[SOLVED] Translation tool problem (update doesn’t work)!

Hello :-P

When i try to translate something in admin section with translation tool and when i press the update translation button, nothing happens. It doesn't save what i just entered into a field.

Why is that, where is the problem?

Thank you,
Housy

• 3 weeks later...

Are you sure you set the permission for the language directories properly?
If Prestashop can't write to the local files, the changes won't be saved.

See if you can translate something that is saved in the Database (like product name or description)

You mean directories inside translation map? English, French an my language (Slovenian) they all have 755 permissions, should i set all that to 777 or what exactly should i do?

Thank you,
Housy

Different hosts require different permissions, try setting /themes/prestashop/lang (including the files) to 777 and see if it works.

You mean directories inside translation map? English, French an my language (Slovenian) they all have 755 permissions, should i set all that to 777 or what exactly should i do?

Thank you,
Housy

Different hosts require different permissions, try setting /themes/prestashop/lang (including the files) to 777 and see if it works.

I tryed to chmod lang directory to 777, including all files within lang directory, but still, when i change some words with translation tool and then i press the update button and again almost all fields are blank.

I also tryed to chmod translations directory, including all subdirectories and files to 777 but still no result.

This problem is killing me, it's really annoying, i have no idea where is the problem.

Housy

RESOLVED!!!

Error in log Apache: ALERT – configured POST variable limit exceeded – dropped variable.

Answer: find suhosin.ini (according to system - I got it /etc/php5/conf.d/suhosin.ini and change the values.

suhosin.request.max_vars 200
suhosin.post_vars 200

to (eg.):
suhosin.request.max_vars 3000
suhosin.post_vars 3000

Hello to all,

my solution for this problems - when translations don't stick is as follows:

- Like was mentioned in one other post it's problem with Suhosin module, which doesn't allow to post enough variables in one form
- In new file called php.ini you must write this two lines and put php.ini in yoursite/prestashop/admin directory:

suhosin.request.max_vars = 2048
suhosin.post.max_vars = 2048

And that should fix problems with translations not sticking/update not working.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

I got exact the same problem, but i can't revolve the problem. Hope someone can help me asap :-/

The following is now the config on our server:
php_admin_value suhosin.post.max_vars 3000
php_admin_value suhosin.request.max_vars 3000
php_admin_value suhosin.post.max_array_depth 3000
php_admin_value suhosin.post.max_array_index_length 3000

I have also tried to put the php.ini file on the admin directory, but this is not working.

Are there maybe a Suhosin restriction somewhere in the system which can adjust? I am looking forward to hearing from you.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...