Relative or absolute links in blocktopmenu (non hardcoded) ?

PBo34

Hi,

I'm stuck on a problem since this morning, which seems very basic, yet I can't find the solution.

Google webmaster tools give me errors about some links which I have created in blocktopmenu to insert sales and best-sellers.

For instance, the page "prices drop" has its rewritten URL declared in SEO&URLS as "prices-drop".

In the blocktopmenu configuration, I have created a link that I put in the menu with the relative URL "prices-drop".

Now when you are navigating in a category, the URL is not found since "prices_drop" is put under the category URL.

I would like to give an absolute URL to specify that this is under the root of the site, of course without hardcoding the the domain. Is there a simple solution to this? What am I doing wrong?

When I try something like "{$link->getPageLink('prices-drop')}"; the expression is not interpreted and simply added to the local URL.

Thank you in advance.

For example on my testsite :

If I'm on the home page, I click (in French) Promotions , the requested URL is http://192.168.1.12/prestashop/fr/promotions, it's OK.

If I navigate into a category then into a product.

The URL is http://192.168.1.12/prestashop/fr/batteries-li-ion/27-batterie-berner-36v-li-ion-13-ah.html

In this page in click Promotions, the resulting URL is

http://192.168.1.12/prestashop/fr/batteries-li-ion/promotions resulting in a 404.

Since google gave me a warning for many 404 errors, I had to change those links for absolute links with domain hardcoded.

This is definitely a bad fix that will endlessly give me trouble everytime I download the prod on the test site or vice-versa.

I hope it's just a temporary bad fix and a good solution will be found soon, as this seems a trivial question.

The links for sales or best-sellers in the footer don't have this problem.

Edited by PBo34 (see edit history)

So should I understand that it has not been programmed properly from the start, to use the domain declared in SEO&URLs?

Is there a way to declare the link in blocktopmenu using the variable: eg. {$link->getPageLink('prices-drop')} ?

It would be a easy solution? Why is it not interpreted? I don't have the knowledge of how the software layers interact to understand why it is not interpreted?

• 1 month later...

If anybody has the same problem...  I just stumbled upon this idea today, tried it, and it does what it should do:

/meilleures-ventes

/best-sales

etc.

As I thought from the start, this is trivial.