[Solved] P.S 1.5.6.2 multistore - mailalerts not working (again)

Hi,

I have set up a shop that runs 1.5.6.2 and multistore. I am 99% positive that the mailalerts module worked before I set up the multistore, but now I do not receive any e-mails when there's a new order.

The module was updated today but it did not work before the upgrade either. The version of the module is 3.2.4

Can someone with a multistore setup please test and see if they find the same issue? In other shops runing the same version and the same version of the module there are no problems.

Edited by Prestafan1234 (see edit history)

All e-mails have been other domains than the shop domain - usually this does not mean anything? But I guess I get where you are going.I have just made another order with the shop domain and another domain, however, I do not have access to the shop domain e-mail so will have to wait for the owner to respond. But I find it odd, if the domain should mean anything?

Edit: There are no e-mails on the shop domain e-mail either.

Edited by Prestafan1234 (see edit history)

you emails are 'most' likely sitting your hosting mail server...

when we use different 'from'  email than our domain, most often this creates issue with one or mail servers and would not be issue for ps.

I suggest using your domain name, or google email can be set up by adding smtp server names to your dns records, you can search the web as I am rusty with that procedure.  there may be other 3rd party emails that also allow smtp server names added to your dns record...

let us know how it goes!

Please see my edited post above, no e-mails are sent to the domain e-mail either:-( I have other customers with shops running 1.5.6.2 (not multistore) where there are no problems using eg. a gmail or other mail address. They are hosted with the same host

Please see my edited post above, no e-mails are sent to the domain e-mail either:-( I have other customers with shops running 1.5.6.2 (not multistore) where there are no problems using eg. a gmail or other mail address. They are hosted with the same host

well theirs working and yours not is not similar..jajajaja

look we can play 20 questions...or we can hold each other hands...

check that it is hooking properly, see image.

04.03.2014-15.23.png

http://screencast.com/t/kaZb33HpKS

if hooked, then I suggest trapping the logic to see if  being executed.  If you are not comfortable with that then there are very good community members there than debug/fix for very reasonable fee.  here: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/forum/235-job-offers/

if you do so make sure to include this topic link...the more the contractor knows the cheaper it is to get done. :)

suerte

Ok that was an excellent question :-) The module was not hooked any longer (I have no idea why). Could it be the upgrade to the newest version through back office that un-hooked it?? Anyway, after fixing the module position, I received an order e-mail right away on my non-domain e-mail, and I am positive that the shopowner did as well - will check though.

Thank you so much for this suggestion - I never would have thought to check this myself, as there have been so many other problems with the mailalert module for the last few versions. I will mark this as solved when I can confirm that the owners have received the e-mail as well.

• Like 1

Ok that was an excellent question :-) The module was not hooked any longer (I have no idea why). Could it be the upgrade to the newest version through back office that un-hooked it?? Anyway, after fixing the module position, I received an order e-mail right away on my non-domrifain e-mail, and I am positive that the shopowner did as well - will check though.

Thank you so much for this suggestion - I never would have thought to check this myself, as there have been so many other problems with the mailalert module for the last few versions. I will mark this as solved when I can confirm that the owners have received the e-mail as well.

it's difficult to say, this module hooks in 9-10 different parts of PrestaShop.  uninstalling/installing should fix....you didn't way if you had to manually hook or not.