Display manufacturer in the product listing

bwaje

• 3 months later...

Found the solution for this issue:

1. On your FTP server, open ROOT/Themes/YourTheme directory.
  2. Open the product.tpl file and scroll down to rougly line 163.
  3. Find code that is similar to this:

<p id="product_reference"{if empty($product->reference) || !$product->reference} style="display: none;"{/if}>
    <label>{l s='Model'} </label>
    <span class="editable" itemprop="sku">{if !isset($groups)}{$product->reference|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}{/if}</span>
    </p>
  4. Right below it simply enter the following:
    <p id="manufacturer" {if !$product_manufacturer->name}style="display: none;"{/if}>
    <label>{l s='Manufacturer:'} </label>
    <a href="{$link->getManufacturerLink($product_manufacturer->id_manufacturer, $product_manufacturer->link_rewrite)|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}"><span>{$product->manufacturer_name|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}</span></a>
    </p>
  5. Save any changes that you make and Delete Cache in BackOffice.
Edited by vekia (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

If anyone does have the solution for this, it would be greatly appreciated. I am listing book titles and the author is pretty important. I need the author (manufacturer) displayed in the list too (which is now a list and not a grid).

Thanks for your help! One more thing. How can I transform this into a link to browse product by manufacturer? =)

here it is:

<a href="{$link->getManufacturerLink($product.id_manufacturer)}">
{$product.manufacturer_name}
</a>
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...
Well guys I could put the manufacturer on the product detail page of however I would like to put on the homepage and the same code did not work. How do I add the manufacturer for each product on the homepage. Thank you

Code used to product page:

{$ product-> manufacturer_name}

Prestashop 1.6

Elias [] 's

{$link->getManufacturerLink($product.id_manufacturer, $product.id_manufacturer->link_rewrite)|escape:'html':'UTF-8'} 

is working for me, but I understood that there are more Homefeatured modules. I use Prestashop version 1.4

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All, i've a different but important problem.

I've a bookstore and use Suppliers as Authors. The site works and with your help i get in product page the name of Authors under the title of book.

The problem is with search because if i search for an author i cannot get result.

There is a way to make this work?

I see that prestashop searches also in description, so i could theorically add the author/s in every description (duplicating the suppliers entry) at the end. But how can i do that?

We have over 8.000 products.

Thank you

Edited by Chicco (see edit history)