Categories are moved out of home category

I just downloaded 1.6. All of my categories are under correctly under the main HOME category.

The strangest thing happened when I made a change in a category description. When I clicked save, it moved the whole category out of the home section and put it directly under the root. I thought I must have made some kind of error so I moved onto the next category to edit again. I was very careful not to change the location but when I clicked save, it then moved it under the root.

How do I put these categories back under the home section? Since this is the main root, I'm unable to choose a location when I click edit.

Please help!

• Like 1

Actually it should be possible to switch the category's parent from each individual category information page. Don't you have the tree-like box?

In any case, I admin I've seen happening the same thing on a blank 1.5.6.2 recently, and didn't find any solution.

• 2 weeks later...

Same issue here.  My category structure was as below all main categories, no Home:

Street Bikes

Cruiser

Dirt Bike

Adventure

Supermoto

I have  been updating categories without problems but suddenly I updated my category "Street Bikes" and now I can't hit the category in the site, I get 404 not found.  Also in BO my categories are changed as below:

Home

>> And under Home all my other main categories  Cruiser, Dirt Bike, Adventure, Supermoto

Street Bikes

If I try to Edit these, I don't get the option for Parent category.

Edited by dformica (see edit history)

Guys, this is a major issue!

I'm having exactly the same problem.

I'm running 1.5.6.2 (due to waiting for my theme to be updated to run on 1.6).

As soon as I make adjustments to a category, for example I'm adding a picture to the category. It moves the whole category from home to root and there is no way of moving it back again. This then stops my menu links from working and you can no longer open the category from the website. It just returns 'This Page Is No Longer Available'

A resolution is urgently needed for this one. Its not a small issue!

• Like 1

Looking at the table ps_category_group, it doesn't seem that the id_category and id_group assignment of the category that moved away looks any different from the other categories.  I can't tell where the mess up occurred in the database....

Same issue with me in 1.6.0.6.

I made a description edit to a category that has a load of subcategories and it was moved out of home into root, with no way of reversing it.

I also noticed it changed the friendly URL without any confirmation.

I've wasted half a day trying to work out what was happening and came across this topic.

This is definitely an urgent bug that needs to be fixed quickly.

Just a mention that I tried making a new category as suggested above, but that didn't work.

Visted the bug report in Forge and it's listed as a minor bug and has been flagged as solved.

However I found useful information there but it's lost in translation.

I opened the DB in PHPMyAdmin and looked at ps_category

The home category fields show as: id_category "1" and  id_parent "48"

I looked for the number of the category I have the issue with and it was also showing id_parent "48"

Most the other category numbers showed id_parent "1"

So now knowing that id_parent "48" is root and id_parent "1" is home I changed the rogue category to id_parent "1".

The category now appears back in home....

..but as soon as I try to make any changes it is moved back to root!

Edited by deepee (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Yes, I have given up too.

Funny thing is, with me it is only one category (28) that behaves this way, but it's also my most productive category with many subcategories.

Thought it may have been because there are no products in this category, only subcategories.

Tried adding a couple of products to check if that would have an effect but as soon as I made a minor text edit, it was moved to root category again.

I can make a new category with the same name and move all the subcategories into it but it's not really a solution.

The other big category issue is the overwriting of existing category images with the category description text, following an upgrade and no way to correct this.

According to the developer it's a 'Feature'!

It means I have to use new category images for every category on my sites. Hours of extra work for anyone upgrading from previous versions!

I think this will gain momentum when more people who have upgraded without being aware of the issue, have need to edit a category.

Edited by deepee (see edit history)

Hi,

Same problem to me after update from 1.5.4.1 to 1.5.6.2.

Temporary solution to move category in database, but have same problem again after editing categories.

Big problem for a stable version...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't select the parent category as there still was no category tree.

I didn't notice any difference from before I commented out the code.

Anybody else monitoring this topic tried it?

It didn't work for me either. 

When I try to update my category that was moved by this bug outside from Home doesn't show the parent category tree so I have no way of putting it back under Home.

I hit Ctr+F5 to make sure that there wasn't anything cached. Still no go.

• 2 weeks later...
hi,

same issue here , after upgrading from 1.5 to 1.6, multistore environment , any new category entered to an existing store got entered entered under root category,

I have fixed the issue following this post

inserted a new records in "ps_category_shop" table  as 1 - shop id - 1

Hi everyone,

I updated the following bug report :

http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCSX-2050

If some of you could provide me with their shop access, in order to check what's going on.

I tried several different configuration to try to reproduce this bug with no luck, that's why i'll need to check directly on a shop that has this issue.

Thanks.

Best regards,

I don't remember where I found the solution, by the way I solved the problem modifying:

adminXXXX/themes/default/template/controllers/products/association.tpl

at line 34, modified this:

{include file="controllers/products/multishop/checkbox.tpl" field="associated-categories-tree" type="category_box"}

into this:

{include file="controllers/products/multishop/checkbox.tpl" field="category_box" type="category_box"}

Now it works.

"As a side note, I don't know if it's in some way related to this issue, but, on a multishop installation, in the product association page I was unable to see the complete category three for one shop. I discovered that on ps_category table in my DB, all the non-showed category where associated to the wrong id_shop while they were correctly associated to the right shop in ps_category_shop. This allowed the shop to work correctly on front end while showing problem in BO (even if in the category page in BO the categories were shown correctly). All this happened after a 1-click upgrade from 1.5.6.1 to 1.6.0.6."

EDIT: That's a different issue, I'm going to open a separate thread. Sorry.

Edited by vansrv7 (see edit history)

Just been hit by this problem, exactly as described by OP. I was trying to reorganise a shop after an upgrade and to begin with just added some description to a category that had sub categories and bam it was gone. 404 on the website and then i found it on root beside home with no way to get it back. I will not bother editing directly in database as i need to edit other categories and add descriptions etc. I agree this is no minor bug but a major one with a stable release

I upgraded from 1.5.4.1 to 1.6.0.1 (or latest release as of 4 days ago whatever that was, using one-click update module. Not sure if this will be helpful info)

I can offer access to dev if required

Dave

update: the fix detailed by Thibaud in the reply above is already integrated into the version i upgraded too and i still experience this bug (any many others but thats for another thread!)

Edited by headscarvesbyciara (see edit history)

Hi vansrv7,

This bug fix as been merged to prestashop:

http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCSX-2070

Here's the fix itself :

https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/commit/69e903ed8e3156f704a04609145d7e5520445992

Can anybody test to add this fix to their shop and check if it resolve the issue ?

Thanks.

Best regards,

This did not fix the issue

Didn't work for me either.

Cleared Smarty a couple of times to make sure but still no category tree appearing for the category that has been wrongly moved to root.

I should also mention I'm not running multistore.

Hi All

I did a new trial upgrade to 1.6.0.7 today.

Unfortunately the issue is still there.

I checked associations.tpl and it contains the recent code fixes, so that definitely hasn't worked.

I checked the category I'm having issues with right after the upgrade.

The category tree box was visible and the category was nested correctly in the Home category.

I made one simple edit to the category description by deleting a full stop.

That was all it took to send it to root. The category tree box has also disappeared.

I made full backups directly after the upgrade so I can easily get back to that state.

I restored only the database without changing anything else and the category is back where it should be.

Thibaud, I can restore it to the point it was at after the upgrade if you want a look at it and PM you with access details.

I've been a little hesitant as the test site is a subdomain of a live production site I'm trying to upgrade.

Cheers

deepee

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

Thanks for these feedback. We are still investigating on this issue. I'll keep in touch with you during this process for you to know how this process evolves.

Best regards,

Hi Thibaud

I'm confused!

I gave you access to our back office last Friday so you could see this issue for yourself.

I now see the two bug reports relating to this issue in Forge have been closed with: "Resolution: Cannot Reproduce"

http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCSX-1360

Were you unable to witness the issue happening on our shop?

Regards

deepee

Hi Thibaud

I'm confused!

I gave you access to our back office last Friday so you could see this issue for yourself.

I now see the two bug reports relating to this issue in Forge have been closed with: "Resolution: Cannot Reproduce"

http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCSX-1360

Were you unable to witness the issue happening on our shop?

Regards

deepee

Hi deepee,

I re-opened them. Thanks for pointing that out :)

Best regards,

Hi All

I missed Ron Marales earlier reply to this topic and had a look at the values in the "ps_category" table again.

In the "is_root _category" field my problem category had a value of "1"

The only other category with a value of "1" is "home"

When I looked at the problem category in the back office it was still showing in "home".

When I go into edit,  the category tree is is still visible.

However when I now edit any text, it's moved to "root" and the category tree has disapperared.

When I changed the value of "is_root_category" to "0" it moved back to "home".

All seemed good then I tried it again.

This time it got stuck in root and wouldn't move back when I switched the field values.

Then I noticed that the "id_parent" field value was showing as "48" which is assigned to "root"

Changed it back to "1" which is assigned to "home".

It now moved back to "home" and was editable and showed the category tree box again.

I had been through this in a previous post I made in this topic but I must have missed that the value of "id_parent" was also being changed.

There must be an error in the code under certain conditions when a category text edit is saved, and the values of "id_root_category" and "id_parent" are written to the database.

So to recap, check the "ps_category" table and make sure that both "id_parent" is not "48" and "id_root_category" is not "1"

Cheers

deepee

Hi All

I missed Ron Marales earlier reply to this topic and had a look at the values in the "ps_category" table again.

When I looked at the problem category in the back office it was still showing in "home".

However when I now edit any text, it's moved to "root" and the category tree has disapperared.

This time it got stuck in root and wouldn't move back when I switched the field values.

Then I noticed that the "id_parent" field value was showing as "48" which is assigned to "root"

It now moved back to "home" and was editable and showed the category tree box again.

I had been through this in a previous post I made in this topic but I must have missed that the value of "id_parent" was also being changed.

There must be an error in the code under certain conditions when a category text edit is saved, and the values of "id_root_category" and "id_parent" are written to the database.

So to recap, check the "ps_category" table and make sure that both "id_parent" is not "48" and "id_root_category" is not "1"

Cheers

deepee

Look this image

I was the one that originally posted this question. Mine was an upgrade from 1.5 to the new 1.6 and not a multi-store. I ended up paying for Prestashop's service plan and they fixed it right away. I wish I could tell you what the fix was, I only know that they were able to fix it right away and it has not re-appeared.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys! Yesterday I faced the same problem.

It seems the problem appears after you changed the Home category from category with ID #1 to any other.

Later, when you edit some subcategory it tries to assign itself to the category #1 which no longer exist in your shop. Probably this caused the problem.

Solution:

1) Check what ID is your home category (Prestashop backend). fstU.png

2) As @PrestaShop Apprentice noted above go to the PhpMyAdmin, choose ps_category table, find lines corresponding to the "wrong categories" and set id_parent to your true Home category ID (e.q. 2). See this image.

3) Set is_root_category to 0 (zero) to all categories except you current Home category (Home category should have value 1).

Edited by Lufa (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I can bring back my category to home that had moved to root by updating the "id_parent" to that of root (1) in the "ps_category" table.

But when I go to the Front Office and click on any sub menu item under that category, I get 404 not found page.    How to bring those pages back please?

Thanks!

I can bring back my category to home that had moved to root by updating the "id_parent" to that of root (1) in the "ps_category" table.

But when I go to the Front Office and click on any sub menu item under that category, I get 404 not found page.    How to bring those pages back please?

Thanks!

As far as I can tell there is no way to bring them back.  I see all associations related to the category that was moved are all wiped out which in my case they are 100s.  This bug really played a number on me.  I'll have to stay with 1.5 for awhile until I get around updating all of these records.

Finally, testing around with categories on my development site ( 1.6.0.8 ).  After editing one of my categories, it moved out of home under root.  This bug hasn't been fixed.  Starting to feel hopeless with this 1.6 version.

Hi All

Cheers

deepee

I checked this test site again after a break. Unfortunately the issue had returned.

However, I think I've found a workaround.

I am upgrading from 1.5.6.2 to 1.6.0.8

I checked the database tables in the 1.5.6.2 production site (as above) and found that my problem category's value in "is_root_category" was 1 when it should be 0.

In my 1.5.6.2 site this does not cause any problems so I never noticed it before.

The problem arose when I upgraded.

I changed the category field values before running 1-click upgrade.

After the upgrade I was able to edit the problem category description, change it's ordered position etc. without experiencing any issues.

It seems that the bug has something to do with wrong values being inhereted from the version that is being upgraded. Editing the database within 1.6.0.8 seemed to work but after a while it reverted for some reason.

So check that your "ps_category" tables are correct before upgrading and hopefully it will work for you.

Cheers

deepee

I checked this test site again after a break. Unfortunately the issue had returned.

However, I think I've found a workaround.

I am upgrading from 1.5.6.2 to 1.6.0.8

I checked the database tables in the 1.5.6.2 production site (as above) and found that my problem category's value in "is_root_category" was 1 when it should be 0.

In my 1.5.6.2 site this does not cause any problems so I never noticed it before.

The problem arose when I upgraded.

I changed the category field values before running 1-click upgrade.

After the upgrade I was able to edit the problem category description, change it's ordered position etc. without experiencing any issues.

It seems that the bug has something to do with wrong values being inhereted from the version that is being upgraded. Editing the database within 1.6.0.8 seemed to work but after a while it reverted for some reason.

So check that your "ps_category" tables are correct before upgrading and hopefully it will work for you.

Cheers

deepee

I also decided to come back to this after a brake.  In my case I had upgraded from 1.5.6.0 to 1.6.0.8

My categories were all fine until I updated it via BO, the one category moved from home to root.  Checking my ps_category table, the problem category had id_parent = 1 (which is root) instead of 2 which is home, changing that in the database brings it back to home but anytime I update the category in BO it goes back out to root.

In my case is_root_category should be 1 because this is a category displayed as a main menu item in my site.  It's 1 in both my 1.5.6.0 and my development site 1.6.0.8 no changes there. 

The biggest problem now is that all products that had association to my problem category are not associated to it anymore and all sub-categories links under the problem category are no longer valid. 

Forge registered related bug:

http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCSX-1360 (open)

http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCSX-2050 (closed)

Hi,

I have a problem with the category on Home Page.

The category in left column shows as a list.

All Main Category and Sub Category as an identical list.

http://www.romfordgifts.co.uk/

I would like the Sub Category to be identified under main category as shown on the category on product page

http://www.romfordgi...-figures-medium

Would apprecaiate any help available.

thanks

Kanti

Thanks but the last three posts could are not directly related to this topic.

The issue here is that in BO, you update a category that is under Home and it automatically gets moved out under Root.  Then 1) no way to move it back other than manipulating the database and 2) On the Front end, All links of the subcategories under that category that were listed in the top navigation become invalid.

Hi I have finally fixed this issue on my site, which is 1.06.09 upgraded from 1.52.

I first manually changed in ps_category > id_parent the incorrect categories to number 2 which is my home category 

Secondly I uploaded the new category.php file that can be found here.

Prestashop 1.6PSCSX-1360

Categories are defined as root after edit

Below is the code for category.php

<?php
/*
* 2007-2014 PrestaShop
* NOTICE OF LICENSE
* This source file is subject to the Open Software License (OSL 3.0)
* that is bundled with this package in the file LICENSE.txt.
* It is also available through the world-wide-web at this URL:
* http://opensource.org/licenses/osl-3.0.php
* If you did not receive a copy of the license and are unable to
* obtain it through the world-wide-web, please send an email
* to [email protected] so we can send you a copy immediately.
* DISCLAIMER
* Do not edit or add to this file if you wish to upgrade PrestaShop to newer
* versions in the future. If you wish to customize PrestaShop for your
* needs please refer to http://www.prestashop.com for more information.
* @author PrestaShop SA <[email protected]>
* @copyright 2007-2014 PrestaShop SA
* @license http://opensource.org/licenses/osl-3.0.php Open Software License (OSL 3.0)
* International Registered Trademark & Property of PrestaShop SA
*/

class CategoryCore extends ObjectModel
{
public $id;

/** @var integer category ID */
public $id_category;

/** @var string Name */
public $name;

/** @var boolean Status for display */
public $active = 1;

/** @var integer category position */
public $position;

/** @var string Description */
public $description;

/** @var integer Parent category ID */
public $id_parent;

/** @var integer default Category id */
public $id_category_default;

/** @var integer Parents number */
public $level_depth;

/** @var integer Nested tree model "left" value */
public $nleft;

/** @var integer Nested tree model "right" value */
public $nright;

/** @var string string used in rewrited URL */
public $link_rewrite;

/** @var string Meta title */
public $meta_title;

/** @var string Meta keywords */
public $meta_keywords;

/** @var string Meta description */
public $meta_description;

/** @var string Object creation date */
public $date_add;

/** @var string Object last modification date */
public $date_upd;

/** @var boolean is Category Root */
public $is_root_category;

/** @var integer */
public $id_shop_default;

public $groupBox;

protected static $_links = array();

/**
* @see ObjectModel::$definition
*/
public static $definition = array(
'table' => 'category',
'primary' => 'id_category',
'multilang' => true,
'multilang_shop' => true,
'fields' => array(
'nleft' => array('type' => self::TYPE_INT, 'validate' => 'isUnsignedInt'),
'nright' => array('type' => self::TYPE_INT, 'validate' => 'isUnsignedInt'),
'level_depth' => array('type' => self::TYPE_INT, 'validate' => 'isUnsignedInt'),
'active' => array('type' => self::TYPE_BOOL, 'validate' => 'isBool', 'required' => true),
'id_parent' => array('type' => self::TYPE_INT, 'validate' => 'isUnsignedInt'),
'id_shop_default' => array('type' => self::TYPE_INT, 'validate' => 'isUnsignedId'),
'is_root_category' => array('type' => self::TYPE_BOOL, 'validate' => 'isBool'),
'position' => array('type' => self::TYPE_INT),
'date_add' => array('type' => self::TYPE_DATE, 'validate' => 'isDate'),
'date_upd' => array('type' => self::TYPE_DATE, 'validate' => 'isDate'),
// Lang fields
'name' => array('type' => self::TYPE_STRING, 'lang' => true, 'validate' => 'isCatalogName', 'required' => true, 'size' => 128),
'link_rewrite' => array('type' => self::TYPE_STRING, 'lang' => true, 'validate' => 'isLinkRewrite', 'required' => true, 'size' => 128),
'description' => array('type' => self::TYPE_HTML, 'lang' => true, 'validate' => 'isCleanHtml'),
'meta_title' => array('type' => self::TYPE_STRING, 'lang' => true, 'validate' => 'isGenericName', 'size' => 128),
'meta_description' => array('type' => self::TYPE_STRING, 'lang' => true, 'validate' => 'isGenericName', 'size' => 255),
'meta_keywords' => array('type' => self::TYPE_STRING, 'lang' => true, 'validate' => 'isGenericName', 'size' => 255),
),
);

/** @var string id_image is the category ID when an image exists and 'default' otherwise */
public $id_image = 'default';

protected $webserviceParameters = array(
'objectsNodeName' => 'categories',
'hidden_fields' => array('nleft', 'nright', 'groupBox'),
'fields' => array(
'id_parent' => array('xlink_resource'=> 'categories'),
'level_depth' => array('setter' => false),
'nb_products_recursive' => array('getter' => 'getWsNbProductsRecursive', 'setter' => false),
),
'associations' => array(
'categories' => array('getter' => 'getChildrenWs', 'resource' => 'category', ),
'products' => array('getter' => 'getProductsWs', 'resource' => 'product', ),
),
);

public function __construct($id_category = null, $id_lang = null, $id_shop = null)
{
parent::__construct($id_category, $id_lang, $id_shop);
$this->id_image = ($this->id && file_exists(_PS_CAT_IMG_DIR_.(int)$this->id.'.jpg')) ? (int)$this->id : false;
$this->image_dir = _PS_CAT_IMG_DIR_;
}

public static function getDescriptionClean($description)
{
return Tools::getDescriptionClean($description);
}

public function add($autodate = true, $null_values = false)
{
if (!isset($this->level_depth))
$this->level_depth = $this->calcLevelDepth();

if ($this->is_root_category)
$this->id_parent = (int)Configuration::get('PS_ROOT_CATEGORY');

$ret = parent::add($autodate, $null_values);
if (Tools::isSubmit('checkBoxShopAsso_category'))
foreach (Tools::getValue('checkBoxShopAsso_category') as $id_shop => $value)
{
$position = Category::getLastPosition((int)$this->id_parent, $id_shop);
$this->addPosition($position, $id_shop);
}
else
foreach (Shop::getShops(true) as $shop)
{
$position = Category::getLastPosition((int)$this->id_parent, $shop['id_shop']);
if (!$position)
$position = 1;
$this->addPosition($position, $shop['id_shop']);
}
if (!isset($this->doNotRegenerateNTree) || !$this->doNotRegenerateNTree)
Category::regenerateEntireNtree();
$this->updateGroup($this->groupBox);
Hook::exec('actionCategoryAdd', array('category' => $this));
return $ret;
}

/**
* update category positions in parent
* @param mixed $null_values
* @return boolean
*/
public function update($null_values = false)
{
if ($this->id_parent == $this->id)
throw new PrestaShopException('a category cannot be its own parent');

if ($this->is_root_category && $this->id_parent != (int)Configuration::get('PS_ROOT_CATEGORY'))
$this->is_root_category = 0;

// Update group selection
$this->updateGroup($this->groupBox);
$this->level_depth = $this->calcLevelDepth();
// If the parent category was changed, we don't want to have 2 categories with the same position
if ($this->getDuplicatePosition())
{
if (Tools::isSubmit('checkBoxShopAsso_category'))
foreach (Tools::getValue('checkBoxShopAsso_category') as $id_asso_object => $row)
foreach ($row as $id_shop => $value)
$this->addPosition(Category::getLastPosition((int)$this->id_parent, (int)$id_shop), (int)$id_shop);
else
foreach (Shop::getShops(true) as $shop)
$this->addPosition(max(1, Category::getLastPosition((int)$this->id_parent, $shop['id_shop'])), $shop['id_shop']);
}
$this->cleanPositions((int)$this->id_parent);
$ret = parent::update($null_values);
if (!isset($this->doNotRegenerateNTree) || !$this->doNotRegenerateNTree)
{
$this->recalculateLevelDepth($this->id);
}
Hook::exec('actionCategoryUpdate', array('category' => $this));
return $ret;
}

/**
* @see ObjectModel::toggleStatus()
*/
public function toggleStatus()
{
$result = parent::toggleStatus();
Hook::exec('actionCategoryUpdate');
return $result;
}

/**
* Recursive scan of subcategories
* @param integer $max_depth Maximum depth of the tree (i.e. 2 => 3 levels depth)
* @param integer $current_depth specify the current depth in the tree (don't use it, only for rucursivity!)
* @param integer $id_lang Specify the id of the language used
* @param array $excluded_ids_array specify a list of ids to exclude of results
* @return array Subcategories lite tree
*/
public function recurseLiteCategTree($max_depth = 3, $current_depth = 0, $id_lang = null, $excluded_ids_array = null)
{
$id_lang = is_null($id_lang) ? Context::getContext()->language->id : (int)$id_lang;

$children = array();
$subcats = $this->getSubCategories($id_lang, true);
if (($max_depth == 0 || $current_depth < $max_depth) && $subcats && count($subcats))
foreach ($subcats as &$subcat)
{
if (!$subcat['id_category'])
break;
else if (!is_array($excluded_ids_array) || !in_array($subcat['id_category'], $excluded_ids_array))
{
$categ = new Category($subcat['id_category'], $id_lang);
$children[] = $categ->recurseLiteCategTree($max_depth, $current_depth + 1, $id_lang, $excluded_ids_array);
}
}

if (is_array($this->description))
foreach ($this->description as $lang => $description)
$this->description[$lang] = Category::getDescriptionClean($description);
else
$this->description = Category::getDescriptionClean($this->description);

return array(
'id' => (int)$this->id,
'link' => Context::getContext()->link->getCategoryLink($this->id, $this->link_rewrite),
'name' => $this->name,
'desc'=> $this->description,
'children' => $children
);
}

public static function recurseCategory($categories, $current, $id_category = null, $id_selected = 1)
{
if (!$category)
$id_category = (int)Configuration::get('PS_ROOT_CATEGORY');

echo '<option value="'.$id_category.'"'.(($id_selected == $id_category) ? ' selected="selected"' : '').'>'.
str_repeat(' ', $current['infos']['level_depth'] * 5).stripslashes($current['infos']['name']).'</option>';
if (isset($categories[$id_category]))
foreach (array_keys($categories[$id_category]) as $key)
Category::recurseCategory($categories, $categories[$id_category][$key], $key, $id_selected);
}

/**
* Recursively add specified category childs to $to_delete array
* @param array &$to_delete Array reference where categories ID will be saved
* @param integer $id_category Parent category ID
*/
protected function recursiveDelete(&$to_delete, $id_category)
{
if (!is_array($to_delete) || !$id_category)
die(Tools::displayError());

$result = Db::getInstance()->executeS('
SELECT `id_category`
FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category`
WHERE `id_parent` = '.(int)$id_category);
foreach ($result as $row)
{
$to_delete[] = (int)$row['id_category'];
$this->recursiveDelete($to_delete, (int)$row['id_category']);
}
}

public function deleteLite()
{
// Directly call the parent of delete, in order to avoid recursion
return parent::delete();
}

public function delete()
{
if ((int)$this->id === 0 || (int)$this->id === (int)Configuration::get('PS_ROOT_CATEGORY'))
return false;

$this->clearCache();

$all_cat = $this->getAllChildren();
$all_cat[] = $this;
foreach ($all_cat as $cat)
{
$cat->deleteLite();
if (!$this->hasMultishopEntries())
{
$cat->deleteImage();
$cat->cleanGroups();
$cat->cleanAssoProducts();
// Delete associated restrictions on cart rules
CartRule::cleanProductRuleIntegrity('categories', array($cat->id));
Category::cleanPositions($cat->id_parent);
/* Delete Categories in GroupReduction */
if (GroupReduction::getGroupsReductionByCategoryId((int)$cat->id))
GroupReduction::deleteCategory($cat->id);
}
}

/* Rebuild the nested tree */
if (!$this->hasMultishopEntries() && (!isset($this->doNotRegenerateNTree) || !$this->doNotRegenerateNTree))

Hook::exec('actionCategoryDelete', array('category' => $this));

return true;
}

/**
* Delete several categories from database
* return boolean Deletion result
*/
public function deleteSelection($categories)
{
$return = 1;
foreach ($categories as $id_category)
{
$category = new Category($id_category);
if ($category->isRootCategoryForAShop())
return false;
else
$return &= $category->delete();
}
return $return;
}

/**
* Get the depth level for the category
* @return integer Depth level
*/
public function calcLevelDepth()
{
/* Root category */
if (!$this->id_parent)
return 0;

$parent_category = new Category((int)$this->id_parent);
if (!Validate::isLoadedObject($parent_category))
throw new PrestaShopException('Parent category does not exist');
return $parent_category->level_depth + 1;
}

/**
* Re-calculate the values of all branches of the nested tree
*/
public static function regenerateEntireNtree()
{
$id = Context::getContext()->shop->id;
$id_shop = $id ? $id: Configuration::get('PS_SHOP_DEFAULT');
$categories = Db::getInstance()->executeS('
SELECT c.`id_category`, c.`id_parent`
FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category` c
LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category_shop` cs
ON (c.`id_category` = cs.`id_category` AND cs.`id_shop` = '.(int)$id_shop.')
ORDER BY c.`id_parent`, cs.`position` ASC');
$categories_array = array();
foreach ($categories as $category)
$categories_array[$category['id_parent']]['subcategories'][] = $category['id_category'];
$n = 1;

if (isset($categories_array[0]) && $categories_array[0]['subcategories'])
Category::_subTree($categories_array, $categories_array[0]['subcategories'][0], $n);
}

protected static function _subTree(&$categories, $id_category, &$n)
{
$left = $n++;
if (isset($categories[(int)$id_category]['subcategories']))
foreach ($categories[(int)$id_category]['subcategories'] as $id_subcategory)
Category::_subTree($categories, (int)$id_subcategory, $n);
$right = (int)$n++;

Db::getInstance()->execute('
UPDATE '._DB_PREFIX_.'category
SET nleft = '.(int)$left.', nright = '.(int)$right.'
WHERE id_category = '.(int)$id_category.' LIMIT 1');
}

/**
* Updates level_depth for all children of the given id_category
* @param integer $id_category parent category
*/
public function recalculateLevelDepth($id_category)
{
if (!is_numeric($id_category))
throw new PrestaShopException('id category is not numeric');
/* Gets all children */
$categories = Db::getInstance(_PS_USE_SQL_SLAVE_)->executeS('
SELECT id_category, id_parent, level_depth
FROM '._DB_PREFIX_.'category
WHERE id_parent = '.(int)$id_category);
/* Gets level_depth */
$level = Db::getInstance(_PS_USE_SQL_SLAVE_)->getRow('
SELECT level_depth
WHERE id_category = '.(int)$id_category);
/* Updates level_depth for all children */
foreach ($categories as $sub_category)
{
Db::getInstance()->execute('
UPDATE '._DB_PREFIX_.'category
SET level_depth = '.(int)($level['level_depth'] + 1).'
WHERE id_category = '.(int)$sub_category['id_category']);
/* Recursive call */
$this->recalculateLevelDepth($sub_category['id_category']);
}
}

/**
* Return available categories
* @param integer $id_lang Language ID
* @param boolean $active return only active categories
* @return array Categories
*/
public static function getCategories($id_lang = false, $active = true, $order = true, $sql_filter = '', $sql_sort = '', $sql_limit = '')
{
if (!Validate::isBool($active))
$result = Db::getInstance(_PS_USE_SQL_SLAVE_)->executeS('
SELECT *
'.Shop::addSqlAssociation('category', 'c').'
LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category_lang` cl ON c.`id_category` = cl.`id_category`'.Shop::addSqlRestrictionOnLang('cl').'
WHERE 1 '.$sql_filter.' '.($id_lang ? 'AND `id_lang` = '.(int)$id_lang : '').'
'.($active ? 'AND `active` = 1' : '').'
'.(!$id_lang ? 'GROUP BY c.id_category' : '').'
'.($sql_sort != '' ? $sql_sort : 'ORDER BY c.`level_depth` ASC, category_shop.`position` ASC').'
'.($sql_limit != '' ? $sql_limit : '')
);

if (!$order)
return $result;

$categories = array();
$categories[$row['id_parent']][$row['id_category']]['infos'] = $row;

return $categories;
}

public static function getNestedCategories($root_category = null, $id_lang = false, $active = true, $groups = null,
$use_shop_restriction = true, $sql_filter = '', $sql_sort = '', $sql_limit = '')
{
if (isset($root_category) && !Validate::isInt($root_category))

if (isset($groups) && Group::isFeatureActive() && !is_array($groups))
$groups = (array)$groups;

$cache_id = 'Category::getNestedCategories_'.md5((int)$root_category.(int)$id_lang.(int)$active.(int)$active
.(isset($groups) && Group::isFeatureActive() ? implode('', $groups) : ''));

if (!Cache::isStored($cache_id))
{
SELECT c.*, cl.*
'.($use_shop_restriction ? Shop::addSqlAssociation('category', 'c') : '').'
LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category_lang` cl ON c.`id_category` = cl.`id_category`'.Shop::addSqlRestrictionOnLang('cl').'
'.(isset($groups) && Group::isFeatureActive() ? 'LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category_group` cg ON c.`id_category` = cg.`id_category`' : '').'
'.(isset($root_category) ? 'RIGHT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category` c2 ON c2.`id_category` = '.(int)$root_category.' AND c.`nleft` >= c2.`nleft` AND c.`nright` <= c2.`nright`' : '').'
WHERE 1 '.$sql_filter.' '.($id_lang ? 'AND `id_lang` = '.(int)$id_lang : '').'
'.($active ? ' AND c.`active` = 1' : '').'
'.(isset($groups) && Group::isFeatureActive() ? ' AND cg.`id_group` IN ('.implode(',', $groups).')' : '').'
'.(!$id_lang || (isset($groups) && Group::isFeatureActive()) ? ' GROUP BY c.`id_category`' : '').'
'.($sql_sort != '' ? $sql_sort : ' ORDER BY c.`level_depth` ASC').'
'.($sql_sort == '' && $use_shop_restriction ? ', category_shop.`position` ASC' : '').'
'.($sql_limit != '' ? $sql_limit : '')
);

$categories = array();
$buff = array();

if (!isset($root_category))
$root_category = Category::getRootCategory()->id;

{
$current = &$buff[$row['id_category']];
$current = $row;

if ($row['id_category'] == $root_category)
$categories[$row['id_category']] = &$current;
else
$buff[$row['id_parent']]['children'][$row['id_category']] = &$current;
}

Cache::store($cache_id, $categories);
}

return Cache::retrieve($cache_id);
}

public static function getSimpleCategories($id_lang)
{
return Db::getInstance(_PS_USE_SQL_SLAVE_)->executeS('
SELECT c.`id_category`, cl.`name`
LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category_lang` cl ON (c.`id_category` = cl.`id_category`'.Shop::addSqlRestrictionOnLang('cl').')
WHERE cl.`id_lang` = '.(int)$id_lang.'
AND c.`id_category` != '.Configuration::get('PS_ROOT_CATEGORY').'
GROUP BY c.id_category
ORDER BY c.`id_category`, category_shop.`position`');
}

public function getShopID()
{
return $this->id_shop;
}

/**
* Return current category childs
* @return array Categories
*/
public function getSubCategories($id_lang, $active = true)
{
$sql_groups_where = '';
$sql_groups_join = '';
if (Group::isFeatureActive())
{
$sql_groups_join = 'LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category_group` cg ON (cg.`id_category` = c.`id_category`)';
$groups = FrontController::getCurrentCustomerGroups();
$sql_groups_where = 'AND cg.`id_group` '.(count($groups) ? 'IN ('.implode(',', $groups).')' : '='.(int)Group::getCurrent()->id);
}

SELECT c.*, cl.id_lang, cl.name, cl.description, cl.link_rewrite, cl.meta_title, cl.meta_keywords, cl.meta_description
LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category_lang` cl ON (c.`id_category` = cl.`id_category` AND `id_lang` = '.(int)$id_lang.' '.Shop::addSqlRestrictionOnLang('cl').')
'.$sql_groups_join.'
WHERE `id_parent` = '.(int)$this->id.'
'.$sql_groups_where.'
GROUP BY c.`id_category`
ORDER BY `level_depth` ASC, category_shop.`position` ASC');

foreach ($result as &$row)
{
$row['id_image'] = Tools::file_exists_cache(_PS_CAT_IMG_DIR_.$row['id_category'].'.jpg') ? (int)$row['id_category'] : Language::getIsoById($id_lang).'-default';
$row['legend'] = 'no picture';
}
return $result;
}

/**
* Return current category products
* @param integer $p Page number
* @param integer $n Number of products per page
* @param boolean $get_total return the number of results instead of the results themself
* @param boolean $active return only active products
* @param boolean $random active a random filter for returned products
* @param int $random_number_products number of products to return if random is activated
* @param boolean $check_access set to false to return all products (even if customer hasn't access)
* @return mixed Products or number of products
*/
public function getProducts($id_lang, $p, $n, $order_by = null, $order_way = null, $get_total = false, $active = true, $random = false, $random_number_products = 1, $check_access = true, Context $context = null)
{
if (!$context)
$context = Context::getContext();
if ($check_access && !$this->checkAccess($context->customer->id))
return false;

$front = true;
if (!in_array($context->controller->controller_type, array('front', 'modulefront')))
$front = false;

if ($p < 1) $p = 1;

if (empty($order_by))
$order_by = 'position';
else
/* Fix for all modules which are now using lowercase values for 'orderBy' parameter */
$order_by = strtolower($order_by);

if (empty($order_way))
$order_way = 'ASC';

$order_by_prefix = false;
if ($order_by == 'id_product' || $order_by == 'date_add' || $order_by == 'date_upd')
$order_by_prefix = 'p';
elseif ($order_by == 'name')
$order_by_prefix = 'pl';
elseif ($order_by == 'manufacturer')
{
$order_by_prefix = 'm';
$order_by = 'name';
}
elseif ($order_by == 'position')
$order_by_prefix = 'cp';

if ($order_by == 'price')
$order_by = 'orderprice';

if (!Validate::isBool($active) || !Validate::isOrderBy($order_by) || !Validate::isOrderWay($order_way))
die (Tools::displayError());

$id_supplier = (int)Tools::getValue('id_supplier');

/* Return only the number of products */
if ($get_total)
{
$sql = 'SELECT COUNT(cp.`id_product`) AS total
FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'product` p
'.Shop::addSqlAssociation('product', 'p').'
LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category_product` cp ON p.`id_product` = cp.`id_product`
WHERE cp.`id_category` = '.(int)$this->id.
($front ? ' AND product_shop.`visibility` IN ("both", "catalog")' : '').
($active ? ' AND product_shop.`active` = 1' : '').
($id_supplier ? 'AND p.id_supplier = '.(int)$id_supplier : '');
return (int)Db::getInstance(_PS_USE_SQL_SLAVE_)->getValue($sql);
}

$sql = 'SELECT p.*, product_shop.*, stock.out_of_stock, IFNULL(stock.quantity, 0) as quantity, MAX(product_attribute_shop.id_product_attribute) id_product_attribute, product_attribute_shop.minimal_quantity AS product_attribute_minimal_quantity, pl.`description`, pl.`description_short`, pl.`available_now`,
pl.`available_later`, pl.`link_rewrite`, pl.`meta_description`, pl.`meta_keywords`, pl.`meta_title`, pl.`name`, MAX(image_shop.`id_image`) id_image,
il.`legend`, m.`name` AS manufacturer_name, cl.`name` AS category_default,
DATEDIFF(product_shop.`date_add`, DATE_SUB(NOW(),
INTERVAL '.(Validate::isUnsignedInt(Configuration::get('PS_NB_DAYS_NEW_PRODUCT')) ? Configuration::get('PS_NB_DAYS_NEW_PRODUCT') : 20).'
DAY)) > 0 AS new, product_shop.price AS orderprice
FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category_product` cp
LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'product` p
ON p.`id_product` = cp.`id_product`
'.Shop::addSqlAssociation('product', 'p').'
LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'product_attribute` pa
ON (p.`id_product` = pa.`id_product`)
'.Shop::addSqlAssociation('product_attribute', 'pa', false, 'product_attribute_shop.`default_on` = 1').'
'.Product::sqlStock('p', 'product_attribute_shop', false, $context->shop).'
LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category_lang` cl
ON (product_shop.`id_category_default` = cl.`id_category`
AND cl.`id_lang` = '.(int)$id_lang.Shop::addSqlRestrictionOnLang('cl').')
LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'product_lang` pl
ON (p.`id_product` = pl.`id_product`
AND pl.`id_lang` = '.(int)$id_lang.Shop::addSqlRestrictionOnLang('pl').')
LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'image` i
ON (i.`id_product` = p.`id_product`)'.
Shop::addSqlAssociation('image', 'i', false, 'image_shop.cover=1').'
LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'image_lang` il
ON (image_shop.`id_image` = il.`id_image`
AND il.`id_lang` = '.(int)$id_lang.')
LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'manufacturer` m
ON m.`id_manufacturer` = p.`id_manufacturer`
WHERE product_shop.`id_shop` = '.(int)$context->shop->id.'
AND cp.`id_category` = '.(int)$this->id
.($active ? ' AND product_shop.`active` = 1' : '')
.($front ? ' AND product_shop.`visibility` IN ("both", "catalog")' : '')
.($id_supplier ? ' AND p.id_supplier = '.(int)$id_supplier : '')
.' GROUP BY product_shop.id_product';

if ($random === true)
$sql .= ' ORDER BY RAND() LIMIT '.(int)$random_number_products;
else
$sql .= ' ORDER BY '.(!empty($order_by_prefix) ? $order_by_prefix.'.' : '').'`'.bqSQL($order_by).'` '.pSQL($order_way).'
LIMIT '.(((int)$p - 1) * (int)$n).','.(int)$n;

$result = Db::getInstance(_PS_USE_SQL_SLAVE_)->executeS($sql);
if ($order_by == 'orderprice')
Tools::orderbyPrice($result, $order_way);

if (!$result)
return array();

/* Modify SQL result */
return Product::getProductsProperties($id_lang, $result);
}

/**
* Return main categories
* @return array categories
*/
public static function getHomeCategories($id_lang, $active = true, $id_shop = false)
{
return self::getChildren(Configuration::get('PS_HOME_CATEGORY'), $id_lang, $active, $id_shop);
}

public static function getRootCategory($id_lang = null, Shop $shop = null)
{
$context = Context::getContext();
if (is_null($id_lang))
$id_lang = $context->language->id;
if (!$shop)
if (Shop::isFeatureActive() && Shop::getContext() != Shop::CONTEXT_SHOP)
$shop = new Shop(Configuration::get('PS_SHOP_DEFAULT'));
else
$shop = $context->shop;
else
return new Category($shop->getCategory(), $id_lang);
$is_more_than_one_root_category = count(Category::getCategoriesWithoutParent()) > 1;
if (Shop::isFeatureActive() && $is_more_than_one_root_category && Shop::getContext() != Shop::CONTEXT_SHOP)
$category = Category::getTopCategory($id_lang);
else
$category = new Category($shop->getCategory(), $id_lang);

return $category;
}

/**
* @param int $id_parent
* @param int $id_lang
* @param bool $active
* @return array
*/
public static function getChildren($id_parent, $id_lang, $active = true, $id_shop = false)
{

$cache_id = 'Category::getChildren_'.(int)$id_parent.'-'.(int)$id_lang.'-'.(bool)$active.'-'.(int)$id_shop;
{
$query = 'SELECT c.`id_category`, cl.`name`, cl.`link_rewrite`, category_shop.`id_shop`
LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category_lang` cl ON (c.`id_category` = cl.`id_category`'.Shop::addSqlRestrictionOnLang('cl').')
WHERE `id_lang` = '.(int)$id_lang.'
AND c.`id_parent` = '.(int)$id_parent.'
GROUP BY c.`id_category`
ORDER BY category_shop.`position` ASC';
$result = Db::getInstance(_PS_USE_SQL_SLAVE_)->executeS($query);
Cache::store($cache_id, $result);
}
}

/**
* Return an array of all children of the current category
* @param int $id_lang
* @return PrestaShopCollection Collection of Category
*/
public function getAllChildren($id_lang = null)
{
if (is_null($id_lang))
$id_lang = Context::getContext()->language->id;

$categories = new PrestaShopCollection('Category', $id_lang);
$categories->where('nleft', '>', $this->nleft);
$categories->where('nright', '<', $this->nright);
return $categories;
}

/**
* This method allow to return children categories with the number of sub children selected for a product
* @param int $id_parent
* @param int $id_product
* @param int $id_lang
* @return array
*/
public static function getChildrenWithNbSelectedSubCat($id_parent, $selected_cat, $id_lang, Shop $shop = null, $use_shop_context = true)
{
if (!$shop)
$shop = Context::getContext()->shop;

$id_shop = $shop->id ? $shop->id : Configuration::get('PS_SHOP_DEFAULT');
$selected_cat = explode(',', str_replace(' ', '', $selected_cat));
$sql = '
SELECT c.`id_category`, c.`level_depth`, cl.`name`,
IF((
SELECT COUNT(*)
FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category` c2
WHERE c2.`id_parent` = c.`id_category`
) > 0, 1, 0) AS has_children,
'.($selected_cat ? '(
SELECT count(c3.`id_category`)
FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category` c3
WHERE c3.`nleft` > c.`nleft`
AND c3.`nright` < c.`nright`
AND c3.`id_category` IN ('.implode(',', array_map('intval', $selected_cat)).')
)' : '0').' AS nbSelectedSubCat
LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category_lang` cl ON (c.`id_category` = cl.`id_category` '.Shop::addSqlRestrictionOnLang('cl', $id_shop).')
LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category_shop` cs ON (c.`id_category` = cs.`id_category` AND cs.`id_shop` = '.(int)$id_shop.')
AND c.`id_parent` = '.(int)$id_parent;
if (Shop::getContext() == Shop::CONTEXT_SHOP && $use_shop_context)
$sql .= ' AND cs.`id_shop` = '.(int)$shop->id;
if (!Shop::isFeatureActive() || Shop::getContext() == Shop::CONTEXT_SHOP && $use_shop_context)
$sql .= ' ORDER BY cs.`position` ASC';

return Db::getInstance(_PS_USE_SQL_SLAVE_)->executeS($sql);
}

/**
* Copy products from a category to another
* @param integer $id_old Source category ID
* @param boolean $id_new Destination category ID
* @return boolean Duplication result
*/
public static function duplicateProductCategories($id_old, $id_new)
{
$sql = 'SELECT `id_category`
FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category_product`
WHERE `id_product` = '.(int)$id_old;
$result = Db::getInstance()->executeS($sql);

$row = array();
if ($result)
foreach ($result as $i)
$row[] = '('.implode(', ', array((int)$id_new, $i['id_category'], '(SELECT tmp.max + 1 FROM (
SELECT MAX(cp.`position`) AS max
WHERE cp.`id_category`='.(int)$i['id_category'].') AS tmp)'
)).')';

$flag = Db::getInstance()->execute('
INSERT IGNORE INTO `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category_product` (`id_product`, `id_category`, `position`)
VALUES '.implode(',', $row)
);
return $flag;
}

/**
* Check if category can be moved in another one.
* The category cannot be moved in a child category.
* @param integer $id_category current category
* @param integer $id_parent Parent candidate
* @return boolean Parent validity
*/
public static function checkBeforeMove($id_category, $id_parent)
{
if ($id_category == $id_parent) return false;
if ($id_parent == Configuration::get('PS_HOME_CATEGORY')) return true;
$i = (int)$id_parent;

while (42)
{
$result = Db::getInstance()->getRow('SELECT `id_parent` FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category` WHERE `id_category` = '.(int)$i);
if (!isset($result['id_parent'])) return false;
if ($result['id_parent'] == $id_category) return false;
if ($result['id_parent'] == Configuration::get('PS_HOME_CATEGORY')) return true;
$i = $result['id_parent'];
}
}

public static function getLinkRewrite($id_category, $id_lang)
{
if (!Validate::isUnsignedId($id_category) || !Validate::isUnsignedId($id_lang))
return false;

if (!isset(self::$_links[$id_category.'-'.$id_lang]))
self::$_links[$id_category.'-'.$id_lang] = Db::getInstance()->getValue('
SELECT cl.`link_rewrite`
FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category_lang` cl
'.Shop::addSqlRestrictionOnLang('cl').'
AND cl.`id_category` = '.(int)$id_category);
return self::$_links[$id_category.'-'.$id_lang];
}

public function getLink(Link $link = null, $id_lang = null)
{
if (!$link)
$link = Context::getContext()->link;

if (!$id_lang && is_array($this->link_rewrite))

return $link->getCategoryLink($this,
is_array($this->link_rewrite) ? $this->link_rewrite[$id_lang] : $this->link_rewrite, $id_lang);
}

public function getName($id_lang = null)
{
if (!$id_lang)
{
if (isset($this->name[Context::getContext()->language->id]))
else
$id_lang = (int)Configuration::get('PS_LANG_DEFAULT');
}
return isset($this->name[$id_lang]) ? $this->name[$id_lang] : '';
}

/**
* Light back office search for categories
* @param string $query Searched string
* @param boolean $unrestricted allows search without lang and includes first category and exact match
* @return array Corresponding categories
*/
public static function searchByName($id_lang, $query, $unrestricted = false)
{
if ($unrestricted === true)
return Db::getInstance()->getRow('
SELECT c.*, cl.*
LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category_lang` cl ON (c.`id_category` = cl.`id_category` '.Shop::addSqlRestrictionOnLang('cl').')
WHERE `name` LIKE \''.pSQL($query).'\'');
else
return Db::getInstance()->executeS('
SELECT c.*, cl.*
LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category_lang` cl ON (c.`id_category` = cl.`id_category` AND `id_lang` = '.(int)$id_lang.' '.Shop::addSqlRestrictionOnLang('cl').')
WHERE `name` LIKE \'%'.pSQL($query).'%\'
AND c.`id_category` != '.(int)Configuration::get('PS_HOME_CATEGORY'));
}

/**
* Retrieve category by name and parent category id
* @param string $category_name Searched category name
* @param integer $id_parent_category parent category ID
* @return array Corresponding category
*/
public static function searchByNameAndParentCategoryId($id_lang, $category_name, $id_parent_category)
{
return Db::getInstance()->getRow('
SELECT c.*, cl.*
ON (c.`id_category` = cl.`id_category`
AND `id_lang` = '.(int)$id_lang.Shop::addSqlRestrictionOnLang('cl').')
WHERE `name` LIKE \''.pSQL($category_name).'\'
AND c.`id_category` != '.(int)Configuration::get('PS_HOME_CATEGORY').'
AND c.`id_parent` = '.(int)$id_parent_category);
}

/**
* Search with Pathes for categories
* @param string $path of category
* @param boolean $object_to_create a category
* * @param boolean $method_to_create a category
*/
public static function searchByPath($id_lang, $path, $object_to_create = false, $method_to_create = false)
{
$categories = explode('/', trim($path));
$category = $id_parent_category = false;

if (is_array($categories) && count($categories))
foreach($categories as $category_name)
{
if ($id_parent_category)
$category = Category::searchByNameAndParentCategoryId($id_lang, $category_name, $id_parent_category);
else
$category = Category::searchByName($id_lang,$category_name,true);

if (!$category && $object_to_create && $method_to_create)
{
call_user_func_array(array($object_to_create, $method_to_create), array($id_lang, $category_name , $id_parent_category));
$category = Category::searchByPath($id_lang, $category_name);
}
if (isset($category['id_category']) && $category['id_category'])
$id_parent_category = (int)$category['id_category'];
}
return $category;
}

/**
* Get Each parent category of this category until the root category
*/
public function getParentsCategories($id_lang = null)
{
$context = Context::getContext()->cloneContext();
$context->shop = clone($context->shop);

if (is_null($id_lang))
$id_lang = $context->language->id;

$categories = null;
$id_current = $this->id;
if (count(Category::getCategoriesWithoutParent()) > 1 && Configuration::get('PS_MULTISHOP_FEATURE_ACTIVE') && count(Shop::getShops(true, null, true)) != 1)
$context->shop->id_category = (int)Configuration::get('PS_ROOT_CATEGORY');
elseif (!$context->shop->id)
$context->shop = new Shop(Configuration::get('PS_SHOP_DEFAULT'));
$id_shop = $context->shop->id;
while (true)
{
$sql = '
SELECT c.*, cl.*
ON (c.`id_category` = cl.`id_category`
AND `id_lang` = '.(int)$id_lang.Shop::addSqlRestrictionOnLang('cl').')';
if (Shop::isFeatureActive() && Shop::getContext() == Shop::CONTEXT_SHOP)
$sql .= ' LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category_shop` cs ON (c.`id_category` = cs.`id_category` AND cs.`id_shop` = '.(int)$id_shop.')';
$sql .= ' WHERE c.`id_category` = '.(int)$id_current;
if (Shop::isFeatureActive() && Shop::getContext() == Shop::CONTEXT_SHOP)
$sql .= ' AND cs.`id_shop` = '.(int)$context->shop->id;
$root_category = Category::getRootCategory();
if (Shop::isFeatureActive() && Shop::getContext() == Shop::CONTEXT_SHOP
&& (!Tools::isSubmit('id_category') || (int)Tools::getValue('id_category') == (int)$root_category->id || (int)$root_category->id == (int)$context->shop->id_category))
$sql .= ' AND c.`id_parent` != 0';

$result = Db::getInstance(_PS_USE_SQL_SLAVE_)->getRow($sql);

if ($result)
$categories[] = $result;
elseif (!$categories)
$categories = array();
if (!$result || ($result['id_category'] == $context->shop->id_category))
return $categories;
$id_current = $result['id_parent'];
}
}
/**
* Specify if a category already in base
* @param int $id_category Category id
* @return boolean
*/
public static function categoryExists($id_category)
{
$row = Db::getInstance()->getRow('
SELECT `id_category`
FROM '._DB_PREFIX_.'category c
WHERE c.`id_category` = '.(int)$id_category);

return isset($row['id_category']);
}

public function cleanGroups()
{
Db::getInstance()->execute('DELETE FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category_group` WHERE `id_category` = '.(int)$this->id);
}

public function cleanAssoProducts()
{
Db::getInstance()->execute('DELETE FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category_product` WHERE `id_category` = '.(int)$this->id);
}

public function addGroups($groups)
{
foreach ($groups as $group)
Db::getInstance()->insert('category_group', array('id_category' => (int)$this->id, 'id_group' => (int)$group));
}

public function getGroups()
{
$cache_id = 'Category::getGroups_'.(int)$this->id;
{
SELECT cg.`id_group`
FROM '._DB_PREFIX_.'category_group cg
WHERE cg.`id_category` = '.(int)$this->id);
$groups = array();
foreach ($result as $group)
$groups[] = $group['id_group'];
Cache::store($cache_id, $groups);
}
}

public function addGroupsIfNoExist($id_group)
{
$groups = $this->getGroups();
if (!in_array((int)$id_group, $groups))
return $this->addGroups(array((int)$id_group));
return false;
}

/**
* checkAccess return true if id_customer is in a group allowed to see this category.
* @param mixed $id_customer
* @access public
* @return boolean true if access allowed for customer $id_customer
*/
public function checkAccess($id_customer)
{
$cache_id = 'Category::checkAccess_'.(int)$this->id.'-'.$id_customer.(!$id_customer ? '-'.(int)Group::getCurrent()->id : '');
{
if (!$id_customer)
$result = (bool)Db::getInstance(_PS_USE_SQL_SLAVE_)->getValue('
SELECT ctg.`id_group`
FROM '._DB_PREFIX_.'category_group ctg
WHERE ctg.`id_category` = '.(int)$this->id.' AND ctg.`id_group` = '.(int)Group::getCurrent()->id);
else
$result = (bool)Db::getInstance(_PS_USE_SQL_SLAVE_)->getValue('
SELECT ctg.`id_group`
FROM '._DB_PREFIX_.'category_group ctg
INNER JOIN '._DB_PREFIX_.'customer_group cg on (cg.`id_group` = ctg.`id_group` AND cg.`id_customer` = '.(int)$id_customer.')
WHERE ctg.`id_category` = '.(int)$this->id);
}
}

/**
* Update customer groups associated to the object
* @param array $list groups
*/
public function updateGroup($list)
{
$this->cleanGroups();
if (empty($list))
$list = array(Configuration::get('PS_UNIDENTIFIED_GROUP'), Configuration::get('PS_GUEST_GROUP'), Configuration::get('PS_CUSTOMER_GROUP'));
$this->addGroups($list);
}

public static function setNewGroupForHome($id_group)
{
if (!(int)$id_group)
return false;

return Db::getInstance()->execute('
INSERT INTO `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category_group` (`id_category`, `id_group`)
VALUES ('.(int)Context::getContext()->shop->getCategory().', '.(int)$id_group.')');
}

public function updatePosition($way, $position)
{
if (!$res = Db::getInstance()->executeS('
SELECT cp.`id_category`, category_shop.`position`, cp.`id_parent`
FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category` cp
'.Shop::addSqlAssociation('category', 'cp').'
WHERE cp.`id_parent` = '.(int)$this->id_parent.'
ORDER BY category_shop.`position` ASC'
))
return false;

$moved_category = false;
foreach ($res as $category)
if ((int)$category['id_category'] == (int)$this->id)
$moved_category = $category;

if ($moved_category === false || !$position)
return false;
// < and > statements rather than BETWEEN operator
// since BETWEEN is treated differently according to databases
$result = (Db::getInstance()->execute('
UPDATE `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category` c '.Shop::addSqlAssociation('category', 'c').'
SET category_shop.`position`= category_shop.`position` '.($way ? '- 1' : '+ 1').'
WHERE category_shop.`position`
'.($way
? '> '.(int)$moved_category['position'].' AND category_shop.`position` <= '.(int)$position
: '< '.(int)$moved_category['position'].' AND category_shop.`position` >= '.(int)$position).'
AND c.`id_parent`='.(int)$moved_category['id_parent'])
&& Db::getInstance()->execute('
SET category_shop.`position` = '.(int)$position.'
WHERE c.`id_parent` = '.(int)$moved_category['id_parent'].'
AND c.`id_category`='.(int)$moved_category['id_category']));
Hook::exec('actionCategoryUpdate');
return $result;
}

/**
* cleanPositions keep order of category in $id_category_parent,
* but remove duplicate position. Should not be used if positions
* are clean at the beginning !
* @param mixed $id_category_parent
* @return boolean true if succeed
*/
public static function cleanPositions($id_category_parent = null)
{
if ($id_category_parent === null)
return;

$return = true;
SELECT c.`id_category`
WHERE c.`id_parent` = '.(int)$id_category_parent.'
ORDER BY category_shop.`position`');
$count = count($result);
for ($i = 0; $i < $count; $i++)
{
$return &= Db::getInstance()->execute('
SET category_shop.`position` = '.(int)($i + 1).'
WHERE c.`id_parent` = '.(int)$id_category_parent.' AND c.`id_category` = '.(int)$result[$i]['id_category']);
}
return $return;
}

/** this function return the number of category + 1 having $id_category_parent as parent.
* @todo rename that function to make it understandable (getNewLastPosition for example)
* @param int $id_category_parent the parent category
* @param int $id_shop
* @return int
*/
public static function getLastPosition($id_category_parent, $id_shop)
{
return (1 + (int)Db::getInstance()->getValue('
SELECT MAX(cs.`position`)
LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category_shop` cs ON (c.`id_category` = cs.`id_category` AND cs.`id_shop` = '.(int)$id_shop.')
WHERE c.`id_parent` = '.(int)$id_category_parent));
}

public static function getUrlRewriteInformations($id_category)
{
SELECT l.`id_lang`, c.`link_rewrite`
FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category_lang` AS c
LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'lang` AS l ON c.`id_lang` = l.`id_lang`
WHERE c.`id_category` = '.(int)$id_category.'
AND l.`active` = 1'
);
}

/**
* Return nleft and nright fields for a given category
* @since 1.5.0
* @param int $id
* @return array
*/
public static function getInterval($id)
{
$cache_id = 'Category::getInterval_'.(int)$id;
{
$result = Db::getInstance()->getRow('
SELECT nleft, nright, level_depth
WHERE id_category = '.(int)$id);
}
}

/**
* Check if current category is a child of shop root category
* @since 1.5.0
* @param Shop $shop
* @return bool
*/
public function inShop(Shop $shop = null)
{
if (!$shop)

if (!$interval = Category::getInterval($shop->getCategory()))
return false;
return ($this->nleft >= $interval['nleft'] && $this->nright <= $interval['nright']);
}

public static function inShopStatic($id_category, Shop $shop = null)
{
if (!$shop || !is_object($shop))

if (!$interval = Category::getInterval($shop->getCategory()))
return false;
$row = Db::getInstance(_PS_USE_SQL_SLAVE_)->getRow('SELECT nleft, nright FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category` WHERE id_category = '.(int)$id_category);
return ($row['nleft'] >= $interval['nleft'] && $row['nright'] <= $interval['nright']);
}

public function getChildrenWs()
{
SELECT c.`id_category` as id
WHERE c.`id_parent` = '.(int)$this->id.'
AND c.`active` = 1
ORDER BY category_shop.`position` ASC');
return $result;
}

public function getProductsWs()
{
SELECT cp.`id_product` as id
WHERE cp.`id_category` = '.(int)$this->id.'
ORDER BY `position` ASC');
return $result;
}

/**
* Search for another category with the same parent and the same position
* @return array first category found
*/
public function getDuplicatePosition()
{
return Db::getInstance()->getValue('
SELECT c.`id_category`
WHERE c.`id_parent` = '.(int)$this->id_parent.'
AND category_shop.`position` = '.(int)$this->position.'
AND c.`id_category` != '.(int)$this->id);
}

public function getWsNbProductsRecursive()
{
$nb_product_recursive = Db::getInstance(_PS_USE_SQL_SLAVE_)->getValue('
SELECT COUNT(distinct(id_product))
FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category_product`
WHERE id_category IN (
SELECT c2.id_category
FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category` c2
'.Shop::addSqlAssociation('category', 'c2').'
WHERE c2.nleft > '.(int)$this->nleft.'
AND c2.nright < '.(int)$this->nright.'
AND c2.active = 1
UNION SELECT '.(int)$this->id.'
)
');
if (!$nb_product_recursive)
return -1;
return $nb_product_recursive;
}

/**
* @param Array $ids_category
* @param int $id_lang
* @return Array
*/
public static function getCategoryInformations($ids_category, $id_lang = null)
{
if ($id_lang === null)

if (!is_array($ids_category) || !count($ids_category))
return;

$categories = array();
$results = Db::getInstance(_PS_USE_SQL_SLAVE_)->executeS('
SELECT c.`id_category`, cl.`name`, cl.`link_rewrite`, cl.`id_lang`
WHERE cl.`id_lang` = '.(int)$id_lang.'
AND c.`id_category` IN ('.implode(',', array_map('intval', $ids_category)).')');

foreach ($results as $category)
$categories[$category['id_category']] = $category;

return $categories;
}

/**
* @param $id_shop
* @return bool
*/
public function isParentCategoryAvailable($id_shop)
{
$id_shop = $id ? $id : Configuration::get('PS_SHOP_DEFAULT');
return (bool)Db::getInstance()->getValue('
SELECT c.`id_category`
WHERE category_shop.`id_shop` = '.(int)$id_shop.'
AND c.`id_parent` = '.(int)$this->id_parent);
}

/**
* Add association between shop and categories
* @param int $id_shop
* @return bool
*/
public function addShop($id_shop)
{
$data = array();
if (!$id_shop)
{
foreach (Shop::getShops(false) as $shop)
if (!$this->existsInShop($shop['id_shop']))
$data[] = array(
'id_category' => (int)$this->id,
'id_shop' => (int)$shop['id_shop'],
);
}
elseif (!$this->existsInShop($id_shop))
$data[] = array(
'id_category' => (int)$this->id,
'id_shop' => (int)$id_shop,
);

return Db::getInstance()->insert('category_shop', $data);
}

public static function getRootCategories($id_lang = null, $active = true)
{
if (!$id_lang)

return Db::getInstance(_PS_USE_SQL_SLAVE_)->executeS('
SELECT DISTINCT(c.`id_category`), cl.`name`
LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category_lang` cl ON (cl.`id_category` = c.`id_category` AND cl.`id_lang`='.(int)$id_lang.')
WHERE `is_root_category` = 1
'.($active ? 'AND `active` = 1': ''));
}

public static function getCategoriesWithoutParent()
{
$cache_id = 'Category::getCategoriesWithoutParent_'.(int)Context::getContext()->language->id;
{
SELECT DISTINCT c.*
LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category_lang` cl ON (c.`id_category` = cl.`id_category` AND cl.`id_lang` = '.(int)Context::getContext()->language->id.')
WHERE `level_depth` = 1');
}
}

public function isRootCategoryForAShop()
{
return (bool)Db::getInstance(_PS_USE_SQL_SLAVE_)->getValue('
SELECT `id_shop`
FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'shop`
WHERE `id_category` = '.(int)$this->id);
}

/**
* @static
* @param null $id_lang
* @return Category
*/
public static function getTopCategory($id_lang = null)
{
if (is_null($id_lang))
$id_lang = (int)Context::getContext()->language->id;
$cache_id = 'Category::getTopCategory_'.(int)$id_lang;
{
$id_category = (int)Db::getInstance()->getValue('
SELECT `id_category`
FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category`
WHERE `id_parent` = 0');
Cache::store($cache_id, new Category($id_category, $id_lang));
}
}

public function addPosition($position, $id_shop = null)
{
$return = true;
if (is_null($id_shop))
{
if (Shop::getContext() != Shop::CONTEXT_SHOP)
foreach (Shop::getContextListShopID() as $id_shop)
INSERT INTO `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category_shop` (`id_category`, `id_shop`, `position`) VALUES
('.(int)$this->id.', '.(int)$id_shop.', '.(int)$position.')
ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE `position` = '.(int)$position);
else
{
$id_shop = $id ? $id : Configuration::get('PS_SHOP_DEFAULT');
INSERT INTO `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category_shop` (`id_category`, `id_shop`, `position`) VALUES
}
}
else

return $return;
}

public static function getShopsByCategory($id_category)
{
SELECT `id_shop`
FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category_shop`
WHERE `id_category` = '.(int)$id_category);
}

/**
* Update categories for a shop
* @param string $categories Categories list to associate a shop
* @param string $id_shop Categories list to associate a shop
* @return array Update/insertion result
*/
public static function updateFromShop($categories, $id_shop)
{
$shop = new Shop($id_shop);
// if array is empty or if the default category is not selected, return false
if (!is_array($categories) || !count($categories) || !in_array($shop->id_category, $categories))
return false;

// delete categories for this shop
Category::deleteCategoriesFromShop($id_shop);

// and add $categories to this shop
return Category::addToShop($categories, $id_shop);
}

/**
* Delete category from shop $id_shop
* @param int $id_shop
* @return bool
*/
public function deleteFromShop($id_shop)
{
return Db::getInstance()->execute('
DELETE FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category_shop`
WHERE `id_shop` = '.(int)$id_shop.'
AND id_category = '.(int)$this->id);
}

/**
* Delete every categories
* @return bool
*/
public static function deleteCategoriesFromShop($id_shop)
{
return Db::getInstance()->execute('DELETE FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category_shop` WHERE `id_shop` = '.(int)$id_shop);
}

/**
* Add some categories to a shop
* @param array $categories
* @return bool
*/
public static function addToShop(array $categories, $id_shop)
{
if (!is_array($categories))
return false;
$sql = 'INSERT INTO `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category_shop` (`id_category`, `id_shop`) VALUES';
$tab_categories = array();
foreach ($categories as $id_category)
{
$tab_categories[] = new Category($id_category);
$sql .= '("'.(int)$id_category.'", "'.(int)$id_shop.'"),';
}
// removing last comma to avoid SQL error
$sql = substr($sql, 0, strlen($sql) - 1);

$return = Db::getInstance()->execute($sql);
// we have to update position for every new entries
foreach ($tab_categories as $category)
$category->addPosition(Category::getLastPosition($category->id_parent, $id_shop), $id_shop);

return $return;
}

public function existsInShop($id_shop)
{
return (bool)Db::getInstance()->getValue('
SELECT `id_category`
FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category_shop`
WHERE `id_category` = '.(int)$this->id.'
AND `id_shop` = '.(int)$id_shop);
}
}

• Like 1

ive got this problem after updating to 1562 from 1531. Only categories with "is_root_category" tag = 1 in ps_category were affected, so it was a easy fix - rolled back database just before editing categories and changed "is_root_category" tag to 0 for all categories exept home.

thank you all for helping in this topic

• 1 month later...

Does this fix work on 1.5.6.2 because I just messed up my site because of this issue?

EDIT:

Managed to sort out the initial issue with phpmyadmin doing what was told here and after that I kept getting 'not found'. Obviously you have to go in the category and save it again to get it working in FO.

Hope I won't get this issue anymore... 1/2 day with my store offline..

Edited by the.rampage.rado (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So just to be clear, this problem that was noticed in April just broke my store completely, including all links that point to my store PERMANENTLY.  This is truly absurd, but I don't know why I would expect anything different from PS.

It's still not clear to me how to even fix this.  I now have two root categories, one of which with ID2 that is the old Root/Home category and ID6 with all the physical products in my store and the subcategories.  What exactly do I need to do to fix this mess.

i am not good at programming,but i still think prestashop should add additional table to establish the  relationship  between  categories and the shops,

i am using multi-store for a few month,i got the result :the relations between categories and store maybe need improve,

i think it need one more table (we maybe call it categories_relation_stores) to establish the  relationship  between  categories and the stores, so the same can be located in a different hierarchy for a different store,

such as

store1

root

-category1

-category2

-category3

store2

root

-category1

--category3

-category2

we can move category3 to be a children of category1 easily,(together with the products in category3),

it will be much flexible than now,

it can save much work to create categories,and manage products between multi-stores,

it's hard to manage the same products in different stores for they are in different category level,

Edited by Tianex.com (see edit history)

i have same problem on 1.5.6.2. my whole web store is ruined after basic text editing in description of categories. had to do full restore to an early date. ps is a business even basic platform is free. i paid also for the seo modele a lot of money and does nothing as far as seo concerns. ps refused to refund, offered credit on future purchases that i don't need. i think this is last time i use a "free" product and be the guineea pig of some smarter than me guys. that is how i changed from android to ios, from zpanel to direct admin, now time for ps to go to recycle bin forever. none of those services or products is serious, are offered free because it does not deserve any money to be paid for, the fortunate case will ever deserve some money won't be free anymore.

is there a way for a novice to edit into categories description without loosing the category forever though?

• 2 weeks later...

news as on jan. 10

i installed new 1.6.0.11, clean install. bug not present on demo store as installed. populated the store with almost 1000 products using store manager software. all still ok, no bug. hallelujah!

p.s. spent 2-3 days with cs-cart, planning to migrate. it does not look as flexible as prestashop and the operations logic is not so straight forward.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I am trying to fix this problem on one of my customers shops. Can you tell me please did you look at the database before and after importing the categories and products? If so can you tell me what changed?

Thanks

Keith

yes i looked, i use store manager. the directories of those edited categories moved out from the tree, sitting in root folder each of them, not under home in some directory or sub directory where they belonged before editing. i think someone with enough knowledge can move them back. i could not. i recomment to install latest version that don't have this bug but has a problem with validation process of the order in the end, too long and sometimes goes into error 500 because of that.