[Solved] When using a specific price discount amount - tax is incorrect.

Hi guys! 

I'm trying to understand what's going on here...I've tested this on my website and on a vanilla install of prestashop 1.5.6.2 - as well as a vanilla install of 1.6...and I get the same figures on all three.

I'm using prestashop 1.5.6.2...

The math doesn't quite add up here or am I misunderstanding something? 

I have a product for $110.00 - base price.

I put a discount amount of $10.00

So final product should cost $100.00

This is fine for products with no tax rule on them...I've got a tax rule set up for New Jersey...7%...so when I log in as a customer with a New Jersey Address...these are the figures I get on the product page

Original price: $110.00

Special Price: $100.65 

With a 7% tax I should be getting $107.00 as the final price. 

Then on the cart checkout...I'm getting a grand total of $107.70 (free shipping)....where is the 0.70 coming from?? It seems like it's calculating the tax based on the original price $110 * 7% = $7.70 (so grand total $107.70) - should the tax be based on the original price? If so that's fine...but why does the product unit price on the checkout and product page show as $100.65

It will show all the right prices if you're NOT logged in or if you're logged in with an address that is NOT from New Jersey.

See screen captures: 

post-299242-0-27545800-1396028065_thumb.jpg

post-299242-0-63422700-1396028070_thumb.jpg

Edited by Arkadia (see edit history)

Okay Issue Fixed.

In classes/product.php (remember to create an override if you don't have one)

Change:

$reduc = !$use_tax ? $product_tax_calculator->removeTaxes($reduction_amount) : $reduction_amount;

to:

$reduc = $reduction_amount;

This fixes everything all around the shop...product page, cart etc. 

Credit to: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/296338-how-to-disable-tax-on-amount-of-discount/?p=1497024 for this fix.

Edited by Arkadia (see edit history)

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...