Drop down list in Blocktopmenu prestashop 1.6

Hello everyone! 

I'm new to prestashop and I'm doing my website in version 1.6.0.5 

The issue is that I have a problem with the blocktopmenu. 

I want the categories to be deployed down (one below the other) 

But at this time to deploy the categories are displayed on the right (like columns) 

It can be changed to achieve a simple menu that displays the list down? 

8ng9N.png

And it is something like (list type) :

AvOco.png

First of all thanks to all!   :)

Jimena

In back office go to Modules->Modules, find Top horizontal menu and click Configure.

Under Available items, find the Categories section. The first entry in that section should be Home. Select that and then click ADD.

Use the arrows to change the position so that Home is the first entry in the list of Selected items, then click Save.

That should then give you the dropdown list when you hover over Home in front office.

Cheers, Dave

• Like 1

Hello Jimekiki,

Without having to re-code the template, your best bet would be to use an add-on.  Here's one that is 1.6 compatible:

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/front-office-features-prestashop-modules/2072-advanced-top-menu.html

Regards,

Arnel C.

Hi, Arnel 

thanks for your answer. 
This module seems to have what I want, I thought the original theme with some modifications could make do but I will have to consider what you suggest a package to me. Thanks!
  • Like 1

In back office go to Modules->Modules, find Top horizontal menu and click Configure.

Under Available items, find the Categories section. The first entry in that section should be Home. Select that and then click ADD.

Use the arrows to change the position so that Home is the first entry in the list of Selected items, then click Save.

That should then give you the dropdown list when you hover over Home in front office.

Cheers, Dave

Hi Dave

thanks for your answer. 
It has not worked it proposes me, thank you very much for all comments
  • Like 1

also can you share url to your shop? i can prepare css styles for you

i think that it will be enough in this case.

Vekia, 

thank you very much! 
I know you know a lot, I have seen plenty of solutions provided by you in another post, would appreciate your comments 
I'm working on a localhost, but tomorrow I will have uploaded to the server, if you can try tomorrow, is www.dulzuradepapel.com 
Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi, I'm trying to do the same as jimekiki as well. 

You can see in my home page www.feroca.com that the menú named "inicio" has a right dropping, and I'd like it drop down.

I follow the instructions of Scottycabanas and nothing happens.... :( the chosen tap of "home categories" do not even shows

How can I fix that?

Thanks in advance

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone.

I use PS version 1.6.0.9 and default-bootstrap theme and I would like to show subcategories of my shop like submenus in top horizontal menu. I have tried evetything but it seems the default theme (template) doesn`t support this to do. 

I have read from Vekia that it can be done with some css modifications. I wil be very happy if someone can help me to do this.

My web store is still under development but if someone would like to help me I will turn it online.

Best regards.

http://www.spelca-fashion.si