Can you explain what is CREDIT SLIP?

This is something to take notice of. If you translate credit slip in an online tool it will make for example in Portuguese: Erro de credito. Slip is indeed also an error in English. I've seen this in a few translations. Its actually a receipt to prove you have credit at the shop when you return goods, the value of the goods are then translated into credit or a gift voucher if you like. It doesnt translate directly into latin languages so be carefull. It would be a shame if Prestashop was realeased and customers were told they have "credit errors".
grtz

Hi cutmedia,

The term "credit slip" is widely used in English ("credit slip" gets over 26,000 hits on Google; "credit receipt" around 15,600), but I see your point.

However, it is my fervent hope that people are not relying on online translation tools as their only tool to translate PrestaShop. Ideally, the translation should be done by cross-referencing with good dictionaries containing multiple definitions, and also by taking the context into consideration. In the context of a translation of the RMA module, "credit slip" clearly refers to a receipt for credit and not a credit error.

Thanks for the heads-up!

• Like 1

Hi Peter,
I made a point of this because the mistake is in the current Portuguese translation, made by me and my partner who is native Portuguese. She translated it directly without a translation tool! We are correcting it now and will post when ready (didnt notice it untill now). Translation is never easy and I think a version control should be implemented, maybe by the different international comunities growing here that they can at least agree on an official version before release.
grt

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

In Spanish it would "Vale de compra". It is delivered to the client instead of giving cash when returning a product.

En castellano "Credit Slips" se traduciría como "Vale de compra" que se entrega al cliente en lugar de darle dinero en metálico cuando devuelve un producto.

Edited by ebigfoot (see edit history)
  • Like 3

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...