(Solved) Paypal gives 404 not found, fresh install 1.6.0.5

Jet7

Prestashop fresh install of 1.6.0.5, almost no modules, stardard theme, only change to original install is module updates (the ones included).

On performance tab, options are the original ones, nothing changed.

After a client finishes the order and tries to pay, on 5th step of order, and chooses Paypal, this is what he gets (check atached picture)

Any ideas about how to solve it?...

Shop was just about to go live..

Update:

If i remove URL rewritting, the error is the following:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, "DONT WISH FREE PUBLICITY, JUST HELP" and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

LAST UPDATE:

SOLVED, changed permissions of PayPal folder to 755 and problem solved. This same situation is described in Paypal subforum here at prestashop, my apologies for not checking it first. Anyway now people with this problem can find the solution in multiple places, or this post can be deleted.

For a better description in how to change the permissions (With Cpanel) check bellow on this page.

And my store is now up and running ;)

post-742753-0-95867500-1396548592_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jet7 (see edit history)

Solved it seems. Checked server log (dont even know i had permissions to do so) and saw the problem: server dont like that paypal folder has 777 permissions, had to change folder permissions to 755 and paypal now works.

I left work can only answer on phone, will be hard to explain but will try.

Can you access your server's Cpanel? (assuming there is one)?

If you can, go to file Explorer, inside Cpanel Web page, find Prestashop folder, then modules, finally select the folder of the module (PayPal in my case), right-click on the folder and select 'change permissions'. Remove checkboxes until the result is 755 and apply changes. If your problem is the same as mine, it shall be instantly fixed.

Hope it works, if not I wish some1 can help you better.

If you do not have Cpanel access, tell and tomorrow morning (london-lisbon time) I'll tell how to do it with a ftpclient. Hard to explain without a computer here..

Edited by Jet7 (see edit history)

Mate, in Cpanel page, check for an option called error log or something like that, it should open a page with a text box showing errors by date. I have no idea about your module, first data, but the problem may be listed in that error log. Check it and tell us what it says (be aware to not show sensitive data, like real links..)