Flagging a product as "new" is wrong

In my shop I set the n° of days a product is considered as "new" to 20.

The purpose is that a newly entered product should be displayed as "new"(shoulderband)

But I noticed that when the description of an existing product is changed or added, and maybe also when you change the price, name, ...) , prestashop flags this product as "new". Although this is no new product (no new productID)

So the way prestashop (1.5.6.1 ) is flagging new products is wrong.Can I rectify this or is this solved in later versions?

(I also posted this as an idea for fixes in 1.5)

hello

you changed something in prestashop core?

im asking becasue while you updating product description - prestashop changes "date_upd" field in database.

it mean that it can't affect getNewProducts function because iti s based on date_add field

I didn't change a thing to the core. (only color-stuff, see my previous topics for that)

For the moment I've set the "number of days to 0" and will change that to 20 tomorrow.(can't do that now, apparently the system considers that if you change the param n° of days, all products entered or changed during the day are flagged( even if the time of changing/entering) was earlier than the time the param. n° of days is changed)

Then, next week, I willl change the description of an existing product.

then, I will get back to you.

Gave a nice weekend

patriek

I did some more tests as promised.

Here are my findings:

- Changed the param. "n° of days..." to 20 : products flagged as new (although they were created several days ago)

- changed the param "n° of days ..." to 10 : products NOT flagged (products were created approx. 14 days ago)

- changed the description of a product : product stays unflagged

So I suspect following happens :

If you set the param. "n° of days ..." to a certain value and the product is created lesser days ago than the value of the param. , the product is flagged. So if you set f.e. param. to 20 and the product is created 11 days ago, the "new" status is still valid because the period to flag is not gone. Apparently the value of the param. counts from the day the last product is created and not the date the param. was entered.

What happened yesterday is maybe to explain by the fact that the product, due to above, was allready flagged.(I did not check its flag-status prior to adding the description)

So, I think, I may state that something iis wrong: the param. does not take effect only for all future products, but is also valid for these product which were created lesser days than the param.-value.

I hope this explanation is a bit clear to you

patriek

(ps. the test for next week is not necessaire )

So, I think, I may state that something iis wrong: the param. does not take effect only for all future products, but is also valid for these product which were created lesser days than the param.-value.

patriek, I don't think there's anything wrong, it's just the way it's designed to work. It seems a reasonable approach.

Cheers, Dave

It is a bit awkward to me.

I suppose and expect when i fill in that all products must be connsidered new , that products entered after the condition was set are considered "new", because the products entered were allreadsy present in anolther webshop.

The previous software used was no more adequat. So all products entered are for me "old" products a

But it is indeed a matter of interpretation.