Impossible to add products

When I try to add a product, I click on 'Save&Stay' and I get the errors:

2 errors 

1. Products must be in at least one category.
  2. This product must be in the default category.

(And no 'extra' buttons appear in the top bar, as the Manual suggests)

If I go to the 'Association' tab and select a category and click 'Save&Stay', I get:

This link_rewrite field is required at least in English (English)

IF I try to go to the SEO tab and add the name, I get 3 errors:

3 errors 

1. This name field is required at least in English (English)
  2. Products must be in at least one category.
  3. This product must be in the default category.

Can someone make sense of this?

I am going crazy here!!!

Please let me know if you can help by logging into my BO, I will PM the info.

Thanks.

It sounds like you have choosen to have more then one language in your presta installation. make sure that you fill out the english version ass well, there is a little flag at each one choose the american og brithis flag there.

The other errors are self explanitory, you need to put the product in at least one category.

you can find guides for 1.5 or 1.6 by googling prestrashop 1.6 add product.

here is one of the results

www.inmotionhosting.com/support/prestashop-16/

There is only English... that is what is so weird! And 'of course' I have been following the guide/manual, this is my third shop so I have some 'experience'....

In another thread someone suggested to change my cache folder to 777, did not work either.

I imported a sample cvs and they show up, but when I try to change them, I can change their category but not the price...

I will probably be reinstalling everything and eat my 5 days of work...

Just to let other know:

I did a complete reinstall and now all is working, but...

After clicking the 'Update all' button for the native modules, I get:

[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module install-1.3.2:
Call to undefined method Tools::recurseCopy()

Seems that it is getting more difficult to get the new 1.6 to work properly!!

Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

Came across this post when I found that I was having the exact same problem when trying to add products. The issue I found was when I was copying text from an existing site and pasting it into the description field. My work around for this is to copy it from a website and paste it into a text editor then copy from here and paste to the description field. Assume it has something to do with the format.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is my first  time with Prestashop and I'm using 1.6 version. I have the same problems I could not add a product it keeps on giving 2 errors that nowhere I could find a solution. Is there anybody from the prestashop team to fix these errors? I have a high expectation of Prestashop but i'm now turned off having this simple adding  product cannot be done  in a simple way.

I was getting this error for ages and still do sometimes. But what causes the issue is when you copy and paste text from a website or Word. The best I found to use was copying the text from Notepad/Notepad++

I tried typing directly to Presta but still the same errors are coming.

I'm experiencing the same issue today for one of my 1.6 PrestaShop installations. I believe it's a bug. The problem occurs because not all tabs are being loaded in background at the same time. For example, if I select the combinations tab to make a change and when I click on save the program tries to find a html form input field called categoryBox[] (a field from the category tab) but it can not as the form hasn't been loaded hence the following errors occur:

1. Products must be in at least one category.
  2. This product must be in the default category.

As a work around simply click on all the tabs and then click save. This has helped me work around the problem for now.  

• 2 weeks later...

Have you added a new product-tab on the menu-bar that has the tabs "Information", "Prices", "SEO", etc? Or have you changed the template files for any of those tabs? Or have you changed AdminProductsController.php?

If so, I might know how to help you.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you added a new product-tab on the menu-bar that has the tabs "Information", "Prices", "SEO", etc? Or have you changed the template files for any of those tabs? Or have you changed AdminProductsController.php?

If so, I might know how to help you.

I've changed some files and "AdminProductsController.php".

Have you any tips about this?

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you.

Finally it was a bug (#PSCSX-1257)!

Solution can be found following the last Jérôme Nadaud's comment on http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCSX-1257?focusedCommentId=93842&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-93842

Of course, such bug is corrected in the new PS 1.6.0.9 version as well.

Edited by Geo3010 (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

For me the bug still ..  i updated form 1.5 to 1.6.0.9 and cant add products.. neither edit the products from the older shop...

I made all changes of Jérome but i think that has error on that code, because, like on controllers/admin/AdminProductsController.php

he said to add lines... but the lines to add show the button infinite loading on first page of product.... and the others tabs isnt works...

and the error This link_rewrite field is required at least still there....

Can someone help me please

For me the bug still ..  i updated form 1.5 to 1.6.0.9 and cant add products.. neither edit the products from the older shop...

I made all changes of Jérome but i think that has error on that code, because, like on controllers/admin/AdminProductsController.php

he said to add lines... but the lines to add show the button infinite loading on first page of product.... and the others tabs isnt works...

and the error This link_rewrite field is required at least still there....

Can someone help me please

I am experiencing this as well... Please help

Hey Grindelf,

I managed to fix this myself, I just downloaded all of the raw files from the fix,and uploaded them. My biggest problem now is that the save times for the products are taking over a minute...

Thanks,

Steve

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same three errors when I try to save a product. I have to click several times in the save button to save the product.

I'm using prestashop 1.6 in spanish language, I think it is a bug. I never had this problem with prestashop 1.5.

November of 2014 and this bug still hasn't been fixed. I'm about to quit trying to get 1.6.0.9 running right and try some other program.

2 errors

1. This link_rewrite field is required at least in English (English)
  2. This name field is required at least in English (English

Only english, no other languages. The initial error is the "category". Continuous "saving" manages to take you to the language issue. I lost nearly an hour of my time trying to list one item before I gave up.

Is there ever going to be a fix for this? 

My programmers fixed this issue by setting permissions on the CONFIG directory to 777.

Especially the XML directory.

I set all the FILES in the config dir to 755, but all other files / subdirs to 777.

This sped up saves / load times, and fixed the 3 errors on saving.

Hope that helps someone!  :-))

- D