Is Prestashop 1.6 updating all default modules today?

I used to clear cache in performance tab. But I still don't know what's wrong with my BO. I try to call hosting provider but there's no answer yet.

I suspect there's problem when prestashop updating modules. I have to try 2-3 times to login to BO.

Prestashop team please fix the update pipe system, prestashop 1.5.x.x merchants are receiving these updates, and are broken (not compatible with prestashop 1.5.x.x) some of them actually broke the site!

Regards

ok, after reading this thread http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/317315-updated-26-03-2014-new-suggested-modules-updates-for-15xx-are-broken/  is it safe to update ALL modules from the list on PS1.5? Presta Team please clarify.

My store has been bricked a few days ago only because I decide to update just 3 modules on my ps 1.5.6.2....

Do NOT do that you will broke your store!

I think it is ok to get the update notification(s). But what I do not like is that you can't configure a module if an update is available unless you update. There may be reasons why I do not update immediately and it should be possible to configure a module even if I decide not to upgrade at once. I know I can change version number etc. ... but I think it shouldn't be that way that configure button becomes an update button and you can't configure a module any more unless you update.

Edited by prestamax (see edit history)

I think it is ok to get the update notification(s). But what I do not like is that you can't configure a module if an update is available unless you update. There may be reasons why I do not update immediately and it should be possible to configure a module even if I decide not to upgrade at once. I know I can change version number etc. ... but I think it shouldn't be that way that configure button becomes an update button and you can't configure a module any more unless you update.

This is actually an improvement coming in the next release. Glad to see that some people want it :)

As for the upgrade pipeline in 1.5, I'm looking into it. No modules that are only 1.6-compatible should be in the list.

Please don't upgrade while I'm 100% sure everything's fine.

Holy molly!...i.e. configure disabled...that is going to create load of topics...bad day to give up drinking

• Like 1

Ok, for every merchant in 1.5.x, please delete the default_country_modules_list.xml in /config/xml and reload your module page.

If you upgraded and a module broke your store, download the 1.5.x zip on PrestaShop.com, copy the content of the module from the zip and overwrite the existing folder.

If you have any further problem, please contact me in DM.

Thanks.

• Like 3

I used to clear cache in performance tab. But I still don't know what's wrong with my BO. I try to call hosting provider but there's no answer yet.

I suspect there's problem when prestashop updating modules. I have to try 2-3 times to login to BO.

This is not the same cache. In performance tab, we're talking about your webstore cache (for your visitors) whereas I'm talking about a cache from our server.

Ok, for every merchant in 1.5.x, please delete the default_country_modules_list.xml in /config/xml and reload your module page.

If you upgraded and a module broke your store, download the 1.5.x zip on PrestaShop.com, copy the content of the module from the zip and overwrite the existing folder.

If you have any further problem, please contact me in DM.

Thanks.

Hi, I did that but still if you reload the module page 2 times the updates will appear again.

Thanks

Running 1.6 with apparently 45 updates i.e all my modules!

Is it safe to click update all or is this a problem with the update system?

Thanks

See if you host support more than 30 secs of Maximum execution time or you will get an error

if you have access to your php.ini file change the Maximum execution time to 60 secs and you should be fine ;)

• 3 months later...

Did someone eventually find a clean solution to this mess ?

I run a 1.6.0.8 version after upgrading (with module "one click update") from a 1.6.0.5 install and I had 60+ modules to update.

"Upgrade all modules" button announces everything went good except I still had on the same page the same 60+ modules asking for an update ?!?

Same contradictional info when I try to update one module at a time.

So I updated the modules/ directory from a fresh 1.6.0.8 download : things are a little better but I still have 28 modules to update, and the same strange messages.

Turning on debug mode brings no information on the modules page.

Modules needing an update cannot be configured, so this is quite a serious bug :(

Modules needing an update cannot be configured, so this is quite a serious bug :(

Yes you can. Select the dropdown next to the "update this module" and you can find the configure link.

As for the upgrade all, I'll look into it, but didn't encounter any problem when updating my own shop.

Lucas

• Like 1

Hi Lucas, 

Thank you for your answer : you are right about the modules : even if they need an update, they still can be configured !
The first one in my "to-update" list offered no configurate item in its dropdown, and I assumed none of the others would, but in fact it is just that this module has no configuration options... I scared myself for nothing : I was wrong and it's good news :)

... So the bug I see is much less blocking but remains :

"Upgrade all modules" button announces everything went good ... Wonderful, except I still have on the same page as many modules asking for an update . Same strange info when I try to update one module at a time.

Which messages are wrong, since they contradict each other :

the messages telling me the update was done or the messages telling me it has to be done ?

Where may I start to solve this ?

How can I check the real version of a module ?

Is there a way to turn off those warnings ? How bad is it if I do not update ?... 

Up ! Anyone ?

I still have 23 modules asking me for an update

... and pretending the update went successfully on the same schizophrenic page :(

Is it supposed to diappear on next version ? Shall I worry ? Does my install have a problem ?...