Add a "Pre-Order" button for out of stock products that are allowed to order?

How do add "Pre-Order" button  only for the products that out of stock and have option "Allow orders" selected. I cant enable "Allow ordering of out-of-stock products" for all products because i want to enable pre-orders only for selected items

hSmD4k0.jpgI managed to change button in product-list.tpl but i can't make it workt on the product page.

Prestashop 1.5.5, custom theme

Edited by fishordog (see edit history)

Tried and it changes button to Pre-Order but also changes buttons for products that in stock . Do i need to add one more if statement?

<!-- availability -->
            {assign var=non value=none1}
			<p id="availability_statut"{if ($product->quantity <= 0 && !$product->available_later && $allow_oosp) OR ($product->quantity > 0 && !$product->available_now) OR !$product->available_for_order OR $PS_CATALOG_MODE}      {assign var=non value=none} style="display: none;"{/if}>
				<span id="availability_label">{l s='Availability:'}</span>
				<span id="availability_value"{if $product->quantity <= 0} class="warning_inline"{/if}>
				{if $product->quantity <= 0}{if $allow_oosp}{$product->available_later}{else}{l s='This product is no longer in stock'}{/if}{else}{$product->available_now}{/if}</span></p>{if ($display_qties == 1 && !$PS_CATALOG_MODE && $product->available_for_order)}<p id="pQuantityAvailable"{if $product->quantity <= 0} style="display: none;"{/if}>
					<span id="availability_label" {if ($non!=none)} class="hidden"{/if}>{l s='Availability:'}</span>
                (<span id="quantityAvailable">{$product->quantity|intval}</span>
				<span  {if $product->quantity > 1} style="display: none;"{/if} id="quantityAvailableTxt">{l s='item in stock'}</span>
				<span   {if $product->quantity == 1} style="display: none;"{/if} id="quantityAvailableTxtMultiple">{l s='items in stock'}</span>)

</p>

{/if}

<p id="availability_date"{if ($product->quantity > 0) OR !$product->available_for_order OR $PS_CATALOG_MODE OR !isset($product->available_date) OR $product->available_date < $smarty.now|date_format:'%Y-%m-%d'} style="display: none;"{/if}>
				<span id="availability_date_label">{l s='Availability date:'}</span>
				<span id="availability_date_value">{dateFormat date=$product->available_date full=false}</span>
			</p>

<p class="warning_inline" id="last_quantities"{if ($product->quantity > $last_qties OR $product->quantity <= 0) OR $allow_oosp OR !$product->available_for_order OR $PS_CATALOG_MODE} style="display: none"{/if} >{l s='Warning: Last items in stock!'}</p>
		</div>

<div class="content_prices clearfix">
                          {if (!$allow_oosp && $product->quantity <= 0) OR !$product->available_for_order OR (isset($restricted_country_mode) AND $restricted_country_mode) OR $PS_CATALOG_MODE}
                <script type="text/javascript">
				$('#mailalertt:hidden').fadeIn(600);
				</script>
			{/if}
				<p id="add_to_cart"  {if (!$allow_oosp && $product->quantity <= 0) OR !$product->available_for_order OR (isset($restricted_country_mode) AND $restricted_country_mode) OR $PS_CATALOG_MODE}style="display:none"{/if} class="buttons_bottom_block">
					<input type="submit" name="Submit" value="{l s='Add to cart'}" class="exclusive" />
				</p>

products in stock? it's not possible, this code display pre-order when product is not in stock

perhaps you mean products that are allowed to order when they are out of stock ?

maybe i did it wrong. Which code part should i replace in my previous post?

products in stock? it's not possible, this code display pre-order when product is not in stock

perhaps you mean products that are allowed to order when they are out of stock ?

I have played around with code in product.tpl and made it work so

When product out of stock - it displays no button

When product out of stock and available for order - displays "Pre-Order" button

When product in stock - displays "Add to cart" button

just worried my edit can cause some issues, does it look fine?

<div class="content_prices clearfix">
                          {if (!$allow_oosp && $product->quantity <= 0) OR !$product->available_for_order OR (isset($restricted_country_mode) AND $restricted_country_mode) OR $PS_CATALOG_MODE}
                <script type="text/javascript">
				$('#mailalertt:hidden').fadeIn(600);
				</script>

{/if}
				<p id="add_to_cart"  {if ($product->quantity <= 0) OR !$product->available_for_order OR (isset($restricted_country_mode) AND $restricted_country_mode) OR $PS_CATALOG_MODE}style="display:none"{/if} class="buttons_bottom_block">
					<input type="submit" name="Submit" value="{l s='Add to cart'}" class="exclusive" />
				</p>
				<p id="add_to_cart"  {if (!$allow_oosp) OR !$product->available_for_order OR (isset($restricted_country_mode) AND $restricted_country_mode) OR $PS_CATALOG_MODE}style="display:none"{/if} class="buttons_bottom_block">
					<input type="submit" name="Submit" value="{l s='Pre-Order'}" class="exclusive" />
				</p>

• 9 months later...

How do add "Pre-Order" button  only for the products that out of stock and have option "Allow orders" selected. I cant enable "Allow ordering of out-of-stock products" for all products because i want to enable pre-orders only for selected items

hSmD4k0.jpgI managed to change button in product-list.tpl but i can't make it workt on the product page.

Prestashop 1.5.5, custom theme

How did you do this in product-list.tpl?

i cannot get the add to cart button to change to pre-order on 0 stock and allowed.

• 1 year later...

you can try with this:

{if $product->quantity > 0}
<span>{l s='Add to cart'}</span>
{else}
<span>{l s='Pre Order'}</span>
{/if}

Use this code instead of simple

<span>{l s='Add to cart'}</span>

Thank you vekia! Perfect solution to product page but unfortunately doesn't work with product-list.tpl.

If I change it there, all products will have Pre Order button. Not just the ones which are out of stock.

Using Prestashop 1.6.1.10

Edited by kamppa (see edit history)