Error when upgrading to PHP 5.3 or 5.4

Hello, I get the following error from when trying to change the PHP settings from 5.2 to 5.3 or 5.4

Warning: preg_replace(): Compilation failed: invalid range in character class at offset 24 in /home/xxxx/public_html/classes/Tools.php on line 1079

Any idea how I can solve this?

• 4 months later...

I have exactly the same problem.

1.5.6.2 and I need cyrillic symbols in the URLs otherwise the conversion makes them pretty bad and unreadable.

The accented symbols function work but at the moment I'm running on PHP 5.4.31 and there's this error.

Also the added operators in the URL when using layered navigation don't appear and also the names of the manufacturers are gone.

What can be done?

• 1 month later...

S.O.S

Hi all! 

I have got same problem.

"[06-Oct-2014 15:04:45 Europe/Budapest] PHP Warning:  preg_replace(): Compilation failed: invalid range in character class at offset 24 in /var/www/home/bortour/public_html/classes/Tools.php on line 1079"

Errorlog send for me.

When I off accented URL, I don't make nothing my products(price, seo, frindly url). My server php v5.4.3.

thx

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Dans le fichier "Tools.php" du dossier" classes", à la ligne concerné échappé le "-" (ce qui donne "\-") par exemple : 

preg_replace('/[^a-zA-Z0-9\s\'\:\/\[\]-\pL]/u', '', $str);

devient : 

preg_replace('/[^a-zA-Z0-9\s\'\:\/\[\]\\-\pL]/u', '', $str);