Attributes, combination Prices not working! HELP

Hi everyone, i have a big problem, when i change the prices in the combination nothing works, when i go to the product page and i switch attribute, the price is always the same !

I bought the theme from templatemonster, they said that is a Prestashop problem and not of the theme.

Link to product: http://bluled.it/it/home/21-led-bulbs-v-tac.html#/versione-lampadina_led_20w_e2

im using Prestashop 1.5.6.2

Please help

are you able to verify this with default theme? just switch theme to default, and try

Already done, themeplatemonster switched to default theme and showed me that is not the theme problem, but is prestashop. Is so strange, how can prestashop has this bug ? I mean is one of the most important function on a e-commerce.

I hope you can help me

Edited by shirani (see edit history)

The link you provided says 'Page not available', please supply a working link.

In back office go to Catalog->Products, find the product where you have the problem, click edit, then select the Combinations config page.

Take a screenshot of that page and post it here.

Thanks, Dave

in fact, this feature works by default.

fact that it doesnt work in your shop it doesnt mean that it is a global prestashop bug

i think that problems like that needs a little more inspection, so please share correct url.

The link you provided says 'Page not available', please supply a working link.

In back office go to Catalog->Products, find the product where you have the problem, click edit, then select the Combinations config page.

Take a screenshot of that page and post it here.

Thanks, Dave

in fact, this feature works by default.

fact that it doesnt work in your shop it doesnt mean that it is a global prestashop bug

i think that problems like that needs a little more inspection, so please share correct url.

Here sorry :  http://www.bluled.it/it/home/21-led-bulbs-v-tac.html

The price is always showing the same because you haven't included any price impacts for the different combinations.

You default combination is the 20W E27 A80 4500K, so you need to provide the 'impact on price' for the other combinations (increase or decrease) when compared to the price for the default.

Cheers, Dave

The price is always showing the same because you haven't included any price impacts for the different combinations.

You default combination is the 20W E27 A80 4500K, so you need to provide the 'impact on price' for the other combinations (increase or decrease) when compared to the price for the default.

Cheers, Dave

im sorry but i changed 

Product cost  € (Overrides the product cost defined in the "Information" tab)

Each combination has different product cost, but also on the back office page doesn't display the impact.

• 1 month later...

Hi..

Prestashop 1.6.06 latest update and notised the following.

seems the wholesale price affect is not working when using combinations.

if you have 5 option and each has effect of 1e for the wholesale -> this would mean option 5 should be 5e wholesale.

seems that in the Admindashboard best_sellers will show the main wholesale price only when selling any option.

example

(PRICES) wholesale 1e and price 5e

option 1 - sale 0e - wholesale 0e

option 2 - sale 1e - wholesale 2e

option 3- sale 2e - wholesale 3e

option 4- sale 3e - wholesale 4e

option 5- sale 4e - wholesale 5e

would mean if you sell option 5 -> the bestseller should show sales of 9e and profit of 4e -> but no it will show profit of 8e

Hi..

Prestashop 1.6.06 latest update and notised the following.

seems the wholesale price affect is not working when using combinations.

if you have 5 option and each has effect of 1e for the wholesale -> this would mean option 5 should be 5e wholesale.

seems that in the Admindashboard best_sellers will show the main wholesale price only when selling any option.

example

(PRICES) wholesale 1e and price 5e

option 1 - sale 0e - wholesale 0e

option 2 - sale 1e - wholesale 2e

option 3- sale 2e - wholesale 3e

option 4- sale 3e - wholesale 4e

option 5- sale 4e - wholesale 5e

would mean if you sell option 5 -> the bestseller should show sales of 9e and profit of 4e -> but no it will show profit of 8e

Tested today with setting price to 0 and wholesale to 0 in main price settings and

option 1 to wholesale 5e and sale to 10e.

IT gives 10e as sales and 10e as profit.

• 3 months later...

Hi there I have a similar problem can anybody help please?

When I add combinations to any product, their prices show 0.00 however when you add the product to cart the real price shows in cart. 

Link for one of my products if anybody can help that will be awesome. Thanks in advance :)

http://palmafrica.com/shoes-sandals/53-african-print-eyelets-shoes-bag-set.html

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Death Metal Coding, on 02 Jun 2014 - 08:12 AM, said:snapback.png

Another solution is to go to themes > your theme > product.tpl and change

{addJsDef group_reduction=$group_reduction}

to

{addJsDef group_reduction=1}

Remember to clear smarty cache from the dashboard

Hi so I have tested both method with product.js and with product.tpl and the result is:

When you have PS of version 1.6.. with animation when adding goods into basket so after changing - recopying product.js - this animation stops working. The only issue. Prices are shown but animation gone. Works only when customer buy directly from front page there this animation works. So I have made changes according to steps above and returned back my product.js and now - prices are visible and animation works.

So based on my testing - you don´t need to do anything with product.js. Try to change only code in product.tpl and should work.

Cheers.

• 7 months later...

HI,

Has anyone found a solution to this problem yet?     I have tried to change the price for combinations on my site.   I have set the peramiters for "impact on price"  and still it does absolutly NOTHING!!!!!      No matter which option is selected the price remains EXACTLY THE SAME!

My version is 1.6.0.11 if it matters.

DSCN06391_zps5i1appx7.jpg

Any help would be appriciated.    Thanks

• 5 months later...

hi folks, i tried all above and didnt work for me.

it works on all my other attributes, except one - 'Dress me'

here is link: https://vouchoff.com/hairdressers-house-of-colour-dublin-special-offers-deals-price-list-makeup-peter-mark-voucher-discount-codes-prices-style-club/69-10-off-house-of-colour-dublin-special-offers-deals-price-list-makeup-abbey-street-hairdressers-price-list-voucher-discounts.html all attribute & prices work except: 'Dress me' .

using default theme. not using combinations (attributes are seperate and not connected to the other attributes). already cleared cache also, any help appreciated. using version 1.6.0.9

Edited by trevorgilligan (see edit history)

Hi Trevor,

The work around I found for this was to go to use the combinations generator.    In some cases I deleted everything from there and started over.  Its very quick.   

The reason I found that some attributes would not change the price is because every time you add an attribute a full new set of combinations must be generated.

For example if before you had 5 color choices, when you add  the "dress me" attribute a set of combinations for all of the previous options needs to be generated that include that option.    Red and dress me, blue and dress me, green and dress me, etc.

Its actually fairly quick using the generator.  

• 5 months later...

Has anyone gotten this figured out?

I have products with combinations - having difference prices with some of the combinations (ie; 12 pack @ $74.00 and 24 pack @ $148.00), and everything was fine until I tried to apply a catalog price rule (same thing happens with a specific price too) - at which point ALL combinations of the item have the same price instead of the different prices they had before with the new discount applied to them. This is such a basic tenement of ecommerce, I cannot believe a bug like this has not been fixed. (yes I looked through github, but could not find a fix that worked.)

I have setup a demo store with bootstrap and confirmed that this is not a theme problem.

Running Prestashop version 1.6.1.4, single shop, English language only, USD currency only.

• 2 months later...

My combinations were working perfectly a week ago. When I logged in tonight to add more products, I find that the price is not changing when a different combination is selected.  However, the loyalty point message reflects the increased price. When I add the higher priced product to the cart, I find that the cart then shows the default combination with the lower/base price. The back of store shows the correct prices for both combinations. I haven't changed anything since I last had this working. Any help is appreciated!

https://sfb525.pswebstore.com

Prestashop 1.6.1.3 default bootstrap

@SarahM

There's a JavaScript error on your website:

updateLoyaltyView(parseInt($('#our_price_display’).content()));

The ’ after our_price_display is a right apostrophe instead of a straight apostrophe. You should find this code and change it to:

updateLoyaltyView(parseInt($('#our_price_display').content()));

Unfortunately, since you have CCC enabled, I can't tell you exactly where this code is.

I upgraded from PS1.4.8 to PS1.6.1.4 and I also have problem that I can not change/update combinations and if I try to create new I get the following error message (with debugger turned on):

Unknown column 'available_date' in 'field list'

INSERT INTO `ps_product_attribute` (`id_product`, `location`, `ean13`, `upc`, `quantity`, `reference`, `supplier_reference`, `wholesale_price`, `price`, `ecotax`, `weight`, `unit_price_impact`, `minimal_quantity`, `default_on`, `available_date`) VALUES ('23', '', '', '', '0', '', '', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '1', NULL, '0000-00-00')

I interpret that as available date did not exist in 1.4 and that is now causing problem in database. However, I still do not know where this can be fixed. Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks in advance!

It would seem your database wasn't upgraded correctly. I would suggest performing a clean install PrestaShop v1.6.1.4 on your computer using XAMPP and then compare the structure of the two tables, adding missing fields and updating different fields.

• 2 weeks later...

My combinations were working perfectly a week ago. When I logged in tonight to add more products, I find that the price is not changing when a different combination is selected.  However, the loyalty point message reflects the increased price. When I add the higher priced product to the cart, I find that the cart then shows the default combination with the lower/base price. The back of store shows the correct prices for both combinations. I haven't changed anything since I last had this working. Any help is appreciated!

https://sfb525.pswebstore.com

Prestashop 1.6.1.3 default bootstrap

I found that an automated update to the Customer loyalty and rewards module caused my initial problem... I have turned off all auto updates to address this issue - at least then I will have a better idea when something was updated if it broke something.

I have had a lot of trouble with the Customer loyalty and rewards module not displaying correct rewards messages, but that is for another thread.

Now running Prestashop 1.6.1.4 with Panda Theme

Edited by obewanz (see edit history)

I have another issue with attributes. Everything seems correct in the back office, however when I try to swith from default size (that's my attribute) to another size in the front end, the page reloads and gets me back to the default size page. That makes it impossible to order the product in some other size.

I'm using the default theme. 

Any ideas?

• 1 month later...

I have a similar problem.  However, the combination attributes (colour/size) change on the lightbox effect, but not on the product page itself. 

http://hounds.co.uk/index.php?id_product=5&controller=product

http://hounds.co.uk/index.php?id_category=14&controller=category (click on the eye icon to show the lightbox).

I'm using prestashop 1.6.1.5 and theme 'fashion' theme if that helps?

Any ideas on why this is happening very welcome.

We have tried reverting to default theme and the combinations are sitll not working.

Thank you.

Edited by toffee (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I think I bring the solution for some of you.

It happened to me just in 1 product and I realised for any reason THERE WAS NOT a default combination selected in combination tabs. So you make of them " default combination" and voilà, the problem is fixed.

I dont know how is possible to loose the "default combination" status as there is always 1 that have it but it already happened 2 times to me....

The reason that some of you have repaired the problem with combinations generator because that gives the "default combination" status to 1 combination so the problem is gone.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I think I have the same problem...

Using prestashop 1.6.0.9 I have tried to fix with this solution but it doesnt work:

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/524192-combination-pricing-displayed-wrong-when-added-a-specific-price-for-parent-product/

I have switch also to the default theme and it still doesnt work so it must be a prestashop bug...

Any help will be apreciated...

I have found the fix!

http://forge.prestas...owse/PSCSX-8036

In summary.. at mytheme/js/product.js there is a line which looks like this:

// If a specific price redefine the combination base price
    if (combination.specific_price && combination.specific_price.price > 0)
        basePriceWithoutTax = combination.specific_price.price;

So I've replaced the avobe code by this one:

// If a specific price redefine the combination base price
    if (combination.specific_price && combination.specific_price.price > 0)
        { basePriceWithoutTax = +combination.specific_price.price; basePriceWithTax = +combination.specific_price.price * (taxRate/100 + 1); }

Now the issue is fixed... so when the user selects between the different combinations of the product, the prices and the stock quantities are updated and shown on real time...

On the first attempt I have an error message indicating that It was not possible to add the product to the cart, so I have cleaned cache and now it seems to work :)

I will do some test but I think it is definetly solved...

More info here: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/524192-combination-pricing-displayed-wrong-when-added-a-specific-price-for-parent-product/?do=findComment&comment=2511927

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...