can't login to back office after upgrade to 1.6.0.5

I am really excited about this new version. I recently performed a 1-click upgrade to the latest 1.6 version and after the upgrade tried to log in to the admin back office to see the new layout but couldn't. It comes up with the admin login screen but when I input my email address and password and click on log in nothing happens. It acts like the log in button isn't working. I totally uninstalled Prestashop from my server and reinstalled it but the same thing happens. I don't have an active store yet so it's not hurting anything. i would just like to be able to start working on it in the near future though. Any thoughts on why this is happening?

Hi!

First off, bring up the developer console (f12), check if there is any error (red mark on the right) there. If so, post it here.

If not, access the resources tab, cookies, and delete all cookies for the site. Then try again :) THey might have got stuck

• Like 1

First of all thank you Nemo1 for your reply. Second please excuse my ignorance on the coding subject. I am relatively new to the whole open source concept. When I browse to my back office login page I tried to login using my email address and password and of course nothing happened. So I hit f12 and a window popped up at the bottom of my browser. I am using Google chrome btw. Where exactly and what am I looking for as far as red marks on the right side? can you post an example? Like I said sorry for my ignorance and thank you for your help!

I Have the same problem when i click the log in button nothing happens

<html lang="en">

<head></head>
    <body class="bootstrap">
        <div id="login"></div>

Left it for a few hours cleard cache now i can log in :) Once i logged in the theme was all messed up so now i went back to the older version.

Edited by pcmad (see edit history)

Hey Nemo1, there is nothing in the console tab. Can I just send you my shop address so you can try it out to see if the log in button works? you can probably just enter any user name and password just to see if it works. It should at least tell you that you have entered an invalid user name and/or password. oh and by the way I didn't see any red marks that you referred to in you first reply.

Oh, I tried everything and read all of the other post about blank screens and lost stores.  I've now tried to fresh install the store and it gets stuck at 45%.  I had my host check out the software again to make sure the server could handle the updated software and they said yes.  I've wasted lots of time and my hope for the software is fading.

• Like 1

Hey guys, I tried logging in on a different computer and was succesful. I'm using Chrome on both locations and logged into the same account on both machines so they are synced. I'm wondering if it's not a problem with a computer setting. You would think if it was a browser issue it would happen anywhere I tried to login. Anybody have any ideas?

I have  version 1.5.6.2 runing on one host no problems what so ever. I installed the exact same copy on another host and presented with the problems above. i've tried firefox, IE and chrome. still can't login(and stay logged in). First run, logs in to dashboard. click on one of the menu headings and get sent back to login page and can't get back in.

Clean install version 1.6.0.5 on same host with problem. same thing happens. logged in from my android phone, same thing happens. logged in from another computer, same thing happened.

followed above, no errors.

Been on my host checking php.ini for the "session.save_path =/****** "path is correct. No problems there either.

I haven't upgrade the other copy that is running fine on the other host. would like to resolve this problem first.

Happy to message url and login details to any one that can help.

I will also add that i have created and login in the store front and can log into the store front with no isusses of remaining logged in and navigating once logged in

Edited by Wild_Turkey (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi!

First off, bring up the developer console (f12), check if there is any error (red mark on the right) there. If so, post it here.

If not, access the resources tab, cookies, and delete all cookies for the site. Then try again :) THey might have got stuck

Cookie delete in Chrome dit the Job. Tnx

• 2 years later...

If you get a situation where you are not getting an error message stating that your email used or password is wrong but the program quits before reaching the admin with no error message. 

The solution is this: 

Use file manager or ftp program and go to the shop, then open config and edit settings.pdf. Make sure everything is accurate especially the folder for the shop.   Open the database using myphp (make sure that you are not trying to use the same database for two shops unless you  are using multi-store) admin and go to the shop url, make sure the shop url is accurate as if it is not it will create a conflict. If you are using a directory for your shop such as prestashop make sure there is a forward slash before and after the sub-directory.   If everything is accurate go to employee and edit.  Now go back to the settings.php edit  in the file manager and delete the code in the cookie but be careful you do not delete the whole line or the punctuation characters just the numbers and letters in the cookie code. Then go back to the php admin of the edit of employee and  current password code and put in the same password you have in the settings,php without putting anything in for the cookie key then save it making sure you use md5 for the encryption settings in the drop down  list. Then go down and hit go.  Go back to your login page and whala you should now be able to log in.  

Edited by usengines (see edit history)