Why can't I post new topics?

jetx

Question

45 answers to this question

I have the same issue :(

This is my message I'd like to post:

Hi! I have cancelled my prestashop videogame store and would like to sell a presthemes.com videogame theme with lifetime upgrade subscription for 100$. Paypal\Webmoney payment available.

Theme Demo 

Please, let me know if you're interested. 

Thanks. 

Edited by Arkataev (see edit history)

I wonder if the issue is the word "personal" or "privacy" .  I tried to send you a PM, but it was incomplete. 

Subject:  Allow customers to delete personal information

Content: 

The suggested privacy message offers the customer the ability to delete his/her personal information with a statement like "You have the right to modify and delete this information."  But I can't find where the customer is allowed to delete his account. 

Also, I noticed the privacy statement appears on the initial account creation, but is not displayed on the page that displays the personal information.  Instead the latter page has the stock phrase [insert customer data privacy clause here, if applicable]. 

I am having the same issue.  Each time I try to post or preview, I am redirected to the main PrestaShop page. 

Me too. the same is happening to me, and I have never tried to sell anything here or written any bad words!

The message i am trying to post is asking a question about how to save a

c.u.s.t.o.m.i.z.e.d

t.h.e.m.e

so I thought I'd better put some dots in, in case that's the problem. I only want to know how to save the changes I've made to the bootstrap theme, so they dont get wiped when I update Prestashop.

(Can anyone advise?)

Edited by nocturnal (see edit history)

Hi all. I have been looking for way to post questions on the forum. Apology for moving away from the present topic.

I am a newbie who is having difficulties in configuring and building my website after installation of prestashop ecommerce software almost 1month ago. Please i need advice on how to complete the building of my website minimally with default theme, modules and sample products to enable me create account with manufacturers and whole salers. My website is www.aperinstore.com

Hi Mando, I'm pretty much a newbie myself. I've been following this guide here

http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/English+documentation

plus getting help from the people on this forum, who are incredibly generous with their time and knowledge.

One of the best things I've learned is to look at your Prestashop website and hit F12 on your keyboard. Your browser will then show you your Prestashop code, and you can even change the code in your browser without affecting the real code. When you've changed it to the way you want it to look, just go into your C-panel on your hosting service, and change the real files on your server.

I can only see how to reply to an existing topic. I need to start a new thread because there is nothing similar to my problem.  If there is a link to create a new thread it is very difficult to see.

This is my question

We are using prestashop version PrestaShop™ 1.5.4.1. Recently we had a problem with  the database. Now many products are showing price zero (0.00) in the front office. But when you select the product and put it in your shopping  basket, the correct price appears.

Also on the back office the price is still correct.

What can we do so that the price appears on the front office as it it on back office? 

Why did it happen. Will it happen again?

Thanks for your advice

I can only see how to reply to an existing topic. I need to start a new thread because there is nothing similar to my problem.  If there is a link to create a new thread it is very difficult to see.

This is my question

We are using prestashop version PrestaShop™ 1.5.4.1. Recently we had a problem with  the database. Now many products are showing price zero (0.00) in the front office. But when you select the product and put it in your shopping  basket, the correct price appears.

Also on the back office the price is still correct.

What can we do so that the price appears on the front office as it it on back office? 

Why did it happen. Will it happen again?

Thanks for your advice

what theme you use? default one? perhaps some non-default solution?

A developper told me he needs to write a script for it, and it will cost 60 euros. All the 0 will go to the correct price and when it happens again, we just need to rerun the scripty. He says it was something to do with the cache......

Thanks for your help

I'm having the same issue. This is really getting on my nerves as I've tried to scan my post for "banned" words. Can't find anything obvious.

I need to make some progress on an issue I'm having, and not being able to post to the forums is a huge hindrance. What should I do to resolve this?

I'm facing the same problem and no answer or reaction: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/364521-cannot-add-topics-to-theme-development-on-english-forum/

My words are sure not blacklisted... Faced yesterday that searching with "ps16" on a title I get an error, that "ps" ist not allowed for to search. Probably another bug of the software which appeared after one upgrade...

Same problem here.

I follwed these steps to isolate the banned words:

1. Copy entire text to a text file
  2. Cut and paste the first sentence, click the preview button, if you see the post preview, paste the next sentence, if you are redirected to the homepage try to find the banned word in the pasted sentence and repeat until you see preview

I just did this to find out wich word was causing the issue and it finaly worked.

Hope this can help someone.

Edited by sitecorporatif (see edit history)

I can't post a new topic too. I wrote my topic, when I push the button to send it then I redirected to the prestashop homepage.

Sorry for my bad english, it's not my mother tongue. 

Some or one of your words in text are blacklisted. Try to rework the text using other words.

No. You should try to add only one or two lines by copying the entire text before. Post them. If there are now problem with this lines you paste the other two remaining. If there ia a problem you can delimit that one or more words in that lines are blacklisted.

blacklist is changing and growing, therefore no official list. Furthermore we don't want to give tips to spammers for the words they don't use.... ;)  and the one they can use for to spam.

Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)

No. You should try to add only one or two lines by copying the entire text before. Post them. If there are now problem with this lines you paste the other two remaining. If there ia a problem you can delimit that one or more words in that lines are blacklisted.

blacklist is changing and growing, therefore no official list. Furthermore we don't want to give tips to spammers for the words they don't use.... ;)  and the one they can use for to spam.

I tried with just some words like "Hi, how are you?" without success!

Edited by ferramentaacasa (see edit history)

it's because on banned words. these filters are here for fighting with spam, unfortunately it affects also real merchants :(

can you send me this message? i will try to post it will see what's going on

Hello Venkia, 

As you have mentioned in your profile banner that if we want reply from you on some topic we need to create a new topic. As i am new member I am not able to create new topic. Please help me how to create a new topic or permit me to ask you question in private message.

Thanks

The question I am trying to post is .... I am having trouble login into the dashboard as it keeps taking me back to the log on screen.  Can anyone please help .. I am not techno savvy. 

But I have no buttons or anywhere to add this question to the forum

I cannot reply that post https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/365367-bcash-prestashop-16/ neither download the attached file. Why ?

This is correct. Older topics added to the section [ARCHIVE] are only for archive purposes and not actual anymore. There is no possibility for download. You should search for actual topics. You should use pagseguro instead.

bcash module for older Prestashop versions (upto 1.4.) you will find here: http://bcash.com.br/desenvolvedor/modulo-loja-virtual-prestashop/. If you need a newer version, you should contact the developer.

Did anyone find a solution to why they can start a new post as I am having this issue also. I can reply to a post, and I can search any forum but the button to 'start a new topic' does not appear on my screen. Any help on this?

where you're trying to post new topic? what subforum ?

I was able to post a new topic only by editing my post content.

Please see here: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/552316-using-non-wildcard-ssl-on-site-and-media-servers/?p=2393703

If on point 4 I make the static1.domain.com link without space it redirects me to home page or just don't save the edited post.

Probably some bug?!