How to add Custom Fields in Checkout

miftikhan76

I added my module with a hook hookActionCarrierProcess. The value is not getting saved to the database. Here are the steps I followed:

1. Added column in table ps_orders
  2. Added input control to order-carrier.tpl
  3. Added hook hookActionCarrierProcess to my module
  4. Set $cart->UserCarrierAccount = Tools::getValue('UserCarrierAccount'); in the hook

Can anyone have some thoughts why UserCarrierAccount value is not being saved to ps_orders table?

I figured out the solution, see as follows:

1. Add same fields to both ps_orders and ps_cart

2. There is no need to add fields to order-carrier.tpl. You may use DisplayCarrierList hook.

3. Add Hook  hookActionCarrierProcess and set $cart->UserCarrierAccount = Tools::getValue('UserCarrierAccount');

4. Set values to order object from cart object in validateOrder in PaymentModule class after line number 260.

Although the 4th action should be done using overriding the class PaymentModule as a best practice. But I changed the core just to save time in implementation.

Can anyone comment on this?

• 1 year later...

Hi miftikhan76,

I am not creating a module. I am adding fields to order-carrier.tpl. What file do I have to set $cart->UserCarrierAccount = Tools::getValue('UserCarrierAccount'); ? And how do I set values to order object from cart object? I know where the PaymentModule is, and have seen line number 260.

Thanks.