Help About Theme

Hi all~

I m a newbie here and need some help about theme..i m using the default theme after install the prestashop .
i can say this is prestashop helped me a lot on developing my websites.

but i have a little problem here..about the theme, how could i edit my theme? using other software or firebug? can i edit the default theme to my desire theme model? Hope someone could help me at this..doesn't have good knowledge in Css.

By the way, How to install a flash into the Blank area below the search box and above the home text ?

thanks heaps ~

Patric is right n.n be careful the nex time, Now i'll help you

Its better if you coul post the link to you store, or an image.

there are alot of sites that offer free themes for presta, if you don't have knowledge on css is a bit hard that you can edit the default theme. Maybe if you ask for help in the Offer bids and prestations forum because what you need is a complete cutomization of the template.

but you can edit the images that are at theme/img/ with photo shop or something changing the color of them.

Good luck¡¡

Here is default theme for my webpage..

A bit simple and i removed some of the features to make simple..

above the picture at middle i would wish to add a flash at top of it to fill the blank spot..

and anyway to make the flash seenable at every tab? cause if i press one of the product the middle section will became product but the top is also blank :)

or how can i Move my (P) logo to the middle? and the search-bookmark column still at top and below was the logo and everything will start after the logo at for left right middle column?

sorry for my poor english..^^

need some aditional info any software free that can make a nice flash? hehe totally a newbie here..

thanks a lot !!

13727_rFeYNvTLJzpyhvXIrN8S_t

you have to create a new div layer above your logo and copy into it the code of the logo.

I strong recommmend you to search for another theme that let you to put your logo in another place than the default (do you speak spanish?) , as i said before, presta version 4 and 5 , incorporate a module that let you to upload flash

i hope this can help you

Btw i wanted to change my background to some of my picture. i searched the forum ( http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/26842/themes___graphics/change_background_on_deafault_prestashop_theme ) i did what he told..but seem like nth happen..anything wrong ?
i typed : background-image: url(/img/bg1.jpg); is it wrong coding..?

thanks in advance

I assume you like to put on the body ( background ), find body in globall css and paste

body {
   background: #E7EFF5 url('../img/bg_body.jpg') repeat-x 0 0;
   font-size: 75%;
   font-family:arial,verdana,tahoma,sans-serif;
   color: #666666;
}

you probably don't want to repeat just delete repeat or add repeat-y or repeat for a continuous image

Thanks for the post above now i could insert my background img .

Btw it only fits the homepage background..how can i make it to suit all pages in all size? because my category page was long, so the img i set was only suit my homepage background.when i move to category page of product the original white was show after the background img.
anyway to make the background fit to all pages ?

thanks in advance^^ thanks kennyh

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me how to make my Background picture Fit to all links like product page and home page?

Does they need a several background picture to make it to fit all the pages? How to check the size of the page ? ^^

Please help me anyone ^^ wanted to make my website look nicer..

Thanks in advance and sorry for grammar error and thanks for you time !!
Thanks prestashop !!

Help thanks^^