[SOLVED]Prestashop Addons Team

BMCS

Hello everyone.

I wish to ask for some assistance if possible.

I purchased a template (Addons Store) and now wish to get the updated version of my template.

The developer says I qualify for the update and can get it from my Addons account. However, the updated version is not listed in dropdown. So I cannot download it.

1. The Addons Team say get it touch with developer for it.

2. The developer insists the download should be available on my 'Addons' account. 

3. Last attempt to chat to Addons Team failed.

I got in touch via email and chat but I'm now in limbo. No one will give me the upadted version of my template.

Both developer and Addons have responded quickly (except for last chat..no reply). So I wanted to ask for help here.

Q. Has anyone any suggestions how to solve this. Regards.

Edited by kred59 (see edit history)

Hi,

I think you are talking about a template that you bought from me.

I also would have an answer of Prestashop Addons team about that because it happens many times and I don't understand why some customers can't access to the updates of the products they purchased in their account.

I also don't understand why Prestashop Addons team always tell to customers to get in touch with the contributors.

We can't do anything on that point on Prestashop Addons platform and we can't manually send updates to each of our customers.

Hello,

Actually the reason is simple.

You bought the theme the 31-05 which means you have the 1.8 version of this theme.

the 2014-02-18, PrestaCrea released the 2.0 as a major update, then a 2.1 as a minor update. The reason why you can't get the 2.0 or the 2.1 is because of that major update.

As you didn't buy the update option the day you made your order, the versions above a major update can't be downloaded.

Divine if you didn't know about that and don't want it that way, i can easily change your major update as a minor. Let me know.

have a good day

Thank you both for the replies and yes it was from you (PrestaCrea). I actually made an error selecting 'no update' when I purchased template as I was unsure.

I will wait a few days and hopefully the version will appear in my account download. I didn't want to cause any problems and I'm happy with fast responses.

Regards

Actually the reason is simple.

You bought the theme the 31-05 which means you have the 1.8 version of this theme.

the 2014-02-18, PrestaCrea released the 2.0 as a major update, then a 2.1 as a minor update. The reason why you can't get the 2.0 or the 2.1 is because of that major update.

As you didn't buy the update option the day you made your order, the versions above a major update can't be downloaded.

Kamel, this is really good information.  I always wondered what the "minor update" checkbox was for. 

Is this documented anywhere else where it would be better recognized and understood by sellers?

Well I guess the devblog isn't exploited enough ^^

Anyway we are already reworking the module submition page and we'll add a lot of information about the fields you fill.

I've applied the modification asked by Divine so kred59 you should now be able to download the 2.1 from your order history.

bellini there's no documentation :( That's why we opened the Addons category on the forum and the devblog with the team and that's also why it was restricted to contributors only for a while (the devblog).

Well, you saw the modifications were doing on the middle office. Let me know if you have advices or if you detect a problem ;)