Set carrier for product using Import CSV

Hi
I have set only one special carrier for products from one category. I know that it is possible for each product to determine the carrier opening each product and add appropriate. But how to do a few at a time? I have a lot of products.
Earlier I import products and combinations of the csv file but I can not see where the carrier settings option.

You have any ideas?

• 4 months later...

I need this as well.  Hopefully someone finds this.  I have several categories and a different local courier for each category.  This will be very tedious to do it manually in the back office.  I see an Advanced Stock Management column in the CSV upload file, but no carrier.  Might have to write an SQL query to accomplish this????

I wouldn't say this is solved, but I found a way to do this that isn't too painful via MSExcel and MySQL INSERT query.

In your CSV file, force ID column, aa in this example.  Also create a column for the id_carrier, zz in this example. Lastly. create a column that is ignored by the CSV upload but used for an SQL query.  

In this ignored column, enter the formula:

=CONCATENATE("INSERT INTO `ps_product_carrier` (id_product, id_carrier_reference, id_shop) VALUES ('";aa1;"','";zz1;"','1');")

The resulting text should look something like:

INSERT INTO `ps_product_carrier` (id_product, id_carrier_reference, id_shop) VALUES ('100','5','1');
INSERT INTO `ps_product_carrier` (id_product, id_carrier_reference, id_shop) VALUES ('101','6','1');
INSERT INTO `ps_product_carrier` (id_product, id_carrier_reference, id_shop) VALUES ('102','7','1');
INSERT INTO `ps_product_carrier` (id_product, id_carrier_reference, id_shop) VALUES ('103','8','1');

After uploading the products, copy and paste this entire column into mysql> to execute the queries.  Worked for me!

Hope it helps someone out!

Teo

• Like 2

I wouldn't say this is solved, but I found a way to do this that isn't too painful via MSExcel and MySQL INSERT query.

In your CSV file, force ID column, aa in this example.  Also create a column for the id_carrier, zz in this example. Lastly. create a column that is ignored by the CSV upload but used for an SQL query.  

=CONCATENATE("INSERT INTO `ps_product_carrier` (id_product, id_carrier_reference, id_shop) VALUES ('";aa1;"','";zz1;"','1');")

INSERT INTO `ps_product_carrier` (id_product, id_carrier_reference, id_shop) VALUES ('100','5','1');
INSERT INTO `ps_product_carrier` (id_product, id_carrier_reference, id_shop) VALUES ('101','6','1');
INSERT INTO `ps_product_carrier` (id_product, id_carrier_reference, id_shop) VALUES ('102','7','1');
INSERT INTO `ps_product_carrier` (id_product, id_carrier_reference, id_shop) VALUES ('103','8','1');

After uploading the products, copy and paste this entire column into mysql> to execute the queries.  Worked for me!

Teo

Thanks for the tip smallbizwiz!  Is it possible to select multiple carries (but not all available) for a product using this method?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the tip smallbizwiz!  Is it possible to select multiple carries (but not all available) for a product using this method?

Sorry for such a late reply, haven't been coding lately...yes, you could accomplish 0, 1 or more than 1 carrier for a given product.  The INSERT statement would be exactly the same, just replace the id_carrier_reference with the carriers that wish to have.  To be clear, you can have more than one row in ps_product_carrier with hte same id_product.  If product #1 has four carriers, the insert statements might look like this:

NSERT INTO `ps_product_carrier` (id_product, id_carrier_reference, id_shop) VALUES ('1','5','1');
INSERT INTO `ps_product_carrier` (id_product, id_carrier_reference, id_shop) VALUES ('1','6','1');
INSERT INTO `ps_product_carrier` (id_product, id_carrier_reference, id_shop) VALUES ('1','7','1');
INSERT INTO `ps_product_carrier` (id_product, id_carrier_reference, id_shop) VALUES ('1','8','1');

• 1 month later...

Teo

Brilliant piece of work! Thanks for your code.

Ash.