Module or Module Customization Needed ASAP

Draygon

Below are the current needs.  Anyone considering can address one or all of the needs.  Serious, qualified and referenced individuals please.  Please contact me directly.  Solutions to solve any of the below mentioned items must be 100% and be able to complete the task in a very short time frame.  Thank you for looking and look forward to hearing from you.

The Situation:

1. Prestashop does not have, nor has it been found a module that can do freight API requests.  It's nearly the same as standard API requests that get sent to carriers like UPS, FedEx et cetera, just to a freight service/carrier.
  2. Prestashop does not allow for a difference in dimension for attributes (has impact on shipping)
  3. Prestashop has not accounted for single item weights over 150 lbs (thus no freight options).  150 lbs is important as this is the single item maximum established by UPS, FedEx Et cetera.
  4. Free shipping options lead to all carrier methods being free ( would you want your customer to choose overnight air and expect it to be free?) As all carriers show to be free. (Yes there is a module for $70 that allegedly overcomes this, I say allegedly as you cannot get a response from the developer or PS and PS has no advance info about the modules anyway, they say to contact the developer, and around we go....  Without direct answers from the developer, it is not possible to understand if this module will fall apart with Hybrid carts.  Hybrid being a cart containing single items over and under 150 lbs.
  5. Changing the free shipping in the "shipping" tab to $0, setting up your own carrier to establish free freight above the threshold you set, setting the weight parameters fails.  It does so as if you have a Hybrid cart (explained above) if your free shipping threshold is hit and you have items in the cart that are both above and below the 150 lb threshold, your free shipping shows, but so does you other carrier with quoted rates.  This leaves the customer thinking that they can pay for expedited shipping for the entire order for things that cannot be shipped via that carrier.  This happens no matter how you set up your products carrier or carrier settings.

The Need:

1. Freight API module
  2. Ability to add dimensions to product attributes
  3. A way or module to combat items 4 and 5 listed above.  Method or module MUST only show free shipping method set-up by the BO once it hits that threshold no matter if the cart is comprised of over and under 150 lb items.
  4. Method or module that if 3 above is not possible, that it is painfully clear to the customer and very visible that items over 150 lb will ship via freight and rates will be quoted separately and if carrier (i.e UPS) is shown that those prices are only for items that qualify.

There may be a bit more to it, but these are the basics.  I am calling out to all others who have faced the struggles for solid working input and information and to developers who have seen and know these issues do exist and have the talent to fix them.

Kind Regards,

Draygon 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I can do this kind of development. But I need more information and clear specifications.

I will be glad to work with you. Please PM me with contact details.

Thanks,

VV

• 3 months later...

In 1.6 is there any solution to include dimension with product attributes or values.   Fedex prices based on dimensional weight and my product comes in different sizes with different shipping costs depending on the size?  I have this working in the old 1.25 version but I don't remember if I had custom work to include that or if it was just how it worked back then.