Layered Navigation Indexing failed

oxygen

hi,

I hope someone could kindly help me.

I installed fresh 1.6.0.5 and successfully upgraded to 1.6.0.6 using 1-Click upgrade.

My Layered navigation block is v1.10.8.

I am using default-bootstrap theme.

However, I am unable to do indexing in Layered Navigation Module.

All four indexing buttons failed.

Price indexing failed

Attribute indexing failed

URL indexing failed

The Layered Navigation block appeared on left column.

When I select a price range, it keeps loading.

The browser console shows error 404 

shop/modules/blocklayered/blocklayered-ajax.php?id_category_layered=12&layered_price_slider=26_239&orderby=name&orderway=asc&n=12&_=1398144458238

I tried to clear cache and browser cache, uninstall and re-install the module without success.

I also checked the database table ps_layered_price_index, the price_min and price_max are correctly set for all my products.

My installation on local machine has no problem with layered navigation.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

regards.

Edited by oxygen (see edit history)

Just to update whoever is interested.

I uninstalled and deleted the blocklayered module and re-installed it.

It is working fine and so is the indexing.

The new problem is the Show All button (pagination).

Clicking Show All does not show all products.

I notice from the browser console, n is always 12.

shop/modules/blocklayered/blocklayered-ajax.php?id_category_layered=12&layered_price_slider=26_152&orderby=name&orderway=asc&n=12&_=1398214168977

Appreciate anyone could help.

Thank you.

regards,

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have same problem with the show all feature. There must be some conflict between the show n per page and show all functionality?

Any fixes yet? Prestashop 1.6.0.6

My friend. I searched a lot and there is no standar solutiion. The layered navigation create many problems. In order to avoid some of them (it is not sure) try to do the following steps. 1) Change file permissions as described above. 2) Update to the last block layered version (the module). Before update first disable the module. 3) clear the cashe of the system. Waiting for the results. Unfortunately 1.6 have a lot of problems yet. The only people that i found without problems are they that updated from 1.5 versions and not new istallations. Good luck and tell us the results.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Fast fix for indexing, this was my error code about not indexing urls & prices

XMLHttpRequest cannot load http://www.yourdomain.es/modules/blocklayered/blocklayered-price-indexer.ph…=b345005f08&full=1&ajax=1&cursor=0?token=b345005f08&full=1&ajax=1&cursor=0. No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'http://yourdomain.es' is therefore not allowed access. 

I was calling module URL in my backend without "www" like

yourdomain.es/admin1903/index.php?controller=AdminModules&token=3c236a6284c28b4014afbd39c2141310&configure=blocklayered&conf=12

So just add www in your browser like this:

www.yourdomain.es/admin1903/index.php?controller=AdminModules&token=3c236a6284c28b4014afbd39c2141310&configure=blocklayered&conf=12

And it will index nice.

My fix to layered module: 

After reindexing, my layered module still did not appear. I was receiving a 404 error.

I tried everything and it did not work. Finally I went to another Prestashop shop with an old version of this module working, I copied module folder, changed it on my new presta, activated and updated it and it worked. I got my layered navigation and all its other options working fine.

I hope it helps someone!

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Really THANKS!

This was for me finally the only working solution after 15 hours of work with testing, delete cache, uninstall, install, repair, etc etc etc(i think ive done every step 50 times, sometimes changing the order of solutions) ...in no case the indexation worked. So finally after the tip from genweb, uninstalled the module from the BO, i did go to FTP \modules\ and removed the folder blocklayered.

then i took the Original folder out of the prestashop installation, placed it in \modules\ with FTP.

In the BO i removed cache, then on the module list on layered navigation i first did repair, uninstall and then install again. then removed cache again, then open the layered navigation config and start index, it all worked out then. removed cache again and  Now everything is working fine!

Thanks all for the information on the web.

Hi Rodgerz, I did that and I have now the 1.10.1 instaled and no luck. Still cant index a thing... and now somehow i just noticed that the "sort by" funtion isnt working either, and I can only gues it´s all due to the reindexation failure. The only step you mention above I couldnt do, was the "repair" thing... what is that? it is not in the options when on the list page. How you do that?

Thanks !!

post-747526-0-99475500-1413477356_thumb.png

Sorry i forgot to mention that after placing the Original backlayered folder, i updated the module first to the latest in the module list! (i hitted the button check for module updates on top)

In the attachement you see the screenshot of the repair function (in dutch "HERSTELLEN")

the options are:

configureer --> configure

uitschakelen -->switch off

uitschakelen mobiel--> switch off on mobile

uitschakelen tablets--> switch off on tablet

uitschakelen op computers--> switch of on computer

herstellen--> repair

de-installeren --> uninstall

markeer als favoriet --> mark als favorit

the problems on the site are almost always the result of the module blocklayered. If indexing failed or has errors, the whole site gets problems. (last year i had troubles for over weeks with this module in a website that i was building for a company. after replacing an backup folder, the option worked, but really slow en with some errors, some products are in the system but never came out the filter if i was using it) then i bought the really expensive Advanced Search 4 module. This worked really nice, after finding out the options. So i used blocklayered only for showing items on the screen with 1 category depth, en used the filtersystem of advanced search 4 . for product filtering.

now i was sick of the system that runs now for a year. and sometimes still buggy, i builded up a new prestashop 1.6 from scratch for the company. worked great (incl 14000 products) till 3 days ago. I changed something in the filter template, then all hell break lose. no indexation, no filters, no nothing.

I hoped the blocklayered errors were gone, but the truth was, that it still gives errors. after 1 day of putting all my presta knowledge on this error. it still didnt work.

So i was glad that i found this solution here, and it worked! i downloaded the presta installation, took the folder out of the modules folder, and placed this clean (never used) folder on the ftp in the modules folder. clean cache, go to modules list, check updates, update module, clean cache, repair,uninstall,install,clean cache, then hit the button index all missing prices! after that attrib index, after that the url index. voila, make a filtertemplate (maybe just hit al categories en the price attrib), then place the module to its correct position in the site. and everything must work then. and the best thing, the site is much more faster right now after this! probably because the index is now correct.

and dont forget to hit the button save everytime you change something in that module!!

ps. i have prestashop 1.6.0.9

edit

extra info, before all this i placed all performance options OFF!!! NO CCC etc etc... this in case off something/cache is hanging in that .

Edited by rodgerz (see edit history)

Hi Rodgerz, I did that and I have now the 1.10.1 instaled and no luck. Still cant index a thing... and now somehow i just noticed that the "sort by" funtion isnt working either, and I can only gues it´s all due to the reindexation failure. The only step you mention above I couldnt do, was the "repair" thing... what is that? it is not in the options when on the list page. How you do that?

Thanks !!

TinoCas. Try login to your admin with and or without the www. in your domain and try indexing. This worked for me. Also the "repair" thing is a module you need to install. Its called PrestaShop Cleaner.  

• Like 1

Hi guys, thank you all.. I appreciate it.

I tried all fixes above and a still nothing on the front end. The funny thing is that when I check directly on the db, all tables named "ps_layered_...", are perfectly filled til the last product!!! All  seems to be alright!!

Actually it always comes up the message in green saying the indexation is successful, but at the same time the little blue warning "reindexation recommended" doesnt go away.

I attached a pic of Front and Back end, so you can see what I mean. This is really frustrating. Also, because the "Sort by" function doesnt work either, so I have no filters at all... even when I uninstall the "layered navigation" module!!  It seems to be affected by the same bleeding thing...

Thanks to you all again lads!!

post-785920-0-73705700-1413554945_thumb.png

post-785920-0-08434200-1413554947_thumb.png

Edited by TinoCas (see edit history)

"Actually it always comes up the message in green saying the indexation is successful, but at the same time the little blue warning "reindexation recommended" doesnt go away."

In my shop i Always see the message (blue warning) for nightly rebuild the index. This is more the advise, because it is a long process if you have a lot of products! And you dont want to do that live!

Maybe the most important thing, Use Firefox or chrome! Ieplorer had never worked well with presta! Always time-outs, some parts doesnt show in the backend.

Since i use Firefox, the BO is running the best! If you index in iexplorer, changes are 90% that it will break the process or gives errors!

Edited by rodgerz (see edit history)

TinoCas. Try login to your admin with and or without the www. in your domain and try indexing. This worked for me. Also the "repair" thing is a module you need to install. Its called PrestaShop Cleaner.  

I dont have this module installed! and i can repair modules!

So its not the module!

• Like 1