Delete ALL sample data

Hi all,

Sorry but a very basic question, I just installed 1.6 of a test sub domain but need to delete ALL of the sample/test data like orders,customers and products.

Is there a built in feature to get rid of it all so that they all go and when I start creating things they start at record 1? If not, is there a bare install that doesn't install any sample data as I don't need it or want it.

Thanks all & love the new look. I have a real shop on Ver 1.5.3.1 and want to see what 1.6 is like.

Cheers

Alan

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Complete ALL of the following steps.

1. Go to the "Modules > Modules" page.
  2. Find the "Database Cleaner" module and click its "Install" button.
  3. You are directly taken to its configuration page (if not, click its "Configuration" button).
  4. Read and accept the warning, then click the "Delete Catalog" button: it will delete all your products and their attributes, manufacturers, etc.
  5. Read and accept the warning, then click the "Delete Orders & Customers" button: it will delete all your customers and their orders, carts, etc.
  6. Click the "Check & fix" button to refine your database integrity constraints.
  7. Click the "Clean & optimize" button to reorganizes the physical storage of table data and associated index data, to reduce storage space and improve I/O efficiency when accessing the tables.

THERE IS NO WAY BACK. Be sure to only click these buttons if you do intend to wipe your database from its default content.

Edited by ZinC (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Complete ALL of the following steps.

I have similar problem with 1.6.08, I use the cleaner to delete the entire data base, catalog, orders and customers but the dashboard still shows thousands of dollars in sales. How can I clear this? It made me crazy to clean it several time but the module says nothing to clear. but when clicking the dashboard, it still shows the rediculous sales. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you nocturnal,

that was a quick answer...

Anyway I saw other posts from you about the sample data in statistics, and your solution works like a charm..

the prestashop cleaner module does exist though and I found it thanks to another helpful post; it resets all pictures and default texts in any templates, look for ps cleaner.

Anyway I could not do any of this manually due to installation mistakes thru ftp install.. I am trying to redo it all, but thank you again nocturnal for your kindly help.

good night to you all

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So, it installs sample data by default, without even ask if you want it or not, and even worse, there is no a quick and simple way to delete it?

Shittiest software I ever used

There is a quick and simple way to delete it. Just turn off the demo mode, it's on the right side, down. 

Don't be rude.