Process (free) orders without needing to add address

Jimbola

Hello,

I sell mainly virtual products, some free some paid for, I would like users to be able to make purchases without having to add their physical address, and a few other fields.

I'm using PS 1.6.0.5 and my installation is the bog standard download one, so either this can be done to the theme files, or ideally as a module that allows me to control what information is required to process any order.

If you are a pro PrestaShop user with a good forum profile, and already have done a few demonstrable products already please get in touch with me by sending an IM with a quote.

Thanks

J

are there lots of products that are 'free'?

if not collecting the email address, then registering could be bypassed all together?

I ask only in that initially you could simply add link to product description for direct download and/or add download category with cms page with direct download links.

this is just a suggestion until you get custom solution.

are there lots of products that are 'free'?

if not collecting the email address, then registering could be bypassed all together?

I ask only in that initially you could simply add link to product description for direct download and/or add download category with cms page with direct download links.

this is just a suggestion until you get custom solution.

There will be lots of free products but also paid ones, but I do want to present the registration screen so people have the option to sign up to the newsletter, and of course registering goes someway towards persuading people to purchase a paid product.

There will be lots of free products but also paid ones, but I do want to present the registration screen so people have the option to sign up to the newsletter, and of course registering goes someway towards persuading people to purchase a paid product.

ok, let us know how you get it sorted.  Best to have good detail for whomever does this for you.

• 2 weeks later...

ok, let us know how you get it sorted.  Best to have good detail for whomever does this for you.

Well I appear to have a reached a dead end on this one, sent multiple inquires and received nothing back, so I can only assume it must be a difficult task. Seems like I will have to go with a different system altogether.

• 4 months later...