custom hook, as the hookDisplayLeftColumnis below the the banner on homepage

pls see the image

vertical_menu1_zpsdcc60820.jpg

vertical_menu2_zpsc64d0380.jpg

Edited by rajlaskar (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hi rajlaskar,

That looks very close to what I was looking for, and a fair price too, so so far, I'm very happy

I do, however, have four questions for clarification:

1) Does it display menu structure or do I have the option to enter custom HTML?
(I'd very much like to make background-images, product links, and only display some of the 4th level menus, we have more than would fit) in two columns

2) Can I set the element to a fixed height? I'd like it to be...

3) Would the "Men" menu start at the same height as the "Woman" menu - because I would really like it to

4) How does this translate on a mobile device? Especially if it is HTML, I'd be concerned.

Anticipating your reply,

Jakob

Anticipating your reply,

Jakob

1) Does it display menu structure or do I have the option to enter custom HTML?
(I'd very much like to make background-images, product links, and only display some of the 4th level menus, we have more than would fit) in two columns

- menu generates from prestashop category, no custom HTML or text. I am planning to put parent category image as background of the right panel.

Scroll will comeup if the 3rd level category overflow the height of the right panel, similarly 4th level menu will also have scroll

2) Can I set the element to a fixed height? I'd like it to be... 
yes - but you have to do it in .css file of the module

3) Would the "Men" menu start at the same height as the "Woman" menu - because I would really like it to
-- yes all menu right panel starts at top, 

4) How does this translate on a mobile device? Especially if it is HTML, I'd be concerned.
 -- not yet looked into it, but i certainly want to make it responsive..

this module can be purchased from 

once purchased, all future updates will be free.

for customization please contact me, thank you

in new version - upgraded on 27th Nov - from module backend there are 3 ways to add menu items.

1. From category list - you can select all categories or you can select selective categories.

2. Select CMS pages link to add to the menu.

3. Any external link or product link, manufacturer link, any html pages etc can be added

Backend screenshots
backend_1_zpse7991ba7.jpg

backend_2_zps3437f50f.jpg

backend_3_zps326cb2d1.jpgbackend_4_zpsf380f2e1.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I would need a megamenu exactly like that of Amazon. I like it so much. It's full height, responsive, has images, fast and pulls from database.

Can you PLEASE help?

Thank you

in next release [which will be released on 15th June] i will add below features

1. Option for fixed user defined width or dynamic width for flyout panel

2. Option to add background Images on flyout panel

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have other variant of menu

1. Vertical Flyout menu - menu generates from prestashop category structure - its a dynamic menu

vertical_flyout_menu_zpse029001b.jpg

2. Horizontal Flyout menu - menu generates from prestashop category structure - its a dynamic menu

horizontal_flyout_menu_zps6ab3d660.jpg

3. Sliding Static menu - : Menu Width, height and content of  the menu is editable from module backend - its a static html menu, you can add any html code

static_content_menu_slide_menu_zps49ec3f

• 10 months later...