[Feature Request] More powerful Theme Configurator or CSS editing module

I have updraded to 1.6 mainly because of the new customizable frontoffice. However, I am sure I am not the only one to feel disappointed with the new live Theme Configurator. I just expected more than 8 fixed color combinations (which only affect a very reduced set of elements), and a very short selection of fonts. Of course it is a step in the right direction, but confusing, difficult and frustrating direct CSS editing is still compulsory to customize even the most basic e-shop. 

Prestashop would multiply its client base with a truly useful Theme Configurator. Color, background and font customization (for most of all elements in the default theme) is easily done with most competitor e-commerce software, especially those emerging click-and-go hosted solutions. I think this basic feature should be addressed before more advanced ones.

The idea would be to natively implement something similar to the theme editor of presta-theme-maker.com.

As an easier solution to implement, I am sure that a quick, native CSS override module allowing to quickly change a style would work nicely. The only solution I know is CSS Editing module, a super-easy and free module that alas does not work with 1.6.0.5. 

Thank you!

PS It wouldn't hurt to add a short hint in the Theme Configurator module page about how to make it work. It is not intuitive and difficult to figure out.

PS2. I have also posted this at forge.prestashop.com as an issue/improvement.

Edited by lobogc (see edit history)
  • Like 2