Cart always empty

I did a fresh install of version 1.6.0.5.  I'll add a product to the cart and when clicking 'Proceed to Checkout' it shows the cart is empty!

I really need to get this working NOW!  My client is ready to launch her on-line business, next week! 

The store is at: www.mylocketoflife.com/shop

SOLVED!  Go to 'Modules' and click on the 'Cart Block' module.  Select 'NO' for ajax cart.

Edited by 3pinespro (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I did not have this issue, added to cart, proceeded to check out  (firefox)

rreg new user, [email protected]

but it had john doe address already...weird

and at payment,  when I click agree toc...nothing, no payment (maybe not set up yet)

sometimes when we develop new  shop and I don't recommend this often is to clear cookie/browser cache.

• 1 month later...

On new wersion of firefox 29.0 chart is not workin,ajax or not ajax it is same.On all other versions it is working.I dont know why is thta but it will be problem in future.If someon have answer please post. This is my website and all is working on other wersions of firefox www.glsell.com

• Like 1

i checked your shop with new firefox 29 and ajax cart works well

perhaps you use some plugins in your browser? or browser remember some old js files

can you try to clear cache there (in browser) and try again?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I did a fresh install of version 1.6.0.5.  I'll add a product to the cart and when clicking 'Proceed to Checkout' it shows the cart is empty!

I really need to get this working NOW!  My client is ready to launch her on-line business, next week! 

The store is at: www.mylocketoflife.com/shop

SOLVED!  Go to 'Modules' and click on the 'Cart Block' module.  Select 'NO' for ajax cart.

Same problem here

site is

http://www.kamdev.com/site/

only this product have price

http://www.kamdev.com/site/home/77-sexual-enhancement-for-men-women-sex-drive-and-erectile-function.html

but it work fine in firefox

done Ajay .. NO + yes to force compile + clear chatce in chrome still cart always show empty

Hi,

I had the same problem as the original poster. I also disabled Ajax mode and it worked. Well sort of...it makes people go straight to the checkout rather than allow them to continue shopping which is not so great. But it does keep the products in the cart. I would like to know if someone has solved it, so that it can work with the Ajax on

Thanks 

• 7 months later...

I have PS v.1.6.09 and I have had and still have SO much trouble, losing maybe 20% of my orders, since customers give up, because they cannot put anything in the cart. And who can ask customers to start by emptying cache and cookies?

I have tried every thing suggested to "fix" it. Really seems to be some cookie problem, because I can somewhat provoke the same as customers: I do this by using for example IE as browser, I empty cookies, go to the shop, and try to put a product in the cart. First time it fails on every product, next time on same product it ends up in the cart.

Too bad that such a fundamental thing as the cart is badly designed. Hard to make a living with Prestashop when the cart is not working.

There MUST be some fix or some module to instal, that can fix it? Or change the add button link to some kind of direct link? I do not see the new ps version .11 has a bug fix for the faulty cart adding, so might as well wait updating.

Edited by joergenaj (see edit history)

OK, thanks for helping. My shop is shop.7d.dk

It highly depends on what browser the user enters with. Changing to another browser sometimes helps. But today a customer had to start by creating an account to be able to put anything in the cart.

I will try to reinstall the OPC native module. I have no sophisticated module for the cart.

The quick search is not always loading, but it works. 

Ajax i turned off, because it was advised, also it is simpler without, and I found it was easier to make things come into the cart in IE with no Ajax.

There seem to be no module to reinstall for the cart itself, only the block cart. Anyway, my guess is that there is some cookie checking scripting that disturbs the call from the button click, not the cart itself.

This is clearly is an overlooked Prestashop problem world wide, millions of dollars lost because of this bug in the cart, stil remaining despite all the updates through time.

Try to reinstall top modules and header modules that are used in frontoffice. In this case search and cart also google translator clear cashe and enable ajax of cart.

you have deformation in your css of your search module some of modules is killing your cart module thats why it isnt working good.

Thanks again. I could and may try that. But firstly: Since the adding to cart is suddently doable by clicking an extra time or using other computer or browser, or signing up first, to me it may be a matter of some cookie checking of users cart, that tells it is supposed to be empty, and blocks the transfering of the product to the cart, Everytime I delete the cookies in IE, trouble starts where I can not add, but clicking once again something goes in the cart, and the cart seem to be "opened" and working.

These are always difficult to debug from the forum.  I can not add to cart with chrome, I did not try other browsers.

Can you disable  Accessories for combinations module, clear browser cache and re-test?

Thanks for the idea. How could you see I was using that module? But anyway I didn't use it so now disabled. Seemed to help at first, but now every time I test after deleting cookies and cache, I cannot put anytning in the cart. Testing with IE.

Ok, thanks. Seems no problem now. so maybe it was that crazy module, and it seems that Ajax popup is kinda nessecary.

the module had some 'messages' in console, as if were in test...never a good idea to be the first as I did not see any previous feedback on the module.  Ok, case closed.  Note: in the future, please open new topic to get best community review.  happy prestashopping.