Managing PrestaShop via Filemaker Pro

We currently manage all of our products (>10,000 with >3100 online) and product categories (220) via a Filemaker Pro application with an ODBC interface to an OS Commerce database. It works very well and totally eliminates the need to use a non-volume oriented product interface or to rely on file imports/exports. We can manage 100% of our products, product categories, customers, etc. locally on our own in-house database system and then directly manage and interact with the OSC database without using any of the OSC admin tools. It's quite slick.

I have just begun an evaluation of PrestaShop and was wondering if anyone has any experience doing the same or similar thing; driving PrestaShop from an external database application, like Filemaker? I am NOT talking about doing exports/imports, I am only interested in direct ODBC database-to-database communications. I have already set up an ODBC link and can read and write the PrestaShop database from Filemaker Pro using the same structure as I do with the OSC package but to turn this into a usable package I need to understand a lot more about the PrestaShop database structure.

Are there good references on the PrestaShop database design and functionality? I am most interested in knowing what the fields in each of the tables are. How these fields operate and/or are expected to operate with each other.

I am sure that I can reverse engineer it, but it would be a lot better and less prone to error if I had some good documentation to go by.

Thanks,
Joe

• 1 year later...

Hi Nik,

I have a fully integrated Filemaker Pro front end and part of the back end completely operational and in production use. We have also implemented (under test) multiple Prestashop stores. We manage all categories, products, SEO things, images, etc. completely from FMP. Our FMP package is a lot more than just talking to Prestashop, it is our business operational world. The software contains full image processing for handling the funky way Prestashop handles images as well as linkage to Quick Books Pro.

The Filemaker based package we have is quite powerful but not ready for external use. I am completing the integration into multiple stores and also completing the shopping cart and order handling with Prestashop. I have the code partitioned into public code and private code sections so that we can hand out public pieces while maintain our IP in the private code sections.

Tell me more about yourself, your business, and what you might want to do with my software. You may send me a Private Message.

Regards,
Joe

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

We have a working solution for managing your Prestashop shops from Filemaker.

Functionalities like:

• Product management
  • Product combinations management
  • Price management
  • Stock management
  • Purchase management
  • Order management
  • Category management
  • Shop management

Please contact us by looking at our website: http://www.flooris.nl

It works from a Filemaker Server and communicates with the Store Manager Web API from which we run some PHP Workers to synchronize data between Prestashop and Filemaker.

Edited by f.kwakkenbos (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...