new field products CSV import: Feature (Name: Value: Position: Customized)

There is a change in the CSV content I don't can find any documentation: the feature field in the products file.

Here is the change:

- PS 1.5= Feature (Name: Value: Position)

- PS 1.6= Feature (Name: Value: Position:Customized)

The import with of a PS 1.5 format works fine, but what is "Customized"?

Any help to get more information?

Thanks

Navid

• 3 months later...

There is a change in the CSV content I don't can find any documentation: the feature field in the products file.

Here is the change:

Thanks

Navid

I have the same problem. I sent a post regarding this issue; but, I have not received a response. PrestaShop is a great e-commerce tool and it's free. However, features related to the importing and exporting of multiple products, categories, attributes and features should be straightforward and not require any special programming. For example I have more than 9,000 products with pictures and 13 custom product features for each product. Do I have to concatenate all the custom feature fields into one column? But some of my custom feature fields for example 'Product Information', 'Safety Information', Ingredients'  and 'Suggested Uses' are multi-word or several sentences long.

I didn't find a solution yet, in few months we will face the upgrade to 1.6 and we will find an outsider consultant to help.

I agree, PrestaShop is a great free platform for e-commerce... what I learned that creating a website is not free if you are not a professional coder/graphic: sooner or later you need to customize the shop and you need to pay.

At least, you can start with your own resources  :)

Navid

Customized (...:1) means that value will be stored to the Alt values field (right one) (Catalog -> Products -> Features -> Alt) but not to Existing Values (added from Catalog -> Features -> Values) and will not be shown in Filters.

Without "Customized" features and values will be added to "Catalog -> Features"  and "Catalog -> Features -> Values" and to "Catalog -> Products -> Features -> Value" (left one) and can be used in filters.

I have russian language interface so do not know right fields names from english interface.

Customized (...:1) means that value will be stored to the Alt values field (right one) (Catalog -> Products -> Features -> Alt) but not to Existing Values (added from Catalog -> Features -> Values) and will not be shown in Filters.
Without "Customized" features and values will be added to "Catalog -> Features"  and "Catalog -> Features -> Values" and to "Catalog -> Products -> Features -> Value" (left one) and can be used in filters.
I have russian language interface so do not know right fields names from english interface.

Thank you for your response. Your English is not bad. I have attached a sample of what my CSV product file looks like. Please look at the columns where the header field name starts with "Feature". How do I write it for each special feature column? 

FoodSource_Sample_Product_CSV.zip

• Like 2

Thank you for your response. Your English is not bad. I have attached a sample of what my CSV product file looks like. Please look at the columns where the header field name starts with "Feature". How do I write it for each special feature column? 

You have to write all features this way (without quotes but within semicolons): ";Case Size:1,Brand:Frontier Bulk,...,UOMPEREA:400"
In this example ... means all your features between features Brand and UOMPEREA
In Import CSV for column Features(Name:Value:Position:Customized) choose collumn above for import.
Or You can add features names to each value ";Case Size:1;Brand:Frontier Bulk;...,UOMPEREA:400;" for each row and do import CSV as many times as you have features. In Import CSV for column Features(Name:Value:Position:Customized) choose each collumn above for import at a time.
  • Like 1

You have to write all features this way (without quotes but within semicolons): ";Case Size:1,Brand:Frontier Bulk,...,UOMPEREA:400"
In this example ... means all your features between features Brand and UOMPEREA
In Import CSV for column Features(Name:Value:Position:Customized) choose collumn above for import.
Or You can add features names to each value ";Case Size:1;Brand:Frontier Bulk;...,UOMPEREA:400;" for each row and do import CSV as many times as you have features. In Import CSV for column Features(Name:Value:Position:Customized) choose each collumn above for import at a time.

Trohin. Thank you very much. I will give it a try.

• 3 months later...

Here is the change:

Thanks

Navid

hi.

My problem was solved.

I tried the trohin solution and it was true .(You have to write all features this way (without quotes but within semicolons))

thanks very much.

a : 12 : 1 , b : 58 : 2 , c : tttt : 3 , ..............

• 2 weeks later...

I can't import Features with PS 1.6.0.9 I tried multiple syntax but always throw a Prestashop Exception 

Property FeatureValue->value is not valid
at line 887 in file classes/ObjectModel.php

Maybe you can help me with these example:

Feature: Value

Height:100 mm
Width: 200 mm

Weight: 12 Kg

I tried to put like this:

(Name:Value)
Height:100 mm,Width: 200mm,Weight: 12 Kg

(Name:Value:Position)
Height:100 mm:0,Width: 200mm:1,Weight: 12 Kg:2

(Name:Value:Position:Customized)
Height:100 mm:0:1,Width: 200mm:1:1,Weight: 12 Kg:2:1

¿What is the correct syntax for this example?

Thanks guys!

• 1 month later...

I't seem like no one can explain how to import correctly Product features into Prestashop, here in the forum and searchin in Google, and it is quite frustrating, as many things in Prestashop...

Anyway, after some work around, if someone needs to import via CSV the Product Features with Customized values here the solution:

Feature (Name: Value: Position:Customized) = Name of the feature: Value of the feature : 1: 2

So it is important to put 2 at the end, so easy but not indicated in any doc...

• Like 5