Please help me with making my store better!

My site is EASOffroad.com I have never built a website before and am learning as I go.  I still can't get the FedEx module to work right, I can't seem to find a place to upload video.  We changed our logo since the first build, but can't seem to replace the main page title text on the homepage even though when I go to the editor, it's right.  I think it has something to do with the theme.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Any tips are greatly appreciated as long as they are in layman's terms. 

I like the graphics at the top of the page and colours match the product but perhaps a too much black. Maybe have a large image of one of the vehicles as a background but in black & white.

I think a slide show at the top would help showcase some of your products.

The Tervis image on the right column is not aligned correctly.

I would change the fonts in the description area I find them a little bit difficult to read.

Cheers

There are several free image sliders available on the forum. Here's a link to a list that Vekia has created -

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/233442-free-modules-list-only-valuable-and-proven-solutions-31032014/

For changing the background you could try this free module - 

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/286968-background-switcher-free/

Hope that helps.

I'm running PS 1.4.11 and some of these modules are for 1.5+, but when I go to upgrade it tells me I'm running the latest update....??? Dear God I wish I had a brain cell for this stuff!! Or the money to hire someone with a brain cell for this stuff...

updates are available but not for your prestashop version. prestashop 1.4.11 is a bit outdated now and all upgrades today (in most of cases) aren't compatibile with your ps.

updates are available but not for your prestashop version. prestashop 1.4.11 is a bit outdated now and all upgrades today (in most of cases) aren't compatibile with your ps.

Are you trying to upgrade your shop to 1.5 if so here's a useful link - 

http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS15/Updating+PrestaShop

When i click on the instructions, it says I need to do a manual backup, but then goes on to say to make sure you have a clue what you are doing or it could be dangerous.  Where would I find someone to help me since obviously i don't have a clue!?

You need to make a backup of your shop and database before the upgrade.

Copy your shop from the server to your PC using FTP which you must have used to upload the Prestashop files. Then in the shops back office under Advanced Parameters go to backup database and make a backup. You can then upgrade your shop.

Should it go wrong you can upload your backup files and database.