Payment module error as guest payment

Ziya

Hello everyone, 

I am stuck at a problem. I have a payment module. if user logged in and making payment then everything works fine. But if we try as guest it is not working .

I am talking about validation code of my module. 

if ($this->context->cart->id_customer  ==0 ) ..

Tools::redirectLink(orderpage);

$this->context->cart->id_customer  =0 

and that is why payment process being cancelled always. it redirects me order detail page

I don't how and where to register cart->id_customer information, or how to fill cart info for context ?

is possible to make payment as a guest , except cashondelivery

I am paying with cashondelivery it works fine, and just right after that , if I try to make payment with module it works fine also. It seems cashondelivery creates a temp user for guest and my module can use it.

I dont know if user information is stored on cookie or somewhere else ?

Please help me to understand how stuff works here 

Thank you in advance 

Edited by Ziya (see edit history)

the only real difference between a customer and a guest is a password.  i would suspect that the module is just buggy and is performing a check to ensure a valid customer exists

if you would like guests to use this module, then remove that code and just validate that it is either a customer or a guest.

when checking validate.php of cashondelivery there is same control if customer exists

if ($this->context->cart->id_customer  ==0 ) ..

but when trying to [pay with cash on delivery , the value of $this->context->cart->id_customer is different than 0, I wonder where that value had been changed ? 

as I understand , the module cashondelivery is registering a guest as a temp user, but how ?

Edited by Ziya (see edit history)