Favicon and store icon issue

Looking into it abit more i had a look at the db and there is a difference from my upgrade and my fresh install test site.

In ps_configuration there are some columns missing see pic.#

I added these missing columns but still wont let me change the favicon see other pi.

Any Ideas are welcome

*edit*

oops i uploaded same pic twice :)

post-295799-0-74033400-1396363858_thumb.jpg

post-295799-0-65241300-1396363874_thumb.jpg

Edited by Greenpilgrim (see edit history)

For me it shows broken image (one with question mark) for favicon and source shows it's .jpg file. Favicons should have .ico extension

Yes that is the problem, I have a .ico file if just doesnt change when i upload it. 

Also added the ps_configuration table to show missing collumns.

I added them but doesnt appear to have changed anything

favi.bmp

post-295799-0-91921700-1396364520_thumb.jpg

I have recently upgraded to 1.6 as well. Favicon.ico is showing as a missing link in both Back office and front store.
Have temporarily hard coded an icon in my themes header to get something working.

Is this an issue for upgraded prestashops?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It didn't function to me anything of the above replies. I deleted manually the favicon.ico from /prestashop/img/, and then uploaded the new favicon.ico from the backoffice in preferences, themes. Putting the new favicon.ico in the prestashop/img folder doesn't function if it's replacing the old one.

Hope it helped!

• 1 month later...

Uploading favicon isn't work for me either. I have recently upgraded my shop to 1.6.0.8.

Any of the options above didn't work in my case. However I noticed following two lines in HTML source:

<link rel="icon" type="image/vnd.microsoft.icon" href="/presta_dev/img/favicon.jpg?1404824707" />
        <link rel="shortcut icon" type="image/x-icon" href="/presta_dev/img/favicon.jpg?1404824707" />

After uploading favicon.jpg to that folder it works just well. All the modern browsers support .jpg format and this favicon can be used as a shortcut icon in tablets/phones etc.

Edited by Lerpsu (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I have the exact same problem, on a fresh 1.6 install with an old database that's been upgraded.

I tried everything but the front office always looks for 'favicon.jpg' that doesn't exist (and why a .jpg btw?)

I ended up changing the url manually in the template, but I would like to know how we can update this favicon_url, if anyone has an idea. Thanks

• Like 1

I have the exact same problem, on a fresh 1.6 install with an old database that's been upgraded.

I tried everything but the front office always looks for 'favicon.jpg' that doesn't exist (and why a .jpg btw?)

I ended up changing the url manually in the template, but I would like to know how we can update this favicon_url, if anyone has an idea. Thanks

With a little time I compare one database from a clean install with new database, I think it will be the only way of finding the real solution. 

Could you give me details of how to do it manually in the template? 

Thank you very much.
Edited by Jhony Ranger (see edit history)

Hey,

In the links from header.tpl, I just replaced {$favicon_url} with {$img_dir}favicon.ico after putting the icon in my theme's image folder.

Like you said, I replaced this:

<link rel="icon" type="image/vnd.microsoft.icon" href="{$base_dir}img/favicon.ico" />
		<link rel="shortcut icon" type="image/x-icon" href="{$base_dir}img/favicon.ico" /> 

to

<link rel="icon" type="image/vnd.microsoft.icon" href="{$img_dir}/favicon.ico" />
		<link rel="shortcut icon" type="image/x-icon" href="{$img_dir}/favicon.ico" />

Perfect, thank you very much. Now, with more time, I have to find out which tables are missing concerning the favicon in the database.

Very friendly apimick, good day.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Uploading favicon isn't work for me either. I have recently upgraded my shop to 1.6.0.8.

Any of the options above didn't work in my case. However I noticed following two lines in HTML source:

<link rel="icon" type="image/vnd.microsoft.icon" href="/presta_dev/img/favicon.jpg?1404824707" />
        <link rel="shortcut icon" type="image/x-icon" href="/presta_dev/img/favicon.jpg?1404824707" />

After uploading favicon.jpg to that folder it works just well. All the modern browsers support .jpg format and this favicon can be used as a shortcut icon in tablets/phones etc.

Thanks!

Like you said, I replaced this:

<link rel="icon" type="image/vnd.microsoft.icon" href="{$base_dir}img/favicon.ico" />
		<link rel="shortcut icon" type="image/x-icon" href="{$base_dir}img/favicon.ico" /> 

to

<link rel="icon" type="image/vnd.microsoft.icon" href="{$img_dir}/favicon.ico" />

Perfect, thank you very much. Now, with more time, I have to find out which tables are missing concerning the favicon in the database.

Very friendly apimick, good day.

Thank you!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have had this problem with the Favicon mysteriously appearing and then vanishing(becoming a question mark) with PS 1.6.0.9

The Header.tpl file in 1.6.0.9 has been updated with a new code for the favicon.ico to be displayed.(something to do with update_time)

I over wrote that with:

Copied the Favicon from the Root IMG folder to the theme IMG folder and all has been working well since.

Thanks to all that have contributed!