Is there a layered module that can do this?

musicmaster

In our shop we sell candies. As many customers ask for allergy information we have entered allergy information for those products where we have that information ourselves. We have used this information to create a layered filter.

My problem with this filter is that it takes lots of unnecessary space. It makes sense to offer customers the possibility to filter those products that are for example free of lactose. However, it doesn't make sense to offer them the possibility to select those products that do contain lactose.

In the attached picture I have shown what I have now and what I would like to have. My question is whether there are modules that can do this.

I think what you have a is a data problem. What I would do is only add the "Lactose" feature to products that are lactose free. Then you will only have one lactose feature to filter against. The same with the other features as well. Then with a little bit of re styling the standard block layered should suit your needs. 

• Like 1

@Samyha: I looked at the module but I can't see how it might do this. Can you explain which settings should work?

@Dh42: the reason why I enter data of products that are not lactose free is to discern products for which I have data from products for which I don't have data. The customer also sees it on the product data sheet. So deleting all the "contains lactose" data is not a very attractive option.

Ok, my other suggestion would be to edit the blocklayered module (if it even needs it) to add a key to the features in the css class. With that key you can hide ones easily through css that you do not want displayed. 

@Samyha

Are you guys marketing your own or others' modules, what is it in the email? Are others allows to follow the same practice?

Thanks,

Hello :)

For specific questions about the module, I invite you to contact my colleague. You will find her contact information in the mail I sent you.

Have a nice day!

• Like 1

@Samyha

Are you guys marketing your own or others' modules, what is it in the email? Are others allows to follow the same practice?

Thanks,

Hey,

Good point. We do allow members of the Community to market their modules on this official PrestaShop forum, we just ask that any advertising be done in the "Paid modules" section.

The "Addons website" section is quite different from the other forums, in a way: it is 100% related to our Addons marketplace and when we - as PrestaShop representatives - speak here, it is as an online retailer that we do so. To advise, help and please our customers.

In Samyha's email to musicmaster was only a coupon and contact details to one of our sales representatives, who you can reach at any moment by telephone or chat on addons.prestashop.com.

Well thanks there, its greatly appreciated, i am a freelance developer, i also do Magento programming, i see that Magento forum is way more flexible, you are free to post and the rules are flexible. But when i come to prestashop forum, i feel somebody tying my neck tighter......I have a suggestion here, if you wana compete Magento and drive more customers, give some flexibility to users, lots of people dont feel comfortable with strict moderation.... :)